Violence in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is NO military here to even defend us. They are too busy bailing out other nations without our consent to be able to help their own citizens!

Believe us, bottox boy, us in the military would MUCH rather be helping out, unfortunately we have no choice as to where we are sent. You may need to take that up with the PM.
Anyway, if me and my husband get called up to protect London (we're both in the Armed Forces) we'll do our very best to protect and serve.

It makes me so sick what people do for the stupidest reasons, and it's right the death of that man is nothing to do with what is happening now. Its just pure bloody mindlessness. They know they can get away with it and they are going to keep going, as they are so short sighted they can't see that what they are really doing, only the cool Xbox that they now have and the 'fun' they are having getting drunk and smashing things. If they saw it from the point of view of the scared mother/shop keeper/car owner they might change their perspective.

My parents are police officers and are currently trying to stop rioters in wolverhampton city center :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Feel so bad for you chez. Why is it kicking off there now? It's like civil war.

My parents are police officers and are currently trying to stop rioters in wolverhampton city center :(

Oh, Chez.:sad:

People tend to forget that the police are people just like the rest of us and they are doing their very best. They have families and are loved just like the rest of us. A big up to the police who are dealing with all this with tremendous bravery.

If this was any other country it would be sorted by now. Also if they are looting and setting alight buildings as a protest,......... Errrrmmmmm why aren't they breaking into and stealing from bookshops ?? As surely if they are trying to ruin the local area they would do all shops ? Like the waterstone employee said keep the door open and let them steal they might learn something !!!!!

If they can't use pellet guns or force use a staining dye that will get worse as they try to get it off at least you no who has been involved !!!! Keep safe everyone xx

Everyone is following trend and doing it because they think they can. Thank you girls. I've had my nan on the phone worried cuz she can't get through to my dad bless her that's cuz he us doing his job nan lol.

I live in a little village and very rarely see police cars and they are out tonight. I think they have gone from town centers to neighbourhoods in some places.

People tend to forget that the police are people just like the rest of us and they are doing their very best. They have families and are loved just like the rest of us. A big up to the police who are dealing with all this with tremendous bravery.

I agree with this,i wouldnt want any of my family out on them streets they deserve every penny they get and more!!its funny how when something happens abroad all our celebs flash their cash and donate but dont see any looking after their own and donating to businesses trashed by these rats!!if i knew any of them id shop them straight in xx

Sent from my X10i

All our shops closed really early and there are police everywhere the train stations have also been closed we are only a small town. My uncle is in the met police so he's got the pleasure of dealing with these yobs!

The powers that be need to tell the police that they can use as much force as they need to, without having to be accountable if they actually hurt someone.Individual police are terrified they will end up in court themselves.
They all must be thinking of Ian Thomlinson.Yes unreasonable force was used to that man, we all saw it, but the outcome has certainly led to police worried sick that they to may use too much force in the moment and their own lives are destroyed.

Off to bed but would like to add thank you to all those who have family and/or friends out there in any service trying to protect the innocent. Hope they keep safe themselves

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I say if they want to cause havoc, send them on a trip to the front line with the lads out in Afghanistan:lick::D

Could not agree more! Maybe one of them could take my nephew's place in Afghanistan.

I have driven to Essex from Wiltshire tonight as I have my Kim Lawless waxing course tomorrow (YAY!)

When I came out of the other side of the M25 tunnel at the Enfield junction the sky was filled with acrid black smoke from the Sony factory fire. I had no idea the factory was so close to the motorway, but it made me feel so very sad. I feel a bit helpless....dare I say there seems to be a little less going on tonight, or perhaps it's a little less sensationalism....

Hope you are all safe.

I have driven to Essex from Wiltshire tonight as I have my Kim Lawless waxing course tomorrow (YAY!)

When I came out of the other side of the M25 tunnel at the Enfield junction the sky was filled with acrid black smoke from the Sony factory fire. I had no idea the factory was so close to the motorway, but it made me feel so very sad. I feel a bit helpless....dare I say there seems to be a little less going on tonight, or perhaps it's a little less sensationalism....

Hope you are all safe.

It is so disheartening isn't it. I always envisaged the end of the world being a natural disaster but the way things are going it looks like it's going to be self inflicted. It's so sad. Please take care... And of course enjoy being tamed by the waxing queen herself! :)

In one riot area the ONLY SHOP LEFT UNTOUCHED was Waterstones the book shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People in the shops trying on shoes and clothes before running off with their booty.

One guy on the radio complaining that by the time he got there, there was nothing left.

Use the tanks, the water canons and the rubber bullets, if any rioters get injured or killed I have zero sympathy - they shouldn't be there in the first place.

People complaining because a 16 year old girl was battered .. if she was at home where she should have been it wouldn't have happened.

Peace throughout the day whilst good citizens arrived with their brooms -the rioters were probably asleep all day.

Give the police (and teachers) back the power they need to do their jobs effectively.

The protest may have started because someone WITH A GUN was killed by police last week but the rioting is about pure opportunistic greed. And its disgusting that they are taking from ordinary people just like them.

If someone has a gun I support the police to shoot them. No reason for anyone to be walking around with a gun or a knife.

I feel rebellion is bubbling under the surface over many issues in our country and has been for a couple of years but this is not rebellion. Its fun for these bored idiotic low lifes.

I wish the government would find an island somewhere remote in the outer Hebrides and put every single person who has been arrested there and make them break rocks wearing pink prison suits with the arrow design whilst being chained up to each other.

Peace.

Jacqui xx

Well said Jacqui.

I think this is the crux of the matter. If you don't work, how boring would life be? We need to keep ourselves occupied. The devil makes work for idle hands...

Listening to the news reports from Salford and Manchester where I live made my blood boil tonight.

One woman's response was 'what do you expect when there's nothing for the kids to do' and that the rioting was justified because 'a guy was shot for nothing'.

This basically sums up what is wrong with British society. Mindless justification of her childrens' behaviour highlights the fact these 'parents' are fully supporting their thuggery.

I also believe that on the whole the Police are trying to protect society and would only have shot someone as a LAST resort. Therefore I very much doubt this person who was shot had 'done nothing'.

As for children having nothing to do, how on earth does that justify violence and theft? It does NOT in any shape or form.

I couldn't wait to work when I was younger, lying about my age when I was 12 to get a paper round (you had to be 13) then getting my first job at 16 after having the interview on my 16th birthday.

Now is the excuse of 'there's no jobs'. THERE ARE JOBS EVERYWHERE!!!

Search online or get a free jobs newspaper and there are pages and pages of jobs. Yes they may be minimum wage but what do people expect as a first job? 100k salary?

People are CHOOSING not to work, there ARE jobs. The reason for this is a fundamental failure of the Government in the UK which has created, fostered and propagated a culture of work shy people who can choose not to work.

This is a minority of people, however this has been propagated by the ease in which to fudge the system to get benefits.

Successive Governments made done some half hearted attempts to prevent this, but it has been easy for people who choose not to work to stay on benefits. For example, they have to be seen to be looking for work to get job seekers allowance. This could easily be flouted by them turning up for an interview and deliberately performing badly or being late for example meaning they don't get the job.

I'm sure most of the world will be incredulous at the fact these people have their houses paid for, their council tax paid and actually get cash payments ON TOP of all this whilst the majority of the hard working society pay £50 A WEEK (this is the average portion of the total tax taken out of a full time workers pay reserved for benefits).

Therefore, people who work full time pay around £200 a month out of their total tax which goes directly on benefits. How does this make me feel? INCENSED!

I absolutely believe in a society where we support those who cannot work through disability or illness. I DO NOT support one where we pay the way for people who choose not to work.

This violence and thieving is now endemic in our society and may now never be weeded out unless we get tough NOW.

The police need to be allowed to use force to dispel these gangs included water cannon, rubber bullets and tear gas. A show of reasonable force should be a deterrent for those choosing to create disorder, havoc and riot on our streets.

For the first time in my life last night, I felt frightened in my own city. I stood on my balcony in Manchester city centre with a Police helicopter hovering above me and smoke billowing up around the building as the petrol station opposite was looted by a gang of 20 masked youths. All I could think of was a)is it our building on fire? and b) what on earth is going to happen if they set the petrol station alight?

This has to be stopped NOW. We should never have to live in fear in our own homes from rioters again.

Latest posts

Back