Waxing problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minipig007

Reaction score
evening all,

Just had a problem with a client and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions as to a solution. Clients first leg wax, everyday trousers wearer, fair hair with some dark but quite strong, quite a few light thread veins to avoid as well.
Using PhD honey wax, applied in very thin layer evenly with hair growth, removed against hair growth with skin support. Wax was at right temperature, strip removed by pulling the pellon nice and close to the leg, so not pulled upwards and bruised.... but try as i might i could not get about 20% of the hairs out. The darker hairs weren't a problem, but the clear hairs would not budge. I swapped from the honey wax to the tea tree wax, which was a little better but still wouldn't remove these hairs...

Has anyone else had this problem, any suggestions? It's been a long time since i've done a leg wax, so i tried to follow my training to the letter. I'm flumoxed. :irked:

thanks for your help!! :hug:

I also find some people have blond hairs mixed with dark hairs I can find very coarse and they take two goes to remove.

I can also sometimes still feel but not see unless you look really closely some medium length coarse blond hairs as you have described so will be interested to see how this thread develops. I even find this on my own legs but put mine down to not waxing as regularly as I should.

I'm using Perorn Rigot Monoi strip wax.

Did you give the strips a nice firm rub?

Were these hairs shorter than the darker ones? We these is a specific area or all over?

I know what you mean Katrina and I've found that if a really hard rub on the strip doesn't get them out, cleanse that area again and re-apply the wax. Waxing can be a strange things sometimes as there isn't always any real reason for something to happen. xxx

could it be the shorter hairs that are still in anagen stage that are not being removed because they are too short? is it the first wax for a while? if so it may take a few waxes to get all the hair at the right stage for sucessful removal.

Hi everyone and thanks so much for your replies.

It was my clients first leg wax, and i was pressing as hard as I could but to be honest it was after a long day and probably could have given it a little more gusto. Cheers Kim, i'll try the cleanse and reapply next time, hopefully it will be better next time around. The blonde hairs were shorter, but not what i would class as too short.

We'll see how she goes next time around as she rebooked after loving her bikini and underarm wax. another convert to hot wax! lol!

i worked abroad where the ladies had very corse hair i found hot wax works a treat..

Yes i know.Those very short,coarse very blond hairs are something of an enigma to me and i have come across them very few times in my waxing life.
They dont seem to grow long enough ever to get them out and even though the legs look smooth they do not feel it and when you look closely you can see these tiny non pigmented hairs.
I should imagine it is hair stage growth and providing you can get the client to keep coming back despite this growth and to not do anything herself in between it may all catch up with itself.

Latest posts

Back