Use and abuse of Ebay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you buy from Ebay

• Only Nail Art supplies

Votes: 133 38.4%
  • Enhancement stuff, I cannot buy anywhere else

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Both

Votes: 63 18.2%
  • Don't buy prof stuff from Ebay

Votes: 142 41.0%

• Total voters
Now, here's where I have a bit of a problem..... would the Royal Mail be happy if a parcel exploded because it contained flammable liquid that no-one knew was there? Do you think there are laws on how to ship products for fun?? It is illegal to send flammable goods through the post - that's the biggest issue for me - by incorrectly posting momoner etc you are putting lives at risk.

minky here

I shall now Clear up what you assumed I was saying , You automatically used me as an example for your ultra strong personal feelings about what you thought I had bought on eBay and what you thought I had put in the post.
I shall now clarify things .
I have done my training with NSI and I bought all my Training items from them by credit card at the same time as I booked my course .
Somewhere in my posts on salon geek I have said yes I buy from eBay but only nails, C moon nails,
as these are great for practicing on my models whilst I am still training.
I have also bought other NSI items from eBay which include small pots of nail art paints , perma gloss, (Sealed and new ) white sanding blocks . files, a soak off bowl, nsi glitter Pots, all which were not included in my Real Nsi Attraction training kit ,
Oh
and I tried to buy a trainer hand on salon geek but no one got back in touch with me , (it may have been my own fault as I'm still naff at computers )
so I looked on eBay and found one there.

I have only just managed to access my log in password so that I can now shop with NSI online ,
I phoned Nsi after I received their new flyer just the other day and informed them I had been having difficulty's since February trying to shop online ,
she said a lot of people had experienced this,
then she kindly took me through it step by step just a couple of days ago,
I can now shop online ,

You see Vetty I am new to all this and I have never had to buy Attraction nail liquid before as there is plenty in my kit .
I am now running low , and my model Lola is being neglected (Lola is my trainer hand ) I don't do anyone else's nails as yet,
I just practice on myself or a couple of friends for free ,
I don't know if I will ever charge, or keep it as a hobby
I still have along way to go yet and I would like to train with creative eventually .
anyway who rattled your Cage today ?
I think that you were just itching for someone to say they had bought chemicals through the post so you could launch into your own personal rant,
Well you know what Vetty ,do try to get your facts straight before you launch into attack mode.
I think you owe me an apology .
Just because you feel so strongly does not give you the right to be nasty .
I would not usually justify myself to people who jump to conclusions but as you have been ranting all over the chat room forum I felt I had to explain this post,
Not for you but for others who are reading it in a lighter hearted way than you .

(quote by vetty again )

If you buy counterfeit or stolen goods that's your risk, and btw how do you know what you're getting when you buy? If it's a handbag, kids clothes, a lamp or some abrasives the risk is small and you're not hurting anyone other than your own pocket. If it's professional enhancement products that you're using on the paying public, then you owe them the professionalism of buying from a recognised distributor. If they come back with service breakdown how do you know it's not your Ebay product at fault?

minky here
As for these comments, there you go making your assumptions. Well you are Wrong Again Vetty,
I am only training I do not have any customers at all yet.
Also you seem to be assuming that the people on eBay are mostly dishonest :eek:,
do you have the statistics to back this up ?
There are lot of decent respectful people on eBay and very Kind human beings too

(quote by Vetty)
Ebay is the biggest outlet for stolen goods so doesn't exactly reduce crime IMO! I use Ebay for all sorts of things but never for professional products. Use it for what is was intented, and leave the authorised distibutors of nail products to do just that.
Sorry this is long, but it's something I feel strongly about.

minky here
Vetty I do see where your coming from but wherever there is big money and big company's there will sadly always be fraud .
And by the way NSI outlets also have to use Human beings to post their chemicals too
Their bottles of monomer also carry risks as they have a tendency to leak as mine did all in my training bag and that had been in transit to the training center .
So does that mean Nsi are putting postmen and carriers at risk too ?
Anyway I feel much better knowing that there is now a smoking ban in place :hug:
regards to all , minky

minky here
Vetty I do see where your coming from but wherever there is big money and big company's there will sadly always be fraud .
And by the way NSI outlets also have to use Human beings to post their chemicals too
Their bottles of monomer also carry risks as they have a tendency to leak as mine did all in my training bag and that had been in transit to the training center .
So does that mean Nsi are putting postmen and carriers at risk too ?
Anyway I feel much better knowing that there is now a smoking ban in place :hug:
regards to all , minky

As I understand it all reputable companies shipping flammable goods use a courier who knows what they are carrying...... I'd be surprised if NSI (as a big, reputable company) post monomer out through the Royal Mail.....

Another thing to think about is if you buy products from abroad without knowing how it's being shipped..... Would you like to be on a plane with falmmable goods in the hold that the pilot know nothing about????

Anyway, like I said it's a subject I feel strongly about and people selling on Ebay are some of the worst offenders. I've bought and sold many things on Ebay, but never professional products - they should remain on professional hands only...... :hug:

I only buy nail art stuff from ebay, rhinestones, mylar, dangles, stickers etc.
My Mum bought me Retention + from ebay when I first started doing nails, she though she was doing me a favour bless her, basically to cut a long story short it was purple water!! lol!!

As far as professional products go, how can anybody buy from ebay, what you are getting is probably fake and a load of dros!

All my nail art stuff has been pretty good, apart from some nail art stripers which were dried up! :eek:

As professionals we must support our companies and suppliers otherwise the conmen win, and we all end up with crap products!:confused:

As I understand it all reputable companies shipping flammable goods use a courier who knows what they are carrying...... I'd be surprised if NSI (as a big, reputable company) post monomer out through the Royal Mail...

minky here
They have indeed sent some monomer to us in the post by Royal Mail .

vetty
Another thing to think about is if you buy products from abroad without knowing how it's being shipped..... Would you like to be on a plane with falmmable goods in the hold that the pilot know nothing about????

minky here
I have neverbought monomer from abroad I am assuming you mean from Hong kong or Japan ? I only buy my monomer from a reputable company ( NSI )distributors Have you ever bought any of these products from abroad ?
However if you wish to know about being on board an airplane with your monomer
go to search and you will see that there has been a very long winded discussion about this already,
a lot of people took the time out to research the answer to your question.

vetty
Anyway, like I said it's a subject I feel strongly about and people selling on Ebay are some of the worst offenders. I've bought and sold many things on Ebay, but never professional products - they should remain on professional hands only...... :hug:

Minky here
Then I would strongly recommend that you don't buy any monomer from abroad or put
any up for sale on eBay, also don't buy any monomer from eBay either,
as It may contain that unprofessional MMA I personally would only use a reputable company like where I buy mine for buying your monomer, I buy mine from NSI Distributors This is a fantastic professional company , Give them try, also I do believe Creative products are fantastic and are very professional too.
I strongly believe that any monomer you may buy must come from a Professional Distribution outlet especially if people are paying for your services
Safety first , regards minky :hug:

Minky here
Then I would strongly recommend that you don't buy any monomer from abroad or put
any up for sale on eBay, also don't buy any monomer from eBay either,
as It may contain that unprofessional MMA I personally would only use a reputable company like where I buy mine for buying your monomer, I buy mine from NSI Distributors This is a fantastic professional company , Give them try, also I do believe Creative products are fantastic and are very professional too.
I strongly believe that your monomer must come from a Professional Distribution outlet especially if people are paying for your services
Safety first , regards minky :hug:

Hiya, I remember the thread about taking products on holiday....... Really useful info. I was thinking more about the websites/Ebay shops that import products without going through official channels.....

And no, I've never bought monomer from abroad (in fact I've only ever bought monomer from Hyperion as a CND user.....). I'm really surprised about NSI, maybe they'd done a deal with the post?! We're in agreement here :hug: :), Ebay certainly has its place but not for pro products.

Hiya, I remember the thread about taking products on holiday....... Really useful info. I was thinking more about the websites/Ebay shops that import products without going through official channels..... I did a post on monomer and planes for holiday, I did the research with different airlines and posted their e-mails on the post, they said it would be ok as long as it was in your main luggage for the hold. There was a lot of geeks for and against it.

And no, I've never bought monomer from abroad (in fact I've only ever bought monomer from Hyperion as a CND user.....). I'm really surprised about NSI, maybe they'd done a deal with the post?! We're in agreement here :hug: :), Ebay certainly has its place but not for pro products.
I purchased from USA the boogie nights box of acrylics off e-bay which had monomer in the box, it was less than half the price of buying from here, I through the monomer out as I could not be sure what was in it, but it eventually cost me a lot more as when it arrived I had to pay £25 extra postage because of the monomer inside it.

I agree with most people on here that for fun nail art stuff gems ect its great but for the rest of professional stuff I am sticking to my supplier, I did buy my nail trainer on e-bay and that was a really good buy.

I replied originally, and I still say I wouldnt buy professional products from ebay....though sadly I do think that given the current situation with hyperion a lot of techs will resort to ebay out of desperation, which even more unfortunately means more money for the people not selling it legit.:hug:

Hi,i've brought loads of stuff off of ebay and sold stuff as well ,ive had a couple of bad purchases a music cd & bio sculpture dvd that were both copied,i also won another bid on a load of nail varnishs didnt recieve them ,the seller told me she she'd posted em ,didnt have proof of posting,refused to give me refund,so i got ebay to look into it,they refunded me and shez now no longer an ebayer member!!!!!.Ive brought some lovely jumpers from there and two lovely coats at bargain prices.
I normally buy my nail art bits from there ,but i didnt think about the dangers of the liquids being transfered in the post and if i buy a gel will it be genuine!!!oh my god!!i was buying my bio sculpture stock off of ther before i went and done my training and now i cant believe when i look back at how much i paid for the gels ,double the price,and to think it might of not been the real mccoy..ouch.

Now I have bought loads of stuff off ebay - my nail desk and chairs, storage cupboards etc. I have also bought nail polishes and I have always received genuine quality items. I have however asked lots of questions before buying.

I don't think I would ever buy liquid and powder or monomer but I would consider buying gels, depends on a) the price and b) what I wanted it for. I have bought gels from geekbay in order to practice my application techniques

What is the difference between buying from ebay and geekbay? As long as you know the products are genuine I personally don't see the problem but understand that everyone is different. I do see your point though Marlise a lot of stuff is way over priced and in fact I noticed a Calgel item yesterday with a bid of £9 with a buy it now of £10, when from Calgel it would only cost a couple of quid. I think in these cases it is someone who doesn't have a clue what they are buying and the seller being greedy and praying on the unknowledgeable.

Agreed 100%.. I too was wondering what the difference between Ebay and Geekbay is? Do the people selling on Geekbay know for sure the buyer is qualified? Im not trying to sound rude just wondered? I honestly havnt had much dealing with Geekbay, but on the otherhand i know alot about Ebay and the trick is to SEARCH!! Of course somethings are going to be overpriced and dodgy.. but its up to the buyer to look further and recognise a Dud buy.. With the introduction of Ebay stores people have stopped searching for bargains, and second hand gear.. then complaining because its so expensive and they thought it was going to be cheaper!!

I have seen UV lights priced at $30 with a postage cost of $120.. Those are the shafters.. but if you open your eyes and search you can find complete bargains.

Hi Everyone

I thought I would contribute to the great eBay scandal that has caused such outrage to everyone!

There is a company on eBay (won't tell you the name as I'll probably get into trouble) that were exhibiting at the last Excel show! I know they were there as I saw their name on the floor plan! Now considering this show was organised by a trade mag or something equally great, I thought they might have stepped in and stopped them as they are from the dreaded eBay, obviously not as I suppose one person's money is as good as the next when these things are being organised.

The same said company was even featured in one of the nail mags as website of the month, encouraging all of us to shop with them!

Now unless you are a seller or a regular shopper with eBay, you won't have realised they are an eBay company and a lot of you may well have bought items from them as they are quite cheap and have a lot of variety etc.

I don't know anything about this company but I was just wondering on a few things.

1. How do we know this person(s) is selling crap just because they sell on eBay?

Let me back up the arguement!

99.9% of sellers (I should imagine) are nail technicians, maybe not very good, maybe very good. What's to say they haven't worked for a nail company and just got addresses of manufacturers and bought products from them? In fairness it's happening a lot of where people want more than their lot, eg I'm mobile but I would give my left arm, (Not the right as I need it!) to have a salon. Whats to say this isn't the same said thing? Manufacturers are not fussy who they sell to as long as they have the money, they have targets to meet as well and probably don't care if the business is run from the bedroom.

2. They might be using eBay by way of making money until the business grows.

What's to say that when they have made enough money, they come up with a new brand that has absolutely no connection with eBay and we all go out and merrily buy it as it's the best thing since slice bread! We just don't know until somebody twigs on.

3. What lay person is really going to do a set of nails as good as us?

I'm a teacher and 50% of the people I teach have bought stuff from eBay or Argos and realise it's harder than it looks. When I demonstate to my students how to do a nail, I make it look dead easy and when you all do nails it looks easily. The controversal bit - sorry if I offend! Now are we really worried if they hurt themselves or whether they hurt us? I reckon it's a 50/50 mix. Another controversal bit - sorry! I don't care if they hurt themselves as they will come to me or you for us to sort it out, (a bit like a dodgy haircut at home) which equals more money in our pockets as they realise it's a skill and not something that can be learned in an evening while watching Ant & Dec! Surely if the silly blighters hurt themselves that just benefits us in a roundabout sort of way? I suspect a lot of people, myself included, are concerned that if they get too good and don't need us anymore, we'll have to find new careers! Just one more thing, should we stop selling scissors in case someone cuts their hair wrong!? This doesn't go on in the hairdressing business why should it be happening in ours?

4. Next time you're in Boots or Superdrug or wherever, take a little time to look at the labels and check the addresses of these companies who sell nail kits in there. You won't believe your eyes when you've done a bit of research!

5. Primark v Prada! Some people are happy shopping in Primark as it suits their budget and lifestyle and some people have a better lifestyle and budget and can afford to shop in Prada, a bit like nails. Loads of people go to these substandard salons and loads go to "proper" salons and some want to do it themselves. Fine if they like the idea of horse hoofs on the ends of their fingers! Just remember, when it all goes wrong, it's us they come crying to.

6. I once worked for a company where the owners knew next to nothing about nails but sold nail products on my say so! They are cracking business people but know now't about nails but yet they are a really successful company in this country and are very well respected.

Q.Would you all buy nail products from me as I've been in nails for 7 years, taught for 5 of them, I'm a NVQ assessor, I've taken exams in all aspects of nails to NVQ and ITEC standard, I've been soley responsible for a whole acrylic line being launched in this country including product testing and sourcing and I've worked for 4 international nail companies, 2 of which were for product development and 2 of them were in teaching positions.

A. Probably not as I my finances would only allow me to grow by starting off selling on eBay.

7. It's worth checking to see who owns the major nail companies, as most of them are business people and not nail technicians, the very few that are nail techncians are usually not very good in my opinion and are certainly not up to my standard. Personally speaking, I would rather buy from another techncian who has experience in using the products rather than a good sales/business person who knows how to design a nice label to stick on a tub of crap. And before you ask, a few of them do and we buy them as they look nice! Just like handbags!

8. So I'm clear in my head. What is a dodgy eBay seller so I know what to avoid! Is it someone who sells acrylic, gel etc or can it be someone who just sells nail files or nail art? I always shop on eBay for nail files, buffers etc as someone sells 50 banana files for £18.00 including delivery and no VAT. Sounds great to me as I'm not VAT registered and the files are brilliant. (Yet again won't say the name just in case!) I'm in a business to save money and make money. They sell me what I want and I mega pleased with what they sell and won't shop anywhere else. Now do I stop shopping with them if they bring out an acrylic, gel or fibreglass line considering how happy I've been with the nail files and buffers or what? Personally, I would probably carry on shopping with them as I've always been more than happy with what they've sold me and I would trust them to carry on selling decent stuff as I'm buying from another nail techncian who offers on line advice. I'm sure if I phoned the MD of most other nail companies and asked them techncial questions they probably wouldn't be able to help me, maybe we should all try it to see where we stand!

Last point to be made. If we're in any doubt why not ask for MSDS before we buy and not just from eBayers from everybody. Don't always think that just because you've spent £40.00 on a powder its any better than a powder that costs £10.00, believe me, I worked for a company who done this, yet again it's all down to labelling and packaging. Lets also encourage the lay people to do the same when they have their nails done so they know what is safe and what's not.

Sorry, one last one thing (honest!) These nail companies that we love and adore so much make a huge amount of profit from us every year, if you don't beleive me, you can check at companies house. Why can't they employ someone stop these repeated offenders selling on eBay, eBid, eAuction etc. The reason why is that the products have been sold and they too have made their money and you know what they say, "Even bad money is good!"

I hope none of this is sensored. I'm not having a dig at companies, individuals etc. These are just points that I have not seen made anywhere else. I welcome all comments and will gladly reply to any of them.

NVQ Trainer

Hi
I think this post is fantastic and soon gets down to the nitty gritty of all these
fancy so called extortionate business prices ,
thank you for putting the time and effort in to enlighten us about what can go on in the nail industry .
I was wondering what products you use and other product types that you would use and recommend as top quality products,
but without the high price tags ?
any more tips would be very welcome .
PM me if you would like,
and thank you again for your post , Regards minky

Agreed 100%.. I too was wondering what the difference between Ebay and Geekbay is? Do the people selling on Geekbay know for sure the buyer is qualified? Im not trying to sound rude just wondered? I honestly havnt had much dealing with Geekbay, but on the otherhand i know alot about Ebay and the trick is to SEARCH!! Of course somethings are going to be overpriced and dodgy.. but its up to the buyer to look further and recognise a Dud buy.. With the introduction of Ebay stores people have stopped searching for bargains, and second hand gear.. then complaining because its so expensive and they thought it was going to be cheaper!!

I have seen UV lights priced at $30 with a postage cost of $120.. Those are the shafters.. but if you open your eyes and search you can find complete bargains.

Totally agree hun , glad to see you have your own opinions and stick to them,
there must be so many people on here who are pussy footing around the fact that they too have bought stuff off eBay but wont admit it ,
and all this just because of someone else's opinion .

Well we are all entitled to our own opinions too,
and that is to buy from wherever we want ,
I agree with you have to research your items carefully ,
my training hand was great and that came off eBay ,
although I tried to get one get one from geek bay first,
I buy training stuff and nail art things from eBay for use on my training hand.
I was thinking of buying some monomer when my NSI one runs out but its expensive to use on a training hand so I thought of geek bay
but then I thought ,
If geek bay send monomer through the post who delivers it ?
It wouldn't be royal mail by any chance would it ?
:hug: minky

I would never buy pro products on ebay, like gels, l&p etc, but I have bought some back issues of 'Scratch' and 'Professional Nails' magazines, which were in fantastic condition.
And I also bought a 36 watt UV curing lamp, with spare bulbs, for half the price of the one I had my eye on in one of my product catalogues! So I don't believe ebay to be all bad! :)

I have bought and sold professional products on ebay and never had a problem. I have one or two suppliers that I go regulary, I can trust and get authentic products. Yes you do get the rip offs but it is always buy beware anywhere. In the recent 12 months I have had problems getting certain products from creative or Ellisions and have had to resort to ebay. Some things have been dearer (hotshots) but some cheaper (retention + £20 less!)

We live in a supply and demand world and I see nothing wrong in resorting to ebay when these big companies cannot get their act together with stock supplies.

Just because you have bought from ebay does not make you any less of a professional.

I have bought and sold professional products on ebay and never had a problem. I have one or two suppliers that I go regulary, I can trust and get authentic products. Yes you do get the rip offs but it is always buy beware anywhere. In the recent 12 months I have had problems getting certain products from creative or Ellisions and have had to resort to ebay. Some things have been dearer (hotshots) but some cheaper (retention + £20 less!)

We live in a supply and demand world and I see nothing wrong in resorting to ebay when these big companies cannot get their act together with stock supplies.

Just because you have bought from ebay does not make you any less of a professional.

Hi sophisticutz I strongly agree with this one,

Not only do certain big companys not get their act together they have left customers in the dark and to panic, they must literally be worrying themselves sick :cry:

Also these /this company / company's do not even have the decency to announce what is happening or what has happened , Know one seems to know :|

But hey people out there that may need supplies there may be some left on eBay if you are stuck , This is an option you may want to consider,

Also if it is monomer that anyone wants you could check with eBay first that the delivery of Monomer though ebay is safe for everyone concerned,

Also If you do choose a company that has been set up for a while and has good Reputation and good feedback ,
I am sure the products will be proper and authentic ,as they also must order a huge amount from a professional distribution center,

If these products were not authentic the eBay Company would get strikes and then taken off so they Cannot trade any more and you would be able to claim a refund.

This entirely up to oneself to make their own choice,
after all that is what life is all about , Choices,
and we all have to make them whatever we choose to do,

Well good luck everyone I'm just off to search through eBay now to see if there are any good bargains to be had,
When Ive found what I am searching for I hope I look like Ive been to off
ST Tropez for a couple of weeks I hope , :hug: LOL

Hi sophisticutz I strongly agree with this one,

Not only do certain big companys not get their act together they have left customers in the dark and to panic, they must literally be worrying themselves sick :cry:

Also these /this company / company's do not even have the decency to announce what is happening or what has happened , Know one seems to know :|

But hey people out there that may need supplies there may be some left on eBay if you are stuck , This is an option you may want to consider,

Also if it is monomer that anyone wants you could check with eBay first that the delivery of Monomer though ebay is safe for everyone concerned,

Also If you do choose a company that has been set up for a while and has good Reputation and good feedback ,
I am sure the products will be proper and authentic , if not the Company get strikes and then taken off and Cannot sell any more and you will be refunded ,

This entirely up to oneself to make their own choice,
after all that is what life is all about , Choices,
and we all have to make them whatever we choose to do,

Well good luck everyone I'm just off to search through eBay now to see if there are any good bargains to be had,
When Ive found what I am searching for I hope I look like Ive been to off
ST Tropez for a couple of weeks I hope , :hug: LOL

I don't know about this.
BUT.....people seem to think that saying they trained with some companies is great but when there's a problem they go straight for the jugular.:eek:
Great to know people are all joining together and getting through problems eh?
How on earth can that be good?
Can we give people a break and let things get sorted before things get really silly?
Feel free to ebay shop as much as you like, but WHERE are your supplies coming from?
How have they been stored?
Are they stolen or fake?
Why not just USE DIFFERENT SUPPLIES for the short term until you get sorted?
jmho of course.
Have a great day.

I don't know about this.
BUT.....people seem to think that saying they trained with some companies is great but when there's a problem they go straight for the jugular.:eek:
Great to know people are all joining together and getting through problems eh?
How on earth can that be good?
Can we give people a break and let things get sorted before things get really silly?
Feel free to ebay shop as much as you like, but WHERE are your supplies coming from?
How have they been stored?
Are they stolen or fake?
Why not just USE DIFFERENT SUPPLIES for the short term until you get sorted?
jmho of course.
Have a great day.

Just like yourself I don't know about this.

What problems ? and what needs to be sorted ? :|

I myself use NSi and don't have any problems with them at the moment.

Sorry but I think you have mis read my post somewhere along the way,
some people do not like using nsi which I can thoroughly understand as its a personal choice thing ,

However maybe as a suggestion and personal choice,
if people are finding it a struggle to get
their regular supplies from whatever company that supplies them ,
why not get some supplies from eBay or geekbay?
what is silly about that?
it makes perfect sense until things return back to normal / sorted or whatever,
What is all the fuss about ?

You see there are some very reputable beauty shops on eBay
and this is where I buy some training nails and some nail arty nail stuff as
it comes in very handy whilst I am in training as I don't want to spend a great deal on a trainer hand.

Some of these Nail / Beauty company's on eBay have been there for years.
So you tell me where do you think they get their supplies from?

(Perhaps it needs a bit of research )

In my opinion I would say it must be from professional distribution centers as nobody could possibly be stealing the vast amount of professional goods as suggested , and then selling such a large quantity on without it being noticed :eek:

My point being that the problem here may be that some people are getting pretty upset because they don't like the thought that the professional company's may be guilty of supplying professional products to the eBay Beauty outlets in just the same way they do with the wholesale outlets and to ourselves ,

Does anyone have proof that these big company's are not wholesaling their professional products to eBay outlets ?
and also why shouldn't they ?
is there a law they are breaking ?
or is it against our own professional code of ethics ?

If you have questions and want to know how it is stored?
or if it is fake?
Then you would have to be prepared to do some research

I personally like to buy my little bits of training nik naks from ebay,
and my trainer hand was from there as geek bay were sold out or something,

Also just for the record
I already have plenty of monomer and powders left in my nsi nail training kit bag, just in case anyone else assumes I bought it from eBay.

So like I said earlier it is all about personal choices,

Regards minky ,

It certainly does go against me professional ethics.

I get what you are saying about these ebayers must be buying their products from somewhere.

But my biggest problem with ebayers selling professional nail products is that they have no professional ethics about who they sell them to.

I have on occasion asked one of my clients to buy some monomer from a beauty shop on ebay and she was asked no questions whatsoever about whether she was a nail technician and it came by normal post.

This is what I have most problems with when it comes to ebay.

It certainly does go against me professional ethics.

I get what you are saying about these ebayers must be buying their products from somewhere.

But my biggest problem with ebayers selling professional nail products is that they have no professional ethics about who they sell them to.

I have on occasion asked one of my clients to buy some monomer from a beauty shop on ebay and she was asked no questions whatsoever about whether she was a nail technician and it came by normal post.

This is what I have most problems with when it comes to ebay.

Its not only on Ebay that this goes on.. I visited a local Wholesaler who's staff quite obvioulsy sold to anyone.. It was my first time there.. they didnt know me from buttons.. and i walked out with monomer and the like without so much as showing my certificate or HairCare Australia card!! Not only that i got discount???!!??? Im not and wasnt complaining.. BUT.. I certainly cannot understand why they wouldnt have asked me!

When I was training I purchased most of my IBD products from ebay. I was only using them on myself or my nail trainer. I was really strapped for cash at the time, most of the stuff I bought was used, the monomer was usually three quarters full with the original wholesaler tickets on, stuff people didn't want to use anymore. Most of you will hate me for this, but the ibd jewel files I buy from ebay, imports from America, cost me less than half price I would pay from the wholesaler, that is including shipping. How come even from the wholesaler sites in America IBD stuff is soooooo much cheaper, it just isn't fair. I now only buy my monomer and power and the occasional sundry from the wholesaler; I import what ever I can, a lot of things like backscratchers french pearl tips I import.

:rolleyes:I dont see how buying from ebay is deemed unprofessional

Scenerio, I bought creative products from ebay. They were products i did not want so I sold them on ebay as used products. My products were genuine and not stolen or fake.

I am not an acrylic nail tech but I own a salon and have an acrylic nail tech. i have an account with Ellisions in which I buy creative products. I am not creative trained but do Ellisions care, no. I buy products from (or did) hyperion/creative. I am not creative trained but they were satisfied with my techs certificate and let me open an account and spend money. Did they care, no.

Why is ebay any different?? If people are buying and selling products on geekbay, do you ask to see their certificates first??? Do you ask for proof if they are trained?

There are also plenty of websites that have been listed/recommended on this very site, they allow non-professionals to buy.

I have a realiable distributor that I buy from on ebay, my products come from abroad and I only resort to this when I cannot get the products I need from normal channels. They do me a deal and are often cheaper.

Very easy to get on your high horse when you dont know the facts and how it works.

Latest posts

Back