what colour eyebrow tint, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
I have a client who has white hair and darkish brows.

They are a dark grey colour rather than brown but she would like them tinted to hide a few white ones.

I have bought a graphite grey by Strictly Professional. Does anyone have any experience of using this and how dark it goes? And should I mix in a little black. I'm thinking brown might be too rich.

Any advice gratefully received ! x

I have a client who has white hair and darkish brows.

They are a dark grey colour rather than brown but she would like them tinted to hide a few white ones.

I have bought a graphite grey by Strictly Professional. Does anyone have any experience of using this and how dark it goes? And should I mix in a little black. I'm thinking brown might be too rich.

Any advice gratefully received ! x

i dont think you'd need to mix it with black hun, i would use the grey on its own. if you dont think the colour is grabbing, with ladies with white hairs, I just wipe a bit of the peroxide over first, then mix my tint as normal, then apply as normal

good luck xx

NOOOO

dont use any black at best just sticking to the grey leave it on for the recommend time usually 5 mins for eyebrows if the client is,nt completly happy just apply it again for another couple of mins should do the trick the first time round though you can usually see the tint developing by just looking at it anyway, make sure she has had a patch test prior to tinting as she may not of had one before and even if she has it might of been a different make etc.

hope this helps

If she only has a few white ones and the rest of her brows are quite dense have a think about just plucking the white ones out.

Good god dont mix it with black!!! i use this colour its ok on its own i do sometimes mix a bit of brown just to warm it up abit depends on the skin tone Carefull pulling thick white ones out though that you dont end up with bald patches. x

hi hun i would put the product on and leave it a few mins (not full time) and see how it comes out it you don't think it is dark enough then put it on again with a tiny amount of black to make it a darker grey put it on for a futher few mins!!:lol:

if you do this remember to make a note of the times for future referance!!

you need to mix brown with the grey and apply several times for minimal times then tweeze the white I have done this for over twenty years and this is the only solution

thanks for all your help with this! Just reporting back on how it went. The grey tint didn't look any different on first application (one minute) and a little darker after another application (another min) which the client was happy with so I tweezed the odd white hairs. Next time I will mix in some brown and try to get them a little darker.

Cheers guys!x

I put grey on the bulk of brows and may mix it with brown to tint the tails (good for sparser brows) Sometimes the brown all over can look almost black making the brows look really thick (good to thicken out thinner brows)

Bit of clever mixing can work wonders and completely change the brow.

White ones are nightmare - even if they do take colour - they quickly return to white within days.

thanks for that Pazzy, yes it was the tails that wouldn't take particularly well. They were sparse so you really couldn't tell that much.

What ratio brown to grey would you tend to use, or does it depend entirely on client?

I had a client who had a few course white hairs and wanted them tinting.. the eyebrows were very thin so I couldn't really risk plucking these white ones out or she would have nothing left. What I did was to lift the white hairs and put on brown/grey mix to the individual hair and leave for 2 mins. I wiped off and reapplied leaving for one minute intervals. This had to be 3 times then I applied to the rest of the brows for just 1 minute. They did take but they still looked lighter than the rest so I trimmed them a little so they would lie flatter and blend in better. I thought it was quite successful really overall. :hug:

I mix grey tint first and apply then with what left over add a small amount of brown - or black if the tails are really sparse and apply - if they are thin you can leave it on longer but make sure there is plenty of p.jelly so you dont get stained skin (also adds to the bulk of the brow) - waxing after a tint will give a great shape.

I wouldn't mix with black. I have used the graphite grey before and It sounds like the colour you need for this lady.

I wouldn't say you'd need to overly cover the brows with the dye, a light 'brushing' ensuring the lighter hairs are covered will help achieve a more natural look xx

Mix brown with Grey and build up the colour, def NOT black with grey. If the white hairs still dont take just pluck these out, thats what I do and its always fine. :)

am definately going to try the brown and grey mix but what ratio are we talking? How many cm of grey to brown? x

Latest posts

Back