Urgent help needed!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korey

Reaction score
hi all,

my 2 year old daughter has got a hair stuck in her big toe :eek: and i can not get it out shes really distraught as obviously it is very painfull, does anyone have any suggestions of how i can get it out?

thanks in advance xx

hi all,

my 2 year old daughter has got a hair stuck in her big toe :eek: and i can not get it out shes really distraught as obviously it is very painfull, does anyone have any suggestions of how i can get it out?

thanks in advance xx

Yes ... take her to your local surgery.

its closed at this time i tried phoning dont no if i should take her to the hospital cos there is no way i am getting near it and she has been hyseterical for the last hour i dont want to waste the hospitals time as i no to them this will be anything but an emergency but i cant leave my daughter like this all night i have tried everything can think even put her in a bath to see if maybe that would soften the skin a little and i would get near it but its buried right in there and i dont want her toe to get any worse. She cant stand on it either which is distressing her even more i thought maybe someone would have an idea or something they have tried before it was worth shot as everyone on here is so helpfull, x

Last edited:
its closed at this time i tried phoning dont no if i should take her to the hospital cos there is no way i am getting near it and she has been hyseterical for the last hour i dont want to waste the hospitals time as i no to them this will be anything but an emergency but i cant leave my daughter like this all night

Is it pussy? Can you try to draw it out with a hot compress? Not too hot of course.

no its not pussy but thats why i dont want to chance leaving to long incase it does get infected and of course as its hurting her a lot its only happened today as she was fine earlier up to about an hour and a half ago then she went crazy screaming that her toe was jaggy, and i dont want to keep prodding and touching it incase i make it worse for her x

Most doctors' surgeries have out of hours numbers to call. Even a pahrmacist at your local chemist might be able to help, even if it is just to confrim you should go to the hospital. I would have thought leave best alone and get it looked at if its causing her that much agony.
Hope you get it sorted.
Lorraine

Is it an ingrowing hair or is it lodged under her toenail?

How can you get a hair stuck in your toe? a needle or a nail I can understand but a hair?? :eek:

How can you get a hair stuck in your toe? a needle or a nail I can understand but a hair?? :eek:

They can work their way through the skin, especially if you stand on them. My hairdresser once got one in her foot, and had to pull it out, she said it was about 3 inches long!

Korey, if your daughter is in that much of a state, you should take her to the hospital and get it removed. It may not be a typical emergency, but it still needs sorting. You can't have a hysterical child on your hands all night.:hug:

I have got a hair stuck in my toe when clearing up in flip flops after my husband had cut his hair with clippers it seems to make them really sharpe and strong, it feels like a needle. Try ringing the NHS direct they have a web site with a phone number. xx

My first thought with this is if it is under the nail are you sure it is a hair and not a splinter haemorrhage? i.e a tiny bruise, a thin streak of blood under the nail which can look like a dark hair? This in itself shouldnt be painful though unless she has other swelling etc too.

Did your daughter get the hair out her toe?
i know how she feels, all weekend i thought i had a blister on the sole of my foot until i checked it yesterday & it was an inch long hair stuck with half in my sole & half sticking out. must have picked it up in the salon. I soaked my foot to soften the skin & pulled it with tweezers but it really hurt! like getting an injection.

I haven't got any advise or anything constructive to add but I was sitting here when I first read this thinking it was a joke :Grope:

I really didn't know that could happen, it sounds painful.

I would never have thought a hair could hurt or even get under someones skin or nails :eek:

I've had an ingrown toenail before and had to have loads of ops on it until they eventually put me under general and cut the sides out and stitched the toe back together.

Hope your daughter is ok now.
xx

My only advise would be to get some cotton wool or pads, soak them in salt water and place over the area of hair. Then wrap with a bandage. It may take a few hours but the warm salt water draws it out of the skin. HTH
Bless her heart. xx

I shave my head and regularly get hair stuck in my hand and have had it stuck in my foot. It can be very painful.

If I were you and had no other option I would call the hospital and check with them

I the same have never heard of this before.

Is it just a hair that get's through the hyponychium(spelt so wrong), i certainly wouldn't of thought it would of hurt.

Would soaking it in witch hazel, or TCP something antiseptic like that work my partners dad does that a lot for similar problems etc

I'm really shocked that this can cause such pain it must be awful i really wouldn't like to experience it.

Hope all is well.
xxxx

Probably to late with this but here goes.
Get a bowl of warm water, if you do pedicures this is perfect, put a drop of bath oil and I do mean a drop into the warm water and let her rest her whole foot in this for a good 20 minutes. Her nail and skin will soften, if you have the sort of foot bath that has a vibration setting, put that on to. After about 20 minutes if the hair has not floated out on its own it should come out with a little tug from your tweezers. I would then put some antiseptic cream on the toe and cover over night with a plaster, just to keep it clean while the skin closes up again.:hug:

Well I never knew that! It's true that you learn a new thing everyday...

Hope you got it sorted ok x

I wont tell you where I had a hair stuck once, but put it this way I couldn't sit down for days (there is a blog somewhere about it)

I totally symapthise, it's horrendously paintful. My mother suffered with these too as she was a hairdresser, I always thought she was bonkers but not I actually know it does bloody hurt lots.

Good Luck and hope that it's all ok now xx

My daughter got a hair wrapped around and in between her toes when she was only about 3 weeks old. Her foot swelled up and I took her to A&E in a panic.

I was amazed when they told me it was hair wrapped around that caused the problem and not only that, she had been the 3rd baby in the A&E dept that DAY with the same problem!! Amazing!!

Gina xx

Latest posts

Back