Waxing When Pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
My sister in law is 36 weeks preganant with her first baby and has just been told she has to have a c section next week is she ok to get her legs and bikini line done ? are there any restrictions with waxing expectant mums ?
thanks in advance

I've always been waxed when I'm pregnant and for me the most important appointment is just before the birth.
If someone's going to be examining my 'lady garden' I want it well pruned.:eek:
Just try to ensure she's in a comfortable position when being waxed, I'm currently 31 wks pregnant and can't lie on my back unless I'm well propped up.
Try to wax her a few days before the c section if possible so the skin has time to recover.

I went on my waxing course yesterday and my working partner was 25 wks pregnant, our trainer said that its not a problem.

thanks ever so much for your help x

I bikini waxed my sister the night before she went into labour.
She's never forgiven me for 'starting her off', and blames me for her baby being born bald :green:
LOL

No problem waxing but make sure she doesn't lay flat for longer than 20 mins as it can stop oxygen getting to the baby. In reality though, a pregnant woman would naturally move about to get comfortable anyway. xxx

I've found the same, no problems ever waxing anyone who's been pregnant...I even once had a lady in who was overdue, and so desperate to start her contractions off that she came in for a bikini wax! Think she was hoping to shock herself into labour!!! (Don't know whether it worked though...!)

No problem waxing but make sure she doesn't lay flat for longer than 20 mins as it can stop oxygen getting to the baby. In reality though, a pregnant woman would naturally move about to get comfortable anyway. xxx

Can i just ask...is this a new thing...?? I slept on my back for 9 hours a night when pregnant cos i couldn't sleep any other way.

I know recommendations change all the time so thought i would ask. x

Just what the docs say Angie. Although you slept on your back, you probably wriggled around without realising it. xxx

My sister in law is 36 weeks preganant with her first baby and has just been told she has to have a c section next week is she ok to get her legs and bikini line done ? are there any restrictions with waxing expectant mums ?
thanks in advance

As long as the lady is comfortable, there shouldn't be a problem. I couldnt lie on my back for too long either when heavily pregnant.. but I knew when I had to move before feeling faint.

Just a note though.. I had to have a C-sec with my last baby and had to be completely hair free over the pubic bone which is just below the c-sec line. Maybe she would want this hair removing too while you are doing the bikini?

Latest posts

Back