What accent do you like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love accents ... particularly scottish and irish (not northern irish though, sorry!) also love liverpudlians
italian, spanish and for some reason new york accent, lol
not keen on my own north london accent - although have been told its estuary (lived in southend for a while) and now living in north west essex and hope i dont pick up that particular "twang" although can sometimes hear it when my daughter speaks
also not too keen on french accent .. my dad is french and his accent was particularly pronounced when he was angry or telling us off, lol .. my school friends used to swoon over his accent, lol

"nuffing rong wif saaf-end accen' init" :lol::lol:

I love New York Accent and Irish. I love watching CSI: NY some yummy guys on there with their accents

I may be a bit biased, but I love a posh Glasgow accent. You know, it doesn't have to be a posh accent, just well spoken. When I hear that on tv I instantly turn to see who it is and if a male he becomes more attractive. :green: On the flip side I absolutely hate the rough Glasgow accents. I actually find it difficult understand a lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Just like Neil Oliver on Coast

Welsh accent, makes me miss my Nana and Gramps sooo sooo much, always made me giggle when he used to call her "Mun" and of course the London accent, as that's where I am from originally, I live in Clacton on Sea now and although there are lots of Londoners here there is that slight Suffolk/Essex border twang. My friend has a slight accent and she is from Mann'tree (Manningtree) which is near Colchester (for those that aren't in the know).

I love accents too, I love also hearing the expressions from different areas, for example people from USA some times say "Where are my keys at?" where as in Cornwall its "where are my keys too?" I find men with accents realy sexy especial if they sound a bit rough lol x

chocolatepickle - you got the estuary accent down to a tee, lol

I love the Irish, Scottish, Geordie, deep south american, midwestern and philadelphia accents.

Scandanavian people speaking English sound adorable

Northeastern USA accents usually I hate and New Yorkers not too far behind.

Soft County Durham used to do it for me! hahaha

Oh and I don't mind my own (Scouse) as long as it's not too broad. Hate all the ay, ay, ay lad type of scouse accents - horrible!

Oh and my son's accent when we used to live in Staffordshire, dunno how he managed to sound like Little Lord Fauntelroy for so long with Scouse parents and us living not too far from Brum... ;)

i have a strange accent.. part australian part english!
i lived in australia for 20 years and have only been living back in the uk for 3 so i have picked up a bit of a english accent.
it is weird cause i go in and out of the 2 accents..
my australian accent is worse somedays especially if i have been watching neighbours, or first thing in the morning.
i think it is funny when i talk on the phone no one can really under stand me especially if i have to give my name which is Lauren. the other day a lady thought my name was lion! haha
:green:

I love some Irish accents. The Ian Paisley accent does my head in, it's just so harsh but the soft southen Irish lilt is beautiful.
Also northen accents, Paul's accent is very muted now, he's lived away from Grimsby for far to long, but put him on the phone to his brother for five minutes and it all comes flooding back.
I'm a southener, put me and my bro toether and the Ramsgate comes flooding back. Paul can't understand a word we say:lol: But like Ann with the welsh, Kentish accents allways make me think of home.

I just lova-di-Italiano! :green:

i have a strange accent.. part australian part english!
i lived in australia for 20 years and have only been living back in the uk for 3 so i have picked up a bit of a english accent.
it is weird cause i go in and out of the 2 accents..
my australian accent is worse somedays especially if i have been watching neighbours, or first thing in the morning.
i think it is funny when i talk on the phone no one can really under stand me especially if i have to give my name which is Lauren. the other day a lady thought my name was lion! haha
:green:

I have the same problem, my accent is a mangled mess of English and North American and so where ever I am people think im from somewhere else.

I have the same problem, my accent is a mangled mess of English and North American and so where ever I am people think im from somewhere else.

Yeah I have had people guess all sorts of different countries.. Most people ask if in south African or American!

I am an East End Cockney, but I have been known to change it slightly when the mood takes me. A Cockney accent is not to be confused with an Essex accent.........nothing wrong with either as they're just accents.

I love Taggart accent. I often put the re-runs on in the background. Is that Glasgow?

Dont mind a soft scottish accent, manc, scouse, welsh and irish accents. I HATE my accent tho, northeast england - yuk

Yorkshire! My hubby is a Yorkshire boy........Ooooh

Dont mind a soft scottish accent, manc, scouse, welsh and irish accents. I HATE my accent tho, northeast england - yuk

I'm with you on that one G.....I hate our accent up here :irked:

I love far too many to mention, but my absolute favourite will always be the Yorkshire accent my mum's side of the family have (they're from Skipton, with a few now living in Sheffield) - but then I love the attitude up there, as everyone seems friendlier too! I quite often get a yearning to go back up there (although this is always worse around sales times - Meadowhall, anyone? Lol!) and my slipping into a Yorkshire-ish accent (which I do quite a bit anyway) sticks completely the whole time I'm there!

Also, one of my best friends is originally from Norwich and - having lived away from there for years - she fully appreciates that some of their pronounciation is hilarious to us (computer, chips, shopping and B&Q all being prime examples), so we all slip into that accent when we see her. I just LOVE it - it appeals in the same way a Bristolian accent does. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back