What do you affectionately call people?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
I think the northern thing is to call everyone "luv" I tend to call people "chuck"
I only thought of this when I read a thread welcoming someone and they called her "poppet" my gran used to call me this and my parents used to call me "tilly or tillymint"
I call my daughter "Flo" and my hubby I call "hunny"
I don't like it when people who are younger than me call me "luv"

So there's
Luv
My luv
Hunny
Darlin
Babe
Sweet
Chick (en) (aka Michelle off last years BB)
Dear

anymore....

Hun
Honey
Sweetie
Sweetcheeks
Doll
Baby Doll
Chicken
Honeybell
Dude

i just call people chuck, hun or chick. thats it really. erm, babes sometimes.

cause i lived in portsmouth scince 18 i still have a southern twang and so it is
darlin
mate(rob hates it cause i call him that too)
and now back in merseyside it has to be "luv"

I call my hubby babe or hunny and sometimes a word that I wouldn't like to say on here but you bet it would contain lots of bleeps!

Becky
x

*JOANNE* said:
cause i lived in portsmouth scince 18 i still have a southern twang and so it is
darlin
mate(rob hates it cause i call him that too)
and now back in merseyside it has to be "luv"

darlin, sweet and mate too
and have to say the northern chics do say chick and i love that word, ive found myself sometimes saying that now since being on the geek site, just picked it up, xx

jules x

Black country lass here, i call people Bab!!! hahaha.

also Hun, Chick, mate and for my absolute faveorite people S**t head. :D

My fella:

Babe
Darlin
Sweetheart

My mates:

Hun
Chick
Chicken

People in general:

Nothing - it really winds me up too when people call me love.

My Godchildren:

Spud
Sweetie Pie
Monkey
Baby

kaney jules said:
darlin, sweet and mate too
and have to say the northern chics do say chick and i love that word, ive found myself sometimes saying that now since being on the geek site, just picked it up, xx

jules x

Lol wouldnt be from me would it??????

My hubby gets called love or monkey!
My friends get called chick mainly!

harvey said:
Lol wouldnt be from me would it??????

yeah you guessed it chick lolxxx

julesxx

I tend to call people in general:

love
duck
babe
hun

My hubby:

chiggiwoo
darling
B*$"@*d (if he is being a git!)
love
or just Carl lol!
or even sometimes Steve (which is my boss and I do call my boss Carl when I am getting wound up by him!!)

I don't mind being called an effectionate name.. but some people do get quite touchy about it don't they?

kaney jules said:
yeah you guessed it chick lolxxx

julesxx

LMAO thought so!

Hi Suzie
Guess I have to affectionately call you
'my Baywatch babe'
You know what I mean my little brown one!

Love

I always say Babes to everyone :Love: Infact my mates call me lelly babes because I say it that much :biggrin:

I call all my mates monkey, I even sign off my E-mails with a picture of a monkey.
Or matey, chickie dee.
I call my eldest daughter binksie and my youngest picklelilly

I use babes and chicken alot for friends...i also use Gonk !! alot now since meeting Amber...lol....i used to call my middle daughter Boobies cos she is a little chubby...but that stopped when she ran off in Tesco's once and i shouted "Boobies" and everyone looked at me gone out. My eldest daughter was called Lucky for years cos she was so unlucky, always falling over and stuff. I just love old people when they call you duckie and then there is this guy where i park my car in town and he always says "mornin dutchess"...just love that !!! xxx

NailStyle said:
i used to call my middle daughter Boobies cos she is a little chubby...but that stopped when she ran off in Tesco's once and i shouted "Boobies" and everyone looked at me gone out.

LOL! How cute is that.... going off topic slightly.. my friends lad when he was only about 2 or 3 couldnt say the word strawberries.. and he used to call them boll*cks! Don't ask me why but he always used this word for strawberries. Once on the market he was shouting in his usual boystrous way... mummy mummy .... look boll*cks boll*cks ..... it was only then that my friend 'realised' what he was saying and what he was meaning...

lol!

Nail FX said:
LOL! How cute is that.... going off topic slightly.. my friends lad when he was only about 2 or 3 couldnt say the word strawberries.. and he used to call them boll*cks! Don't ask me why but he always used this word for strawberries. Once on the market he was shouting in his usual boystrous way... mummy mummy .... look boll*cks boll*cks ..... it was only then that my friend 'realised' what he was saying and what he was meaning...

lol!

PMSL!!!!!!!

I call my bf "hunny" or "hunnybum" haha and my friends "chicha" or "boobah"! Not after the weird floating things on that kiddies programme though; for years me and one of my friends used to address each other as 'boo', which is american slang for girlfriend or a girl friend. Then she just said 'boobah' one day and it's stuck and now there's about 15 of us 'boobahs' stalking the streets of Essex!
:Love:

Latest posts

Back