Weekend Break - need suggestions for birthday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlise

Reaction score
Hi fellow Geeks,

I need your help !

It's my birthday on Wednesday and it's become a ritual over the years to always be in Amsterdam for my birthday.

Unfortunately, due to money constraints this year, we can't afford to go to Amsterdam.

I wasn't expecting anything for my birthday, however, my partner has just said I need to think of somewhere I want to go for the weekend in the UK and he'll take me for my birthday.

As this has come quite out of the blue, I have no idea where to go !!

Can any of you recommend somewhere nice to go for the weekend please !!

Anywhere would be OK as long as it's nice :lol:

Marlise

Hi fellow Geeks,

I need your help !

It's my birthday on Wednesday and it's become a ritual over the years to always be in Amsterdam for my birthday.

Unfortunately, due to money constraints this year, we can't afford to go to Amsterdam.

I wasn't expecting anything for my birthday, however, my partner has just said I need to think of somewhere I want to go for the weekend in the UK and he'll take me for my birthday.

As this has come quite out of the blue, I have no idea where to go !!

Can any of you recommend somewhere nice to go for the weekend please !!

Anywhere would be OK as long as it's nice :lol:

Marlise

YORK?

LONDON - SHOW AND HOTEL (PRICE PROB SAME AS AMSTERDAM!):green:

BLACK POOL (CHEESY OR WOT)

WHAT things do you like doing?

Strolling around ? Shopping ? Major Beerfest? Romantic? Adventure?

Tried lastminute.com?

well i love st ives in cornwall, but its a hell of a drive for just a weekend.
how about somewhere in the cotswolds, have a look at boughton -on-the-water, its beautiful.

cotswolds hmmmm lovely

or the peaks (peak district) ashbourne etc....i can recommend some good campsites...er just dont mention my name:green:

What about the Lake District? I don't think that is too far for you too travel, and yet far enough away to feel you are away IYKWIM!!

Me, camping, you must be joking :lol: :lol: I AM A LADY YOU KNOW ....

I was thinking about York, but have been there so many times, that I think it's time for a change !

London doesn't do it for me.

Cotswolds is beautiful. There is the most AMAZING hotel in Lower Slaughter which I so want to stay in, but at £450 per room and up, it's out of my range.... but worth having a look around....

Let see what I like..... I like outdoors, nice and easy, especially if this weather keeps up. Having a couple of shops close by wouldn't hurt (wink, wink), love architecture and oldy worldy English places.

Fancy exploring somewhere, where I haven't been before but just can't think of anything.

Well as I live right by Ashbourne and the Peak District I can ditto that suggestion as it is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.

I dont know how far you want to go but Edinburgh is fabulous too! :hug:

Stratford On Avon has just about everything - river (for walking next to), shops, architecture, history........ Would be great for a weekend away!

have you been to warwick?
the hilton does a good weekend rate usually.

i would recommened both bath or york....love those cities......

Me, camping, you must be joking :lol: :lol: I AM A LADY YOU KNOW ....

I was thinking about York, but have been there so many times, that I think it's time for a change !

London doesn't do it for me.

Cotswolds is beautiful. There is the most AMAZING hotel in Lower Slaughter which I so want to stay in, but at £450 per room and up, it's out of my range.... but worth having a look around....

Let see what I like..... I like outdoors, nice and easy, especially if this weather keeps up. Having a couple of shops close by wouldn't hurt (wink, wink), love architecture and oldy worldy English places.

Fancy exploring somewhere, where I haven't been before but just can't think of anything.

Malton / pickering in North Yorkshire are both beautifull and have shops :wink2: they are very close to Flamingoland and Scarborough if you wanted a bit of entertainment,hth's

Fosse Manor, Stow-on-the-Wold ... a beautiful and reasonably priced hotel, within easy reach by car of Bourton-on-the-Water, the Slaugthers, Moreton-on-Marsh, etc. Lots of lovely pubs and restaurants nearby. Cream teas very popular too ... yummy!

Stayed there last year and can definitely recommend it.

Luxury Country Hotel, Stow on the Wold Hotel, Cotswolds Hotel & Country Hotel for Weddings in the Cotswolds, UK

That looks a lovely hotel,and gets the thumbs up from me....even though i could not see a page for the Spa,which is always the first thing i look at,as well as the hotel bathrooms:green:

It looks so english:)

hey hun,

Have you ever been to Kendal in Cumbria or Lancaster both are very quaint and have amazing old building also all the surrounding areas such as the lake district can be visited very easy... there are also some haunted castles you can stay in in this area if you want a real giggle.... there is also a south lakeland zoo in dalton in furness that is great one of my fav places when i lived there.. it is privatly owned and all the animals are rescued from disaster areas....H x

I love Bath, plenty to do there and some beautiful hotels and B&B's to take you pic from! Also Stilton is fab, stay in the pub there (cant remember the name...sorry!) Silverstone race track isnt far, you could do one of days out thingies, like race a Ferrari?? If thats you bag! I love it! Other than that, Wales is gorgeous, S.W.Wales, Tenby, St.Davids are 2 stunning places to go?

Or you ould do a short break over to Guernsey, its where Im from originally, its just like heaven, everything about it is so relaxing!

xxxxxx:hug:

Crieff Hydro Hotel (near Perth in Scotland) has some great deals on in June. It has a leisure club and a lovely Victorian Spa downstairs. Their beauty treatments are reasonable too if you're looking to get a bit of pampering in.
Perth is about 20 mins away and has some lovely shops if you're into retail therapy, and it would make a lovely drive north to get there.
A bit more Upmarket is the Fairmont St Andrews Bay hotel (in St Andrews, of course). The rooms are gorgeous.
Have a lovely time wherever you go:hug:

Thank you all for you tips on places to go :hug:

We've decided to go to Bath and visit the Bath Thermae Bath Spa and then have a very nice slap up meal somewhere in the evening.

Amber,

Nothing wrong with camping, it simply doesn't agree with me :lol:

Thanks again :hug:

Marlise

Latest posts

Back