Very upset with stamping kit!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyes on u

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
my stamp n scraper arrived alongside my stencils. The stencils r from amazon 21 & 25 The monster ones. I also have the special White varnish, all this cost £54! Money that I could have saved however needed a nail art kit! More fool me it dnt stamp on stamper!! Can someone pleasse HELP, so annoyed I Cnt get it to work. Have tried buffing the stamp, n cleaning stencils :-((((((

Send it back?

Well.. shouldnt this be your upset with Monster bundle and not **?

Dont know much about the monster bundle, but i seem to be thinking MB come with a clear seal over the plate. You could check if theres anything there that needs peeling off first. Worth a check until you get some more answers :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with VickyC. Hardly a ** problem if you bought Monster :)

I have some of the Monster plates and have never had a problem with them, as others have said, maybe there is still a protective film on them. You may have already ruined your stamper if you have buffed it as the surface will now not be a smooth as it should be to release the design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is probably an obvious thing but me being blonde and all that... I had some plates for ages in my drawer that I couldn't get to work and six months later I realised there was a very thin plastic coating on them that needed to be peeled off before they worked, I don't have the monster ones so don't know if they have this but thought I'd mention it just in case. :) x

What is the difference between monster and konad?

I have removed the company references as the product was not bought direct!

I have brought the mb set of amazon - mine works fine,it has a blue protective film on each slide.the image stamps on to the stamper fine I'm just useless at stamping having mastered that one yet lol

If they are genuinely not stamping then send them back and ask for a refund but as you have buffed the stamper they will prob not refund.

Iv enever had a problem with bundle monster plates. After removing the protective film You need to wipe over the top with acetone before use. Without this, I couldnt get anything to stamp.
Also make sure you are using official Konad stamper. The cheap version stampers do not work. I have both as I wanted the plastic scraper so the metal konad one didnt scratch my plates. The stamper went into the bin. Totally useless.
xx

Thank u 2 those who have taken the time to actualy help! N advice. Much appreciatted.

I have the konad White polish I find that this doesn't stamp well at all the other colours are fine, do you have another colour you could try?x

Sometime the issue is speed.

The special polishes dry really quickly so slap it on (don't paint the image neatly), scrap if off and stamp as quickly as you can.

LOL when i first got my stamping set i sat there painting the picture, going over the lines so every bit had a bit of polish in, wiped over my stamper and scraper, scraped the excess polish off, pushed my stamper on it... and nothing!!! but now i slap a blob on the image whilst giving it a very quick wiggle, grab the scraper with the other hand and punch the stamper down on it and move it around in a circular motion without letting it move from the image, and hey presto! whoever knew speed would work better than time and patience...

Lol Dolly :)

I have the monster bundles from amazon, but the scraper and paint are konad. I had to remove a film, but mine has always worked really well.

As a previous poster mentioned, it might be the stamper.

Marion - I don't think there is a difference between monster and konad...just two different makes, like OPI and CND polish xx

Hi guys,
I have drove myself mad all day trying to master the art of the stamping n scraping! The design is stamping, however I take 1 step forward 2 back! As I now know it's the scrapin the paint Bk that imn goin wrong with, as I keep smudging the paint everywhere! Therefore the stamp is one big blob! Bit like my brain right now :-/

Thank u 2 those have offered helpful thoughts.

I found holding the scraper at 45 degree angle rather than straight helped a lot :)

Hi guys, A
I have drove myself mad all day trying to master the art of the stamping n scraping! The design is stamping, however I take 1 step forward 2 back! As I now know it's the scrapin the paint Bk that imn goin wrong with, as I keep smudging the paint everywhere! Therefore the stamp is one big blob! Bit like my brain right now :-/

Thank u 2 those have offered helpful thoughts.

As mentioned before hold the scraper at 45 degree angle (logo facing up) and use 1 swift firm motion to scrap.

The only tricky design to scrap are the plain French which must be scraped long way down.

Hi i was having problems as well, then realised I was pushing too hard on the plate with my stamper, so now I load up the design with polish, scrape quickly at a 45o angle( use an old credit card it doesn't scrape the plate) then with a lighter touch press in the design, it works a treat for me.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327655445.451653.jpg

Latest posts

Back