What are all you thoughts on....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you blog about your areolae tatoos Ruth, the results I mean? I had been wondering how you got on. As for the article about your friend, thats shocking, especially considering the circumstances of what they were printing! :hug:

Aye, I did a blog post earlier this evening - http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/ruth+mills/9487-back-areola-tattooing-course.html - with pics too :)

Well Sonia and I were both really shocked when we heard about that article too! Can't remember what happened in the end, but I know they made an official complaint to the magazine. How stupid, as her tattoos look amazing! I guess they didn't fit in with the "girl next door" image they were going for or whatever? Magazines can put a strange spin on things - Sonia and I know that, as we were in Reveal last year too...

I have a horse on a rose with Monty written underneath on my left breast which I love love love cos Monty was my baby (horse and frankly was never a baby when I had him but you get my meaning) and I will get another, when I decide where to have it, of a badger cos Badger was the name of my other horse who died so I would have the animal not the name cos I like the look of badgers too (although I wouldn't want to meet one down a dark alley on a dark night, though in all fairness I think one is more likely to meet a rapist/murderer down a dark alley on a dark night) but I do regret having Monty as it means I am allergic to eyelash and brow tint and most hair dyes too which is a pain in the bottom as I am very fair so need to wear mucho mascara to avoid looking like I have basically no eyelashes although being fair has meant my lastest brow fiasco is less noticable! Lol Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a horse on a rose with Monty written underneath on my left breast which I love love love cos Monty was my baby (horse and frankly was never a baby when I had him but you get my meaning) and I will get another, when I decide where to have it, of a badger cos Badger was the name of my other horse who died so I would have the animal not the name cos I like the look of badgers too (although I wouldn't want to meet one down a dark alley on a dark night, though in all fairness I think one is more likely to meet a rapist/murderer down a dark alley on a dark night) but I do regret having Monty as it means I am allergic to eyelash and brow tint and most hair dyes too which is a pain in the bottom as I am very fair so need to wear mucho mascara to avoid looking like I have basically no eyelashes although being fair has meant my lastest brow fiasco is less noticable! Lol Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch, that sounds bad about being allergic to lash and brow tint, and most hair dyes, on account of that tattoo! That would almost suggest that the tattoo ink could have contained chemicals such as the black dye para-phenylenediamine (PPD) - which I would be very shocked about, as it's a known allergen and skin sensitizer, and people have even become sensitized to it after having "black henna" temporary tattoos done by unscrupulous artists that use PPD instead of proper henna... but surely it would be even worse to have it in a tattoo ink that is injected into the skin? I'd have thought that it would be better to use something like carbon black, or an inorganic black pigment...

Well if people are gonna judge people by their looks then I guess I'm royally ******! This is me in a nutshell:

I have red hair
I have tattoos
I have a facial disfigurement
I am very overweight

so sod the fact that I have a post graduate degree, I am a professional person (teacher), I was well brought up, I speak eloquently though with a strong yorkshire accent.

By no definition would I class myself as being common because I have tattoos. Its an expression of art.

I thought in this day and age people were not judged as much by their appearance, more on the quality of their character. But hey maybe I'm naive.

anne xx

Last edited:
I have no idea what the black was made of but I used to have my lashes tinted when I was a teenager and I did a patch test not too long ago and was stonkingly itchy and swollen for 5 days after! Was a nightmare and I really want to be tinted dammit! Still better my arms than my eyes! Lol Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I have no idea what the black was made of but I used to have my lashes tinted when I was a teenager and I did a patch test not too long ago and was stonkingly itchy and swollen for 5 days after! Was a nightmare and I really want to be tinted dammit! Still better my arms than my eyes! Lol Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch - that would suggest PPD sensitivity then (I think most eyelash tints will contain PPD or a similar chemical) - whether from the tattoo or something else... although I would be very surprised to find PPD in tattoo ink!!!

Well if people are gonna judge people by their looks then I guess I'm royally ******! This is me in a nutshell:

I have red hair
I have tattoos
I have a facial disfigurement
I am very overweight

so sod the fact that I have a post graduate degree, I am a professional person (teacer), I was well brought up, I speak eloquently though with a strong yorkshire accent.

By no definition would I class myself as being common because I have tattoos. Its an expression of art.

I thought in this day and age people were not judged as much by their appearance, more on the quality of their character. But hey maybe I'm naive.

anne xx

Oh my god Anne were we seperated at birth?!!! LOL ( I am red haired at the moment!!)

Well, i AM common, lol, and i have no tattoos or facial piercings.

i used to have my ear stretched though, you could see right through it, and i had a lip piecing, all be it a small sparkly one you could hardly see. most clients didnt care at all. but my mods were only small ones.

I have bright red hair, clients love it!!

but it is an unwise business owner who happily alienates a proportion of their client base.

as for the above quote... what about the HUGE alternative population that dont feel comfortable going into a 'normal' salon?! you could also say that we are unwise to alienate that proportion of our client base...?

hey, i reckon it depends on the tattoo whether u love or hate them.

i love mine but it means something to me... but i have seen some very horrible, silly tattoos.... that look just awful!!!

I've got loads so I must be common:)
Strange though...the majority of women ask to see them as they think they are artistic and most men find mine extremely sexy...I guess it depends how artistic they are and where they are placed....that's all I'll say on that subject:Grope:

I think this is one of those issues which really polarises people.
I loathe them. Not everyones cup of tea I guess. I think they make the wearer look common, what is your definition of common? but I appreciate that my views could be taken as offensive.
As long as you realise that a certain segment of the market (arguably the most lucrative segment) will be turned off by a tattooed, facially pierced therapist, then fine.

I thinik a segment of the market can be turned off just by the colour of your shop front to be honest, or the location of your salon or the colour of your hair. This, to me, is a very sweeping generalisation.

To make me understand more what you mean by common perhaps you could define it a little for me? I have never really understood the meaning of this word when used in this context. I always took it as meaning popular or frequent.

Tattoo's rock, and so do the people that have them. Common, I think NOT!!!!!

I have four, all in places you cant see. (Tonilee has though ;))
I rarely have anyone say anything about them, there will always be those people who say 'Oh I dont like them' and my favorite 'they dont look right on a girl'
When I was a grease monkey standing covered in oil wearing my overalls with a spanner in my hand I guess that wasnt right for a girl either.
I was once asked to wear a longer top by my boss when occasionally the one on my (then quite slim) belly could be seen, at nearly 6ft tall its often a prob to find clothes long enough.
I have often been asked by men 'that must mean your a lesbian then' (due to being a tattoo'd car mechanic) my answer 'If you mean would I pick a woman over you then yes but thats more a problem with you than me being gay or not' - I probably am common.

With all the crap thats going on in the world at any one time I usually think theres so much better to worry about than if someone has a tattoo or now.

Whether you believe it shocking or not, the fact remains that people will judge!
And I'm one of them. If I were to be treated by a tattooed, pierced therapist I would be thinking "and that's her idea of beauty?"

its true people do judge but ...... i really dont agree with it , basically from what you are saying it sounds as though you wouldnt go to a salon if the therapist wasnt totally stunning looking , etc....
but i have know a hell of a lot of gorgeous people who are as dim as a 2 watt lightbulb and totally useless at their jobs
and a hell of a lot of regular looking people that are fantstic at their jobs :green: (me included :green:)

i would rather go to someone that had tattos and piercings and get a good service than somewhere that has perfect looking people and get crap service !!

oh and no i dont have any tatoos either, but i do have a few piercings and wouldnt take em out (well only for operations etc...)

just my take on it x

its true people do judge but ...... i really dont agree with it , basically from what you are saying it sounds as though you wouldnt go to a salon if the therapist wasnt totally stunning looking , etc....
but i have know a hell of a lot of gorgeous people who are as dim as a 2 watt lightbulb and totally useless at their jobs
and a hell of a lot of regular looking people that are fantstic at their jobs :green: (me included :green:)

i would rather go to someone that had tattos and piercings and get a good service than somewhere that has perfect looking people and get crap service !!

oh and no i dont have any tatoos either, but i do have a few piercings and wouldnt take em out (well only for operations etc...)

just my take on it x

Don't know about you Dee but I have found that the people I meet and know with tattoo's and piercings are usually quite creative people. Has anyone else found this?

I have often been asked by men 'that must mean your a lesbian then' (due to being a tattoo'd car mechanic) my answer 'If you mean would I pick a woman over you then yes but thats more a problem with you than me being gay or not'

Lou I am SCREAMING laughing!!! You are sooooooo funny!!:lol:

Don't know about you Dee but I have found that the people I meet and know with tattoo's and piercings are usually quite creative people. Has anyone else found this?

yep usually anyone i meet that has a tat (and i always ask em about em , lol ) they usually say they designed it themselves or it represents something important to them, which i think is really nice

i have even been known to walk up to a total stranger and ask about their tats , lol but then i am a bit mad me !! :lol:

live and let live i say !! , i would rather be like me than be some stuffy , snob whose face would split if they know how to laff , lol xxx

i would rather be like me than be some stuffy , snob whose face would split if they know how to laff , lol xxx

PMSL :lol:

Latest posts

Back