Uniform V No uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hopefully after reading the commandments, editing my profile, I have got the hang of the forum. I have @ four questions and thought it would be easier this time to post as individual quesions.

Uniform V No Uniform

I will be taking my Ez Flow Gel system course in the next couple of weeks and my trainer requires only that I wear black and i'm neat and professional.

Once I am qualified I will be working in a hairdressers Saturdays and mobile on the nights. I think I should invest in a uniform. What do the other Mobile Technicians generally wear ?

hey hun my own personal opinion i think a uniform looks more professional if i walk in a salon rather than them just what ever they please but i guess its up to you what kind of image you would like a casual/everyday wear or professional/people knowing who you are

x

without a doubt wearing a uniform looks 100% more professional. I think people tend to take you more seriously too.

Whe I did mobile hairdressing, a long time ago :lol:, I started out with no uniform but I found when I started wearing one clients took me more seriously and treated me and my business with more respect...had much less asking for discounts and asking if they could pay at a later date ( the attitude of 'oh well your only playing at this game':rolleyes:)
Also if there were friends or familly in the house they were more likely to make a booking when I wore an uniform as a lot thought I was a friend of the client doing them a favour rather that a moblie hairdresser looking for clients iykwim :lol:.
HTH

When I was an EZFlow tech, I wore black trousers, a black 3/4 sleeve top, black shoes and the black EZFlow apron.
I still do the same, just my apron isn't EZFlow.

I always disliked wearing a tunic and trousers as I found that they looked smart in the morning but as they gathered dust throughout the day, I felt I looked grubby.

The aprons are not very expensive so I could afford to buy a few and change them throughout the day and stay looking fresh.

I prefer to wear a tunic as it looks the part and also I think it looks so professional...!! But I do get fed-up with the dust so may invest in a apron to go over the top of my tunic!!!

xx

Hi Guys

Many thanks. I think I will get a uniform and get a apron to go over the top. I definately think your right I will be taken more 'seriously' and will ensure that no one mistakes me as a 'friend doing a favour'

many thanks

Without any question you should wear a uniform it gives off a professional image, you havent even got to go with the traditional tunic as there are so many other options out there:)

Personally I think a "traditional" uniform e.g a tunic looks really old fashioned and I would feel like a servant or the "help" if wearing one to a clients house (I'm mobile).

I just created my own look with smart comfy trousers, linen ones in the summer, and a smart t-shirt. I also found the traditional uniforms too hot and restrictive. I 100% agree with being smart and tidy but think that there is another option and you can still look professional without the tunic uniform. :hug:

None of the hairdressers in any salon I have been to in London wear a uniform. But you should wear what you feel comfy in be that uniform or not as long as you are smart and clean!!! :)

I have a traditional uniform and i have also just bought two wrap dresses, i cant tell you how nice it is to be in those rather than the uniform, I have stupid huge boobs, they get in the way of everything and the wrap dress is so much more comfy. !! I think i will alternate, trousers and uniform tunic if i am doing pedis etc and wrap dress if not.

tigi

I always wore a uniform and when I opened the salon started with them then ditched them in summer for colour co-ordinated t-shirts and blk 3/4 shorts, now I wear 3/4 top and black trs.
My clients really dont mind what I wear - A big friendly smile is enough for new clients to take me seriously

I have two uniform options I wear. For massages Lonsdale trackies with matching sleevless top. For waxing trackies with either matching tshirt, or my new 'Waxing for Guys' t-shirt. Of which I need to get some more made.

Uniform hun, anything else looks unprofessional.

:hug:

Hi
I think branding is very important, I like to see a nicely done embroided logo on a white t shirt and black apron. Branding is very important to any business. I think that tunics give a fabulous professional image for a beauty therapist but not needed at all for nail techs. If our clients see creativity in our clothing and make up they will have the same view for us as a nail tech.

I love, love, LOVE my tunic!! Makes me feel so much more of a 'proper' tech lol! And I think clients do like it as it give a more professional outlook.

Plus there are so many fabulous tunics or uniform alternatives there is bound to be something to suit individuals style and tastes.

Kelly x

a client actually commented 'oh its nice you still look professional even tho you dont have a salon anymore' this was last night at his house.

i get the impression without it my clients wouldn't take me seriously,
i wear a tunicand trousers. i love it tho makes me get into 'work mode'.
i also wear an ezflow apron with enhancements and the raw earth apron by CND for pedicures cos i tend to make a mess. :rolleyes:

I think a uniform is best, you look more professional in a tunic but you can get very warm in summer so i think aslong as you still wore smart clothes in the summer it would be fine

Latest posts

Back