Vitamin Tablets - who takes them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
I just bought myself some Iron and Vit C tablets from Boots.... (I'm fainting on my feet most of the time and shaking a fair bit lately).....

.. and I also take Vitamin B6 for a healthy nervous system...

Do people think that they actually make a difference?

I know the Iron tablets I had prescribed from the Dr when Pregnant worked an absolute treat... they really gave me energy... but will the ones I have just picked up be as affective?

What do you take, and do you notice a difference?

I dont take any supplements, I eat alot of fruit and veg so feel I dont really need to! But I do drink a vitamin smoothie, I buy it from Tesco and its full of all things good for you. I have one once a week, as after you are kind of buzzing!!

Hubby takes cod liver oil tablets and multivitamins, but if he goes a week without taking them there is no difference at all!?

I had Iron tablets prescribed from the docs and they made a difference, I had these when I was pregnant.

When ever I have tried them I have never noticed any difference so I suppose that meant that I wasnt lacking in the said vitamin!

Mum has to take some tablet though and would stuggle to get by without them.

give it a go and see what happens.

Personally I think they make a difference. I do notice the difference, in terms of how I feel when I dont take them. I dont think we get all our nutrients from food, so....

My life is really hectic and anything (sensible) to keep me on my feet would be greatly appreciated!:)

I think the body does need a boost from time to time. I take a break for a few weeks before I start another bottle of vitamins.

There is no harm in trying them - I'd go for it. Dont think you have much to loose!:hug:

I
.. and I also take Vitamin B6 for a healthy nervous system...

I have taken B6 since I was 16 and read that Cindy Crawford took it to stop the bloat during her 'TOTM'. I have always thought she was so beautiful and I decided if it was good enough for her.... ahhhh the power of PR hey!!! :idea:

I notice a difference when I miss taking them daily.
Especially when you are busy at work and do not have time to get a good balanced meal inside your tummy.
The best vit they say you can take is the prenatal vit. That and a balaced diet.

When I had my food intolerances tested (OMG not her again, on about her wheat and dairy :lol: ) I paid an extra £10 and had my vitamins and minerals screened to see if I was lacking in anything.

I now take iron (yes it definitely does give me energy) and chromium (which is supposed to help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent cravings)

Ha! Well it's worth a go, isn't it!

(The woman who did the testing said to buy vits etc from health food shops as they were better quality but TBH I get my iron at Tesco. Chromium I can only get at a health food shop.)

i also take a variety of vits and minerals, and can say that some of them didnt make any diff, but once i bought decent ones from health shop (where they advised me exactly what i needed etc) , i did see and feel an improvement in skin/nails/hair and how i felt energy wise, and if i miss taking them then i do feel it, so try them for a while hun, you might be surprised, hubby buys his cod liver oil tabs and glucosamine (sp) at costco or makro, as the big tubs are such good value, most of mine are now prescribed by dr, so they are stronger etc, but i still buy my iron and vits and calcium from H & B or even asda sometimes lol,

xxxxx

I take cod liver oil and oil of evening primrose )I really believe my pmt symptoms have eased due to this - less pain and sore chest.

I also take a multi vit . I do think if you eat healthily you really dont need them but with my erratic eating times - I need to take them.

I too take Evening Primrose and swear that it helps no end around TOTM, I had very bad pain before.
I take a multi vit too.
Sam X

I take a high dose of evening primrose oil. If I forget to take a dose I really notice the difference. I also take a small amount of Lysine which keeps cold sores from happening! I havent had a cold sore for at least a year!!! Yippee.

Julie xx

I take a multivitamin + iron every day and it definitely helps me. I really notice a difference if I stop taking it.

By the way, everyone, did you know that if you drink tea or coffe within a hour either side of taking a vitamin tablet, it actually stops your body absorbing the vitamins. If you take a vitamin tablet with a glass of orange juice, it helps your body absorb the vitamins. It makes a massive difference apparently.

I got that from a man who knows about these things (a bit of a health expert) and just thought I'd share it with you.

I started taking St Johns wart as I get severe PMS/PMT .....but soon stopped when my doctor advised that it can stop my contraceptive pill from working!!! phew.I now take B6 and evening primrose as they both help. xx

I take evening primose oil for my painful boobs, if I don't take them they seem to hurt even more.

Amazing what you tell people you don't know isn't it!!

Teri x:hug:

I will certainly be looking at natural ways and supplements for the menopause when the time comes,now that hrt is again in the news.

I take evening primose oil for my painful boobs, if I don't take them they seem to hurt even more.

Amazing what you tell people you don't know isn't it!!

Having soya milk everyday has helped me a lot with this.Soya is also supposed to be protective against breast cancer and other female cancers which is why it is rare in Japan.

Having soya milk everyday has helped me a lot with this.Soya is also supposed to be protective against breast cancer and other female cancers which is why it is rare in Japan.

I have never tried soya milk, is it possible to describe the taste?? and how much should your daily intake be?? I really do suffer with this!!

My gynea doctor suggested evening primrose!

I have never tried soya milk, is it possible to describe the taste?? and how much should your daily intake be?? I really do suffer with this!!

My gynea doctor suggested evening primrose!

The tastes vary depending on make.I have supermarkets own off the shelf with the longlife milk.I only have it in smoothies and in porridge and readybrek as im not keen on it on its own, i drink maybe half a pint a day.Im sure it works and i read somewhere that women should have it for all sorts of female problems as it is balancing for the hormones.It also lowers cholesterol which is why i started drinking it and my boobs were a bonus.

I take a multivitamin + iron every day and it definitely helps me. I really notice a difference if I stop taking it.

By the way, everyone, did you know that if you drink tea or coffee within a hour either side of taking a vitamin tablet, it actually stops your body absorbing the vitamins. If you take a vitamin tablet with a glass of orange juice, it helps your body absorb the vitamins. It makes a massive difference apparently.

I got that from a man who knows about these things (a bit of a health expert) and just thought I'd share it with you.

Yes indeed you are right about the absorption being inhibited by caffeine.
To absorb vits you need to eat some type of trans fat, whether it be a piece of toast or what ever, Doesn't need to be in great doses of food, but just enough to transfer the vits to your bloodstream for absorption. Otherwise, you are just peeing it right out of your system and wasting money.

:D I learned this from my brother in law to be who is a nurse.

ive just started taking a multivitamin suppliments for my immune system as ive had 4 colds this year:cry: .the lady in boots told me they could improve a cold in as little as 2days.i dont know if it was a coincidence but my cold never really came to very much.im just going to keep taking them anyway they cant make me any worse.

Latest posts

Back