Warts on clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was taught to cover with a plaster too. I used to have warts on my hands as a child and my son had a big one on his knee recently that i treated with wartner, that also took about 3 applications to get rid of it!

I dont know if they are contagious or not but no-one in the family has caught them off my son.

I dont think it would freak me out if someone came to me with warts, i'd just cover them and get on with it without making a big deal of it to the client. I think gloves etc is a little OTT personally. I would be mortified if I went for a set of nails and was treated like a leper! JMO.

They did freak me out but I didn't let the client see this, I didn't make a big deal of it to the client, just to myself :wink2:
They looked like miniature cauliflowers.

Ive had warts lots on my hands and one on my knee i got them when i was about 27, after waiting for a year for them to dissapear i went to docs who said the same= viral infection and would go on there own then a friend told me to take folic acid and in 3 weeks of taking this they had gone, might be worth trying if any one has them ? :hug:

I've already posted on here but thought I'd give another bit of info on the warts again......I've had several clients use a raw potato slice applied to the wart then covered with a band-aide ... changed everyday( make sure it's small and thin) there warts went away in a matter of weeks......

Grandma always said to get rid of warts - rub a piece or raw meat on the wart and bury it in the back yard. The wart will be gone by the time the meat rots.

But judy you did the right thing by providing her a service and a sterile environment to do it in.

Grandma always said to get rid of warts - rub a piece or raw meat on the wart and bury it in the back yard. The wart will be gone by the time the meat rots.

But judy you did the right thing by providing her a service and a sterile environment to do it in.
My youngest daughter's God Mother told me to do this.:eek: .................. Needless to say I didn't do it! She does say some funny things though!

I had two warts on my right hand one on the middle finger and one on the thumb....I had them for years and years with no sign of them going...so I tried an old wives tale treatment and it worked within a week. I used the white milky stuff that comes out of the stalks of dandelions when you pick them...covered the wart in this and let it dry. I did this morning and evening and within a week they had gone, I have since used the same treatment on a verruca and it went too.:) :) Plants are used to make medications so maybe there is something in the dandelion milk that is medicinal. If I get a client with warts I cover them with tape during the treatment.

I had two warts on my right hand one on the middle finger and one on the thumb....I had them for years and years with no sign of them going...so I tried an old wives tale treatment and it worked within a week. I used the white milky stuff that comes out of the stalks of dandelions when you pick them...covered the wart in this and let it dry. I did this morning and evening and within a week they had gone, I have since used the same treatment on a verruca and it went too.:) :) Plants are used to make medications so maybe there is something in the dandelion milk that is medicinal. If I get a client with warts I cover them with tape during the treatment.

I will remember this one Marilyn, it is always good to hear from people who have tried things that have actually worked! A free treatment too, so that can't be bad xx

Thanks for all your advice everyone:hug:

there's a bit in Scratch (October) about using nail polish to get rid of them!

My client has actually used the tip given in Scratch and her warts have gone.....RESULT!:)

Hi

I had a wart on one of my fingers once, i went to the docs and he froze it off. You can by wart freezing kits from the chemist and do it yourself. After it has been frozen the wart drops off - 'DIY wartner'- mmm fun!?

I would never do a treatment on someone with warts coz they are so easy to catch and pass on.

The other trick is to apply a clear nail varnish to the wart 3 times a day and eventually it should drop off but i have never tried this.

xxx

They did freak me out but I didn't let the client see this, I didn't make a big deal of it to the client, just to myself :wink2:
They looked like miniature cauliflowers.

These are seeded warts and ARE contagious. They will clear themselves up as I have had 4 and all have gone on there own. The are very unattractive and I would hate to have one on my hand.

A very good friend of mine had some warts on her hands several years ago...we used to greet each over with hands, tuching each over, etc...like good friends U know...& nothing has happend, i mean i have never caught any of them:)...so i don't think they are tooo dangerous...

...something alike i've read in here :Look_righ Nurses' Corner Warts and All

...so... Warts can be passed
from person to person and can be contagious but chances
of this happening are small, especially if Your immunity sistem is strong enough & U have no damages on Your hands skin...

..& by the way, all the warts on the fingers of my friend had disappeared by themselves without no special treatment...

HTH

I have enhanced clients with warts before with no problems, a nail tech I worked with about 5 years ago told me to advise clients with warts to put clear varnish over the wart, which would stop the air getting to it and it would go, dont know if this ever worked though.

You can also cover them in resin or adhesive, this will suffocate them, or try a bit of banana skin, then cover with a plaster, change daily, they will be gone in a week.

I think gloves etc is a little OTT personally. I would be mortified if I went for a set of nails and was treated like a leper! JMO.

I'm not trying to be funny, but this comment caught my eye.

I use gloves for every single client, I can't even imagine not putting my gloves on before I start anything.

My client's don't feel like lepers, in actual fact, they appreciate me wearing them.

I have also done clients with gloves on where they have warts on their hands. I have explained why and they understand-they don't want to give you their warts anymore than you want to catch them! :D

Latest posts

Back