Waxing pregnant ladies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise jane

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice please. I have a new client who is 7 months pregnant who wants to have a full leg wax. I am new to all this and work form a treatment room at home. I can get around the positioning as i will ask her to lay on her side, i have an electric couch so positioning should be ok. Am i correct in saying that the waxing may be more sensitive due to her condition. As anyone encountered any difficulties with pregnant ladies, and should i be aware of any problems that could arise? :rolleyes:

It is true she may experience a little more sensitivity than usual, but as long as you dont lie her flat on her back its safe to wax pregnant ladies...I had a brazillian wax done at 8.5 months pregnant!!!:eek:

It is true she may experience a little more sensitivity than usual, but as long as you dont lie her flat on her back its safe to wax pregnant ladies...I had a brazillian wax done at 8.5 months pregnant!!!:eek:

thanks sharron, feel a little more at ease, thanks for tip on the lyin in her back. :)

I personally got very itchy legs when pg and am only a few weeks gone now and its happeninf again already. I have just bought some cream wax as it tends to aggrivate me less. Def right about not lying on the back. Its to do with blood pressure or circulation or something!

Many of my pregnant women lay on their backs while waxing their legs. I do raise the bed up just a tad though. Also, if they need to sit up for a moment.. then do so. Other than that, there should be no problems with waxing a pregnant woman.

hi there i have waxed a good few pregnant women and im 4 months just my self, i think it can make you very itchy allthough a cool compress could help this if the itching is that intence.
i think lying on there back can get a bit uncomfortable try a pillow or some thing soft and raise the bed just a little,
its easier also if they stand for the backs of the legs aslong as you dont take to long,:eek: htl

Ladies who are more than 20 weeks pregnant should not be lay flat on their back as this can cause the (by this point, fairly heavy) uterus to put pressure on major arteries running down the back and cut off blood and oxygen supply to the placenta. Some may also suffer light-headedness and breathlessness.

The way to alleviate any problems would be to raise the couch slightly so they are at a slight angle and put a cushion or pillow under one side to slightlt tilt the body and abdomen.

is tea tree creme wax ok to use on pregnant women, being an essential oil in it?

is tea tree creme wax ok to use on pregnant women, being an essential oil in it?
i am trained in aromatherapy and Tea tree oil should be used with caution by pregnant women although i doubt that waxing with a tea tree creme wax would do any harm at all ,it also wouldn't do any harm to use just a different wax.Tea tree is one of the creme waxes i have found people have been sensitive to and as pregnancy can cause more sensitivity i would not use it.Thats just my opinion.

We use a T Tree oil based wax in our salon and I have been there for a few years now, waxed many a pregnant lady and had absolutely no probs with reactions whatsoever.

The only real significant thing that I have noticed is their hair growth changes due to pregnancy, hormones.My usually, really hairy ladies will come in for their appointments and can quite often not have anywhere near as much hair as they would have normally, had they not been expecting.

My clients dont seem to be particularly bothered about any extra sensitivity during waxing,some have briefly mentioned it but it cant be that bad or I guess they wouldn't keep coming back.

Positioning them for their waxing is down to what's the most comfortable for them.I have had ladies who are comfortable on their backs, but some arent.

I would never do someones legs with them standing up.This would be torture for my own back, crouching down trying to wax them.

When I do legs I have them firstly on their back,do as much as you can going right down the sides. Then they turn away from me so I can do the backs, then turn onto the other side.This gets the backs of my clients legs done nice and easy.HTH:)

Latest posts

Back