Waxing your tash lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
I have blonde hair on my upper lip and it's never really bothered me.
Until now.
My husband made a throwaway comment "Awww look at your little blonde tash" a while ago and I've been thinking about waxing ever since.
So today, whilst buying a few bits and pieces at Alan Howard I bought some depilitory wax facial strips.
Just in case it bothers me so much that I feel an extreme need to do something about it.
Ted just saw them and said "God I was only joking, it's hardly noticeable - besides if you start doing that you're gonna look like Magnum":eek:
Are they a bad idea then?

i get mine waxed when Sarah does my eyebrows

it hurts like mad but its well worth it to be fuzz free lol

my ex once commented (when he wasnt my ex that is...lol) abt it so then i got mega paranoid... typical of men!

Jess
xox

I have had my upper lip waxed once.....hurt so bad I thought I would pee myself:eek: ......now if I'm feeling I have a bit of stash .....I use a cream hair remover ...dosn't hurt either

don't do it!!!! I have a blonde tash and it only really notices when the sun catches it wrong, my partner only say's about it when this happens ROTTER:)

Tricky said:
don't do it!!!! I have a blonde tash and it only really notices when the sun catches it wrong, my partner only say's about it when this happens ROTTER:)

its kinda like once you start you have to carry on... so if it doesnt bother you i wouldnt worry hunnio...... i just prefer to get rid of mine then no one can say anything... sorry if thats contradicting of me:rolleyes:

Jess
xox

Hi

I have mine waxed but I have it done professionally. I did it myself once with wax strips and I came out with a horrible red rash all over my top lip! it was awful very itchy and looked terrible, it took about a week to clear up. Be careful :!:

Hope you get it sorted if you feel that bad about it. Mine grow dark by the way not blonde!!! LOL I look like magnum sometimes.

i have blonde downy hair all over my face and have thought about waxing, but a bit scared that if i start then it will be ongoing.....its the wirey hairs that grow out of my chin that worry me...as i cant see them till i look a certain way in the mirror then thing OMG its mega long how many people have noticed them......
i do know when my mum was alive she had a bit of a tash as she was dark and used to bleach it, maybe worth a go

Hi

i wouldnt worry about it especially if it is blonde hair, probably barely noticable, - after all it sounds like nearly every man at some point has commented to their other half about thier 'tash' and they dont actually mean it!! it will be horrible if you have to keep doing it and you get a little stubbly bit grow back?! unless you think its really bad i wouldnt do it personally! and if u do get it done professionally?...

x

Chris2807 said:
Hi

I have mine waxed but I have it done professionally. I did it myself once with wax strips and I came out with a horrible red rash all over my top lip! it was awful very itchy and looked terrible, it took about a week to clear up. Be careful :!:

Hope you get it sorted if you feel that bad about it. Mine grow dark by the way not blonde!!! LOL I look like magnum sometimes.

im beauty trained and have waxed my own in the past and ive also threaded it ( a girl i used to work with taught me how how to thread) but its so much easier for Sarah my beauty therapist to do it then i dotn have to faff abt

I wax my own (I am trained to wax), although for the minimal price it costs I'd go to a salon and get it done if you're not sure.

Tricky said:

Hmmm seems strange that I've had it for 39 years and nobody has ever said anything.
I think he's trying to find fault.
I've been using the sunbed before our holidays and it is slightly more noticeable now.
I may just bin them in protest, or stick them to him whilst he's asleep.:lol:

yeah! stick them to him whilst he's asleep - ha ha! lol x

I have this and my husband calls it my sunshine mustache! (bless him with a kick in the ribs, lol) I have had it waxed a few times and I swear it now comes through sparser! (dont get me wrong, I couldnt plait it or anything before)! If it bothers you, whip it off!:lol:

Preggo Babe said:
yeah! stick them to him whilst he's asleep - ha ha! lol x

second that ....lololol:green:

Omg I have been paranoid to the point of not really going out. I use a cream remover. Its light, very blonde but a comment by one of my kids sent me into a frenzy and then to cap it all off I noticed 6 months ago a couple of wirey hairs under my chin I didn't even know were there. I use a cream remover now there too.

I've been grateful of many topics on here bit I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY I found this one. I thought I was freak :(

I'm blonde to but i still see my 'tash' in the right light, also when i apply my foundation, (and yes my otherhalf told me about it too!) i waxed it once and it hurt too much so i use depilation creme (veet,nair) and the result lasts for ages also it doesn't hurt a bit! only downside is the otherhalf taking the mickey while you walk about with a creme moustache!!! Hth's xxxx

min11 said:
Omg I have been paranoid to the point of not really going out. I use a cream remover. Its light, very blonde but a comment by one of my kids sent me into a frenzy and then to cap it all off I noticed 6 months ago a couple of wirey hairs under my chin I didn't even know were there. I use a cream remover now there too.

I've been grateful of many topics on here bit I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY I found this one. I thought I was freak :(

Min I was sat at a house party about 12 months ago and I thought OMG I've got something stuck to my chin. It was a hair.
I had to get a taxi home pluck it and go back out again.

1999judy said:
I have blonde hair on my upper lip and it's never really bothered me.
Until now.
My husband made a throwaway comment "Awww look at your little blonde tash" a while ago and I've been thinking about waxing ever since.
So today, whilst buying a few bits and pieces at Alan Howard I bought some depilitory wax facial strips.
Just in case it bothers me so much that I feel an extreme need to do something about it.
Ted just saw them and said "God I was only joking, it's hardly noticeable - besides if you start doing that you're gonna look like Magnum":eek:
Are they a bad idea then?
Hi Judy,these home waxing kits are ok-ish however I certainly would not recommend them on any sensitive areas.I.e the face.The upper lip is an extremely sensitive area and I do a lot of these on clients that have been having it done for several years and they still curse ect when they have the section done just under the nose.It's quite fiddly keeping your skin taught,concentarting and pulling the strip off in the correct angle.I would definately suggest that if it's really bothering you enough to want to start waxing this area that you go to a qualified beauty therapist.Good luck in your decision ,HTH xx

1999judy said:
Hmmm seems strange that I've had it for 39 years and nobody has ever said anything.
I've been using the sunbed before our holidays and it is slightly more noticeable now.

lol the sticking them to him thing sounds fab :lol: i could sujest a few places men can be soooooooooooooo rude at times :hug:

1999judy said:
:lol: Judy - don't worry about it - about 7 or 8 years ago when I was nowt but a youngster, I was chatting with some work mates about the dreaded grandma chin hair :eek: my friend who was only in her mid 20s was frantically plucking hers out - the conversation went on to a lady who we knew who had a terrible dark moustache and beard - the poor lady used to shave it off and it looked worse! now I am erm 41 :lol: - the grandma chin hairs are starting to poke their ugly pointy way through my chin - blighters that they are - they don't reign long - now where are those tweezers:lol:

Latest posts

Back