What are you giving up for Lent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I went to the solicitor and surrendered my marriage certificate to the divorce court. Having discovered that my husband has been having an affair with one of my so called friends I'm giving up being married.
I have hardly stopped crying all day.

Big shame on him and her and massive shame on the "friends" how immature and thoughtless can you get!!
Let them get on with there stupidity! And when your ex cheats on her just think karma!!
You always have us xxxx

Today I went to the solicitor and surrendered my marriage certificate to the divorce court. Having discovered that my husband has been having an affair with one of my so called friends I'm giving up being married.

Really sorry to read this post this morning. What a disgraceful thing to do, shame on them. It must be an awful time, stay strong and gradually the darkness will turn to light. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way! Xxx

Sending you all my best wishes! Some people have no morals or respect! So sorry to hear this! Nasty b*****ds!!!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Lynne, Would you be ready yet to change your avatar? It's a daily reminder to you of all the pain you're going through! :hug:

Lynne, f*** 'em! They're not worth worrying about. Just get on with work and don't pay any attention to petty childish behaviour. Massive hugs x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lynn, you've got plenty of friends here who will listen when you need a shoulder to cry on. Stay with us, it will help you get your strength as we're sll on your side. These other people aren't worth knowing, they're scum. Give them all up, not just for Lent but forever. Remove the negative, try not to dwell on it (hard I know!). You are the better person.

Look at what you've achieved in life. You are a role model to us, not just with your business but your recent weight loss aswell. Next time I'm down in Newbury we'll have to go for a drink at the Swan, just you and me. Xxxx :hug::hug::hug:

Oh Lynne! I'm so very sorry to hear this. Seriously I am truly, truly sorry.

Mm is right Lynne, it's time to ditch what's dragging you down, make a new start. If he's like that, then his next relationship won't last, so move on and better your life, and you know you are better than him.

Big hugs:hug:

They've all been on holiday together and I have been ostracised from the group entirely.

This, Lynne, this really pisses me off! They all pretended to be your friends while they all participated in his double life? And all the while basically laughing at you behind your back, making you the butt of their jokes with their cryptic little words and phrases that now make sense? Seriously, WTF?!!!!

Jeezuz, Lynne!!! I'd be serving time in prison right now because my partner would be in a morgue and all those b*tches that called themselves my friends would've had their jaws broken! Bunch of trifling b*tches, the lot of them.

You're a class act, Lynne. You always have been. What they've done to you was classless and undignified and certainly not what you deserved. Karma is a b*tch. What comes around goes around, Lynne.

I've never understood why someone would ever think they were so special that a cheater wouldn't cheat on them. Your ex did it to you. Why won't he do it to her?

Sorry I went off on a tangent but I have mad respect for you. He should have left before he cheated. What a cowardly thing to do.

Hang in there, Lynne. We're here for you. PM if you'd like.

I am also gutted for you, Lynne. In a situation like this, there are no sides to take, no winners or losers.
If a relationship breaks down, mistakes are made on both sides. It takes a strong person to speak up and make the decision to end it, it's a shame your husband didn't have the courage to do this. I agree with Gr8nailz. He has behaved like a coward. There is never a need to be unfaithful, it's so hurtful and damaging.
Those people are not your friends so therefore their opinion doesn't count. Please don't waste your time and tears on them. You will no doubt grieve for what you have lost, your marriage, your friend and lover and your future and plans that you had together. Take your time, this wont be a quick fix.

You deserve better that that. We know it, you know it. I hope that you see SG as your safe haven, where you can drop by and join in, feel comfortable amongst the people that do care for you, respect and admire you.

Thank you for the kindness shown to me. The betrayal has been very difficult to come to terms with, made even more difficult by the fact that our group of friends has sided with them. They've all been on holiday together and I have been ostracised from the group entirely. I dare not think what might have been said about me, and I find it supremely unjust that my account has not been sought after.
Forgive me if I'm not as active here as in the past; there are days when I can see no hope and it's all I can do to get out of bed and put my salon face on.

Bless you, Lynne. So very sorry to hear this. Life is a real **** at times. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other for now. Eventually, you'll rediscover the spring in your step. :hug: xx

Thank you for the kindness shown to me. The betrayal has been very difficult to come to terms with, made even more difficult by the fact that our group of friends has sided with them. They've all been on holiday together and I have been ostracised from the group entirely. I dare not think what might have been said about me, and I find it supremely unjust that my account has not been sought after.
Forgive me if I'm not as active here as in the past; there are days when I can see no hope and it's all I can do to get out of bed and put my salon face on.

I'm so sorry to hear this, it makes me mad that people behave so badly to others. You have all the support you need and want even if some of us have never met face to face but just remember we are here for you anytime. I know it's easy for us to say that you will get over this but you will I promise. Just take it hour by hour, day by day and you are allowed to feel angry, sad and want to shut the world away. You have to give yourself time to grieve and recover from such hurt but you are an incredibly strong and talented women and will come through this Lynne x

Steph xxx

I signed the divorce petition today.
:sad:
It has her name and address on it as the co-respondent.
It should be all over within 4 months, apparently. As quickly as that, eh...

Be glad its so quick. You can put closure on it and they can rot. You're too good for him. It's his loss and your gain. You have a whole new life awaiting you and I bet its going to be a good one!

If it was me I would be shoving dog sh*t through her letter box but im a bitter individual :)

xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

There was no infidelity in my situation, Lynne but after 30 years my husband decided that my desire for more individuality, freedom and independence was more than he could bear. He filed for divorce (I believe on a bluff) and we were done start to finish in 30 days. Thirty years over in 30 days.

I survived it and you will, too, even though it doesn't seem like it right now. We're strong women, Lynne. That's how we got to be were we are. Once the heartbreak passes, we get mad as hell. We reach a "F*ck him" moment of clarity and then we carry on. You'll still miss what you were together for sure. It's hard to take those rings off, I know. It's difficult to go from being a couple to being un-coupled. But all those strengths that made you who you are will come shining through once you get past your grief.

Thinking of you Lynne, I know how you feel, its so difficult. I have one very similar... We're made of tougher stuff than we think.. big hugs xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I am giving up bad foods starting tomorrow. A few days late but better than never.

Ok....Easter Sunday is next week..the end of Lent....

I gave up red wine and not a drop passed my lips ....now I did have some Prosecco , ok, it's still wine but its white .....so technically I kept Lent.....

How did you all get on? Did you manage to keep your Lenten promise?

Rinn, did I have a promise? If so, I'm afraid I've probably broken it......:eek:

Latest posts

Back