What are all you thoughts on....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tink19

Reaction score
What are all your thoughts on tattoos?

Do you love them?

Hate them?

or have you got any?

They're not for me, no. I dont have any tattoos, and dont want one either (which is just as well, I dont even like being waxed, let alone have a tattoo done lol)........ sure there's plenty of geeks who love them though!

I have 3 and don't regret any of them but I don't think I would have any more.

My first was a Chinese symbol of spirit/soul, it was when I was 17 and being a bit of a rebel.
My second was a panda and my third was designed by my friend and is on my foot of swirly leaves and 2 butterflies, a blue one for my youngest and a pink one for my eldest, these are their favourite colours.

Personally i don't like them ive seen so many awful ones.Although i have a new respect and fascination for them and can now see more why people want them from watching miami ink.Those people are true artists..... incredible and it just goes to show like anything else there are tatooists and tattoo 'artists' which are on an entirely different level ,so if i did want one i know who id seek out.

Wouldn't say i loved them but I have one :wink2:

I absolutely love tattoo's. I only have the one at the minute (a couple of flowers and a butterfly on my ankle) but I plan on having a good few more.
I had mine done earlier this year after a lot of thinking and planning (and worrying about the pain) but I'm glad I got it done at this age and not any younger, I would have hated having something on my body that I couldn't stand looking at.

If I'm honest, I don't much like them and would never have one. Occasionally, I see someone with a delicate little thing and it's not too bad, but I really can't stand 'Big stuff' all over the place. To me, it seems like deliberate disfigurement!

Lol well I have 10, and I love them!!:green:
I call them my memories in ink!!

The biggest one I have is on my back and it took 14 hours all in all its amazing and I love it!! I have tattoos on my inner wrist, up my inner arm, behind my ear, on my hip, almost full back, lower back, upper arm, and 3 on my upper arm going onto my shoulder....start of a 1/4 sleeve.....I love them all!!

Attachments

• 19102007262.jpg
    19102007262.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 109
Well, being a massive fan of all art forms I see the body as just another canvas for art. I love tattoos and always have done. I wanted one ever since I could remember but didn't take the plunge until I was in my 30's though I went to a tattooist for one on more han one occasion.

I have six tattoos in total and not opposed to more but I would't go mad so to speak. The ones I have:
  • Large tribal dragon inbetween shoulder blades
  • Tribal in small of back
  • Butterfly on right ankle
  • Butterfly tribal left shoulder
  • Name written in an anciant Indian language (Telugu) on underside of left wrist (and no it isn't a blokes name wouldn't be that stupid :eek:)
  • Finally a tribal design that wraps around right wrist (Kinda Pink stylee - this is only one I have ever regretted as its such a visual place)
anne xx

I do like them and i have one on each arm but now i am older i do regret having them,
i always wear a cardigan in the salon so my clients cant see them and be put off as they are quite large on my short little arms lol
but if im going out i don't hide them

Hi All,
I appreciate the art work in them, although I would not personally ever have one. I have seem some very beautiful work........but I would rather have that on canvas and hand it on my wall.
But for those who love them, then great...if you do have them and are proud of them then show them off.
The nearest I will ever get to one is my tatooed lip liner.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

I do like them and i have one on each arm but now i am older i do regret having them,
i always wear a cardigan in the salon so my clients cant see them and be put off as they are quite large on my short little arms lol
but if im going out i don't hide them

Very good point about clients seeing them, this is why I mainly regret having the one on my right wrist, though it can be covered up with a watch. Not exactly hygienic though. I had it done before I trained in nails. I wear wristbands at college and would probably do this when working with clients. However like you Louise outside of client situation I am happy to have them showing, in fact I don't even think about them. But I would never wear something that would show more than a couple at a time cos it'd look tacky imho.

Lovely portrait tattoo Toni Lee lots of detail.

anne xx

Very good point about clients seeing them, this is why I mainly regret having the one on my right wrist, though it can be covered up with a watch. Not exactly hygienic though. I had it done before I trained in nails. I wear wristbands at college and would probably do this when working with clients. However like you Louise outside of client situation I am happy to have them showing, in fact I don't even think about them. But I would never wear something that would show more than a couple at a time cos it'd look tacky imho.

Lovely portrait tattoo Toni Lee lots of detail.

anne xx

Thanks Anne, personally I dont cover mine up for clients and to date one person made a comment about them (she called me a goth and said she bet I never got a boyfriend :lol:) I wasnt bothered I thought she was really rude!!
I wont cover up for clients or trainees, personally I think its time we all stopped getting het up about such things, The hair and beauty industry is diverse and about self expression!! I think its hight time the boundaries were broken in the industry, we spend our life trying to be politically correct, race, gender etc so what if we have tattoos does it make any difference to us as a therapist??

Do people still think that way about tattoo's, I mean to be put off having a treatment done by someone because they have tattoo's? It wouldn't bother me in the slightest having a treatment done or anything being done by someone with tattoo's but then is that because I like tattoo's?
I only ask because the inside of my wrists are/were going to be the next place I got tattooed lol, I wouldn't want people not coming to me because of them?

Do people still think that way about tattoo's, I mean to be put off having a treatment done by someone because they have tattoo's? It wouldn't bother me in the slightest having a treatment done or anything being done by someone with tattoo's but then is that because I like tattoo's?
I only ask because the inside of my wrists are/were going to be the next place I got tattooed lol, I wouldn't want people not coming to me because of them?

Well Jessie I think exactly the same, its never been a problem for me 2 of my tattoos are always visiable and I have a nose and lip piercing, its certainly not help me back or stop clients coming to me......

Thanks Anne, personally I dont cover mine up for clients and to date one person made a comment about them (she called me a goth and said she bet I never got a boyfriend :lol:) I wasnt bothered I thought she was really rude!!
I wont cover up for clients or trainees, personally I think its time we all stopped getting het up about such things, The hair and beauty industry is diverse and about self expression!! I think its hight time the boundaries were broken in the industry, we spend our life trying to be politically correct, race, gender etc so what if we have tattoos does it make any difference to us as a therapist??

I agree with your views as well, I think attitudes are changing for the better. I cover up the tattoos cos its college policy, I wouldn't be allowed in the lesson otherwise, so I got no choice really. I was bothered about it at first especially as the tutor said well you wouldn't be able to work for steiner, she said in front of the whole class. lol I'm 38 I wouldn't want to, I just looked at her as if to say like I give a ****. Tattoos are just another form of expression. What really annoys me is I have had a lot of comments over the years like oooohhh you don't look like the sort of person who would have tattoos. Well, what does that person look like :confused: its such a stupid comment.

I think if I was to work in a salon for a boss I would do what they asked me gladly, cover up tattoo if thats their choice. However, my own salon (one day :)) they'll be on show and proud to be as well.

anne xx

I dont have them , but only cause I have never decided what i want . I dont mind them, my daughter has 4 , everyone to there own i say.

I agree with your views as well, I think attitudes are changing for the better. I cover up the tattoos cos its college policy, I wouldn't be allowed in the lesson otherwise, so I got no choice really. I was bothered about it at first especially as the tutor said well you wouldn't be able to work for steiner, she said in front of the whole class. lol I'm 38 I wouldn't want to, I just looked at her as if to say like I give a ****. Tattoos are just another form of expression. What really annoys me is I have had a lot of comments over the years like oooohhh you don't look like the sort of person who would have tattoos. Well, what does that person look like :confused: its such a stupid comment.

I think if I was to work in a salon for a boss I would do what they asked me gladly, cover up tattoo if thats their choice. However, my own salon (one day :)) they'll be on show and proud to be as well.

anne xx

Its ridiculous really isnt it? When I was at college they asked me to cover up my tattoo because it was their policy and I kicked up a huge fuss about being discriminated about!!! :lol: They let it go in the end!! I also kicked off when they asked me to remove my lip piercing for my massage course, first they said it was health and safety, I pointed out the only thing dangerous about piercings in a salon environment was using electrical currents etc (metal and electric and all that!! Lol) they then let that go and said it wasnt nice for the clients so I ranted about discrimination again!! To be honest I think they were totally sick of me arguing!!! :green: I agree I probably sound like an argumentative swine reading all that but honestly.....what right do they have to tell you how you need to look?? :irked:

You did just right arguing your case, cos I'm so laid back I though oh ok then, hehe.

I never even thought of arguing, guess I'm a sheep after all :eek: lol.

anne xx

You did just right arguing your case, cos I'm so laid back I though oh ok then, hehe.

I never even thought of arguing, guess I'm a sheep after all :eek: lol.

anne xx

I am just a centankerous madam!!:green:

Latest posts

Back