What are all you thoughts on....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dislike them, every man to his own I suppose.

i wouldnt say i 'love' them but i like them and have two.. one is a chinese symbol which means love and the other is a tribal thing which was designed by the guy that did it...I dont kno whether i'll have more yet-i seem to be a bit more of a wimp these days lol.
xx

I do like them i would may be like to have 1 on top of my foot......but wouldnt want no more than that. I am such a wuss though i pass out at everything that causes pain (other than childbirth of course, lol!!) so probably wont end up getting one
I love love love watching miami ink, LA ink, london ink on the discovery channel.....the artwork is amazing.

I do like them i would may be like to have 1 on top of my foot......but wouldnt want no more than that. I am such a wuss though i pass out at everything that causes pain (other than childbirth of course, lol!!) so probably wont end up getting one
I love love love watching miami ink, LA ink, london ink on the discovery channel.....the artwork is amazing.

I Love these too!!! I have a kate von dee design on my arm!!

Well theres tatoos and theres tatoos...a few looks fine , Ive 3 small ones am still planning on getting a small one on the back of the neck at some point...but my brother inlaw has his own tattoo biz, and hes covered in them so,is my sis inlaw ...yuk! so un femanin.

A friend of ours , hes covered in tattoos where that at the point there up to his face ...yuk.

My husband has quite a few as we get them free, but Ive looked back at old photos of him and said your body looked better without, or when you just had a few.

What Im saying is a fews fine , but when theres loads..yuk its gross espically on women.:confused:

Well theres tatoos and theres tatoos...a few looks fine , Ive 3 small ones am still planning on getting a small one on the back of the neck at some point...but my brother inlaw has his own tattoo biz, and hes covered in them so,is my sis inlaw ...yuk! so un femanin.

A friend of ours , hes covered in tattoos where that at the point there up to his face ...yuk.

My husband has quite a few as we get them free, but Ive looked back at old photos of him and said your body looked better without, or when you just had a few.

What Im saying is a fews fine , but when theres loads..yuk its gross espically on women.:confused:

Hmmmmmm I def wouldnt say I looked un femme :green:

This is a really difficult subject, I have to say they really repulse me and I find them very un feminine. That doesn't mean the wearers repulse me or indeed are un feminine...........its just that I think everybody looks nicer without tattoos.:)

Well I have three and love them all but my armband, no matter how much its delicate and I love it, can be a pain in the rear. I didn't have to cover it up at the Event (I don't think) or in the evening but as I was wearing a meringue for the party I felt it looked really odd so hid under a bolero all night. That can be a problem on nights out with MrMins work doo's too but only here in the UK. In Norway at his work doo's my armband and really quite awful Celtic design on my shoulder were often a talking point :lol:

I'm a jeans a Teeshirt girl though so in the summer I wear them with pride. Wanting another couple still, one down the back of my neck, 5 stars, one each in my kids favourite colours. Then I want a wedding band, very fine, which will be hidden by my rings when needs must.

Do ya still like me Adele? :lol:

I don't have any, nor do I want any. That's not to say that I disagree with people having them though. As an artform, I think some of them are incredible. They're just not to my own personal taste, that's all.

Well I have three and love them all but my armband, no matter how much its delicate and I love it, can be a pain in the rear. I didn't have to cover it up at the Event (I don't think) or in the evening but as I was wearing a meringue for the party I felt it looked really odd so hid under a bolero all night. That can be a problem on nights out with MrMins work doo's too but only here in the UK. In Norway at his work doo's my armband and really quite awful Celtic design on my shoulder were often a talking point :lol:

I'm a jeans a Teeshirt girl though so in the summer I wear them with pride. Wanting another couple still, one down the back of my neck, 5 stars, one each in my kids favourite colours. Then I want a wedding band, very fine, which will be hidden by my rings when needs must.

Do ya still like me Adele? :lol:

Yes of course I do, but I may have to keep my eyes shut when we next meet:green:

one person made a comment about them (she called me a goth and said she bet I never got a boyfriend :lol:)

Well the cheeky mare!!! for what its worth, I am a goth and I've got a boyfriend (well, husband, same thing:lol:)

I used to really dislike tattoos but they're really growing on me. I want two, and they are very specific designs based around my bridal bouquet (i'll post pics when they're done). One of them is going to be on my hand, a bit like Cheryl Cole's got.

Re covering them up for the salon, this'll sound hypocrytical but - whilst I detest discrimination on the grounds of appearance, I would cover up tattoos in the salon, and I dont wear extreme piercings there either. As much as I cant stand the fact that people make judgements based on tattoos & piercings etc, the fact is that people do make these judgements, like it or not. Personally I wouldnt want to lose out on business because an ignorant person saw a tattooed pierced goth sat behind the desk, when it boils down to it, an ignornant persons money is as good as anyone elses:lol:.

I think this is one of those issues which really polarises people.
I loathe them. I think they make the wearer look common, but I appreciate that my views could be taken as offensive.
As long as you realise that a certain segment of the market (arguably the most lucrative segment) will be turned off by a tattooed, facially pierced therapist, then fine.

I loathe them. I think they make the wearer look common, but I appreciate that my views could be taken as offensive.
As long as you realise that a certain segment of the market (arguably the most lucrative segment) will be turned off by a tattooed, facially pierced therapist, then fine.

I am offended for what its worth and I'm not sure I agree that the certain segment of the market that 'will' be turned off would be the most lucrative segment. Mind you, as I look common maybe I am common and I dont mind which common person does my nails as long as she does a damn fine job of them!

Fair do's......

However I worked in a busy and popular sucessful salon in Harrogate and was booked out most days....and have just taken on a weeks contract to work for Clothes Show Live as a manicurist......so if I do look offensive and common (I am being flippant here :lol:)its certainly not hindering me in anyway!!

In relation to what Chelle said also (dammit forgot to multiquote!!) whilst I understand peoples views on covering up so potential clients cant judge...Its not something I do or would do....I think its shocking that in this day and age such judgements are made, and in my opinion the only way to break these barriers is to make such things (be it tattoos, piercings or anything different) a part of everyday mainstream society.

Whether you believe it shocking or not, the fact remains that people will judge!
And I'm one of them. If I were to be treated by a tattooed, pierced therapist I would be thinking "and that's her idea of beauty?"
As I said, people will find this view offensive, but it is an unwise business owner who happily alienates a proportion of their client base.

Whether you believe it shocking or not, the fact remains that people will judge!
And I'm one of them. If I were to be treated by a tattooed, pierced therapist I would be thinking "and that's her idea of beauty?"
As I said, people will find this view offensive, but it is an unwise business owner who happily alienates a proportion of their client base.

Good lord next you will be suggesting Beauty Therapists must all be big busted and attractive (at least I would be ok on that front :lol:)

There was a time where poeple also got judged on race as well, thank god we moved on from that hey?
And for the record, I think Angelina Jolie has been voted most beautiful woman tie and time and time again.....oh blow me she is covered in tattoos!!

I for one will not judge, and as I stated earlier sucess of my career is showing, thankfully, that not everyone thinks this way!

I think I will have to agree to dissagree. I have never judged anyone from my hairstylists to nailtechs (or anyone else) for body art or sat and decided what kind of a person they are based on what they have on their skin or elsewhere. I dont like the piercings done higher up the top lip away from the mouth, nor do I like labret piercing but would it put me off going to that person or lead me to make a judgement call on what kind of person they are? Not on your nelly. I'd think that would say more about me than about them.

I have some very good friends with tattoos; one of them was in "Love It" magazine with a story about her being diagnosed with breast cancer days before her wedding; she was disgusted when the magazine "airbrushed out" her tattoos when they published pics of her wedding (she has some prominent star tattoos on her chest) - especially as they are a key part of her identity and body image.

So my view on tattoos is "each to their own" - each individual should own their own body, rather than their employer or the State, so should have the right to express themselves with tattoos should they wish.

In my own case, I'd probably limit any tattoos to places which would not normally be on show; I'm mulling over a nice Celtic tribal design in rainbow colours to go around my belly button, and possibly the Chinese characters for "Ruth" to go on my ankle, but haven't gone as far as having them done yet.

However - as of today - I am no longer a tattoo virgin - although my first tattoo has been a micropigmentation procedure on my areolae and nipples rather than a "traditional" tattoo...

I have some very good friends with tattoos; one of them was in "Love It" magazine with a story about her being diagnosed with breast cancer days before her wedding; she was disgusted when the magazine "airbrushed out" her tattoos when they published pics of her wedding (she has some prominent star tattoos on her chest) - especially as they are a key part of her identity and body image.

So my view on tattoos is "each to their own" - each individual should own their own body, rather than their employer or the State, so should have the right to express themselves with tattoos should they wish.

In my own case, I'd probably limit any tattoos to places which would not normally be on show; I'm mulling over a nice Celtic tribal design in rainbow colours to go around my belly button, and possibly the Chinese characters for "Ruth" to go on my ankle, but haven't gone as far as having them done yet.

However - as of today - I am no longer a tattoo virgin - although my first tattoo has been a micropigmentation procedure on my areolae and nipples rather than a "traditional" tattoo...

Did you blog about your areolae tatoos Ruth, the results I mean? I had been wondering how you got on. As for the article about your friend, thats shocking, especially considering the circumstances of what they were printing! :hug:

Latest posts

Back