Waxing times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trip

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering how long it should take to do a full body wax, consisting of a full leg, standerd bikini, full arms, under arms, back and stomach/chest. I struggle to do all this in 2 hours, but my boss thinks it should only take an hour.

I know I am not the fastest waxer in the world, but I am starting to feel a bit incompetant and she is saying she may get someone else in to do the waxing :cry:
Does anyone have any tips on how I can speed up but still get perfect results.

Have had full body waxing on several occassions I'd say 2 hours was about right for what you have discribed. I also have Intermate waxing at same time which can be 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Obviously there are people who can do it quicker i guess but I think you are about right. 1 hour seems a little optimistic to me besides if i was one of your clients I would prefer you to take resonable time over my treatment I'd hate to feel as thou you were rushing.

Are we talking waxing a man or woman......big difference?

One hour is ridiculous either way. xxx

Obviously you're boss doesn't do waxing.

My times are about average and i'd probably take 45 - 60 mins on full leg, bikini and underarm, depending on their size and the amount of hair.

2 hours sounds acceptable. If you rush, you're just going to miss something and you're boss won't be happy because the client will complain.

You should ring around a few salons and ask how long they would take to do a full body, then give the answers to your boss. Bet nobody is far different.

Do not let this person knock your confidence xxxx

Your boss is just after the money.
I've been working in the industry for over 20 years, have carried out hundreds of waxing treatments and no way could you do all that in an hour unless the client's a midget.
Let her try and find someone who can do the impossible, she won't have much luck.
Also maybe you should let her read the replies on this site, it might bring her to her senses.

Takes me 1 1/2 hours but i use roll on wax so its fast to apply , your boss shouldnt be dictating times . does she wax? speed will only come with confidence , some of the best therapists i know are not even fast .

All my full body wax male customers tell me that they much prefer an unhurried service. They range from 2½ to 4½ hours.

Perhaps 2 therapists could work on the same customer at the same time? That might get it down to an hour !! :lol::lol:

Jason.

In my opinion, one hour is unrealistic and unfair. Unless you are going to slap it on and whip it off and not care whatsoever about the finished result. (Which is NOT going to be good for the salon's reputation!) I agree, your boss is obviously not a waxer. And I do totally understand that salons need to make money but thinking about the charge for a full body wax and the likely hourly rate of a therapist, your boss should really be prepared to cough up for at least 2 hours wage for this treatment.

thanks guys, the replies have made me more confident that I am doing ok. The salon I work in is ladies only so I don't really have to cut/ shorten any hair before I remove, except occasionly round bikini area. My boss is qualified therapist and does do waxing although I have never witnessed her do it so don't know what her times, quality of work, etc is like.

thanks guys, the replies have made me more confident that I am doing ok. The salon I work in is ladies only so I don't really have to cut/ shorten any hair before I remove, except occasionly round bikini area. My boss is qualified therapist and does do waxing although I have never witnessed her do it so don't know what her times, quality of work, etc is like.

If i was you i would ask her to do the next full body wax and let you observe so she can demonstrate how it is done in 1 hr :lol:

If i was you i would ask her to do the next full body wax and let you observe so she can demonstrate how it is done in 1 hr :lol:

That is excatly what I was going to say, infact can I come and watch as well as I would love to witness all that done in 1 hour!!!
Do you have many full body wax clients?
Emma x:hug:x

Louise you took the words right out of my mouth. I would ask if I could watch someone else do this within an hour. Absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic timings. You are doing fine so don't be put down by someone who is obviously so out of touch with reality! :)

Latest posts

Back