What do you think of this ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~shelley~

Reaction score
I sat and watched it and then went on to watch some of the archived videos they had, and I still didnt get it either. It looks like doing it back to front in a full cover tip (they called it a mould) and then adhering it to the nail plate. No filing on top to shape only sides and so on. How would you do a refill?
xxxxx:hug:

I can't see the sense in doing nails that way.
Other than refill problems...
It must take longer to do it that way, ya know?

It seems utterly ridiculous to me.

Bet they sell to just about anyone.

I totally do not get it. How is it supposed to work? what the hell was all that pink squiding out from under the nail for??? Looked like a right messy job to me!

it would be very difficult to know where to put the smile line on the tip .

so if you want to
a) get lifting
b) suffer from over exposure.......that seems the way to go then eh??????

i dont get it either wat the heck is that pink stuff??? xx

Wow thats some funny stuff, watched it a few times and still cant see how this could be a easy thing to do, seems quite messy also

This looks to me as they put the pink and white inside the mould:eek: then by pressing it on when it is still wet makes it adhere to the nail plate (loverly not)...:Scared: and i supose the plastic mould is on top so no buffing, filing or even shaping of the product as its encased between the mould and the nail plate :Scared: :eek: nice and snug and safe with no prep and pleanty exposure OMG i dont think so........

Christi
xxx

I asked about this last year when I stumbled across it, I see how it works but I don't know of anyone that's has had this system so I don't know the durability or whether lifting occurs.

The pink thing you see squirting out the sides in the pink L&p; I wonder if this goes over the skin with each application wouldn't it lead to over exposure??

There was a tech on here that had tried this but I don't know if they still geek, it would be interesting to know though.

I can not see how any well-educated/self-respecting tech would do this to their clients.

It's inconceiveable to me, with the host of problems inherent with such a method....

*JOANNE* said:
so if you want to
a) get lifting
b) suffer from over exposure.......that seems the way to go then eh??????

Exactly (not to mention an ugly set of nails)!:rolleyes:

I get it, and the idea is good. But putting it into practical is nonsense to me. :rolleyes:
I presume, sculpting the 'perfect smile line' onto a clear full nail tip is easy, but the hard part would be knowing where to put it. Surely each finger is different in size and how much 'pink' there should be. :irked:

Also, I imagine that using the underside of the nail to sculpt the pink and white is so you do not have to go over the whole lot with clear or indeed do the filing and finishing on the top of the enhancement, saving time.... but....

... if all that pink l+p squidged out and you have to wipe it away, surely you would end up getting some on the surface while trying to wipe away and then have to file it anyway??? :rolleyes:

I'll stick to the 'normal' way thanks! (wouldnt mind just giving it a try though) :lol:

Wouldn't it be easier just to go to Boots or Superdrugs and get the stick on Party Nails then............. just get them out of the box and wack (technicial term for adhering the nail) em on ????
Maybe Boots and Superdrug will start running courses on this......LMFAO

I don't understand? Does the mould buff off when it is time to rebalance?

I think the end result is ugly.
Michele

I agree with 'nailsinlondon1' the finshed result looks abit lit the stickons from boots.

omg that is so weird.ive never seen that before.not sure i like the idea of that.like someone else said,how would you do an infill? i like some of the designs though.:confused: xx

I liked some of the designs but

1) Did you see the airbubbles in the second video clip!!! Specifically the pink glittery ones, look closely, you cant pause to scrutinise the work here!!!
2) It says NO PLASTIC TIPS, so errrr what are those "things" that you have to faff about cutting to the shape of the nail? Oh yeah, inverted moulds I hear u say.
3) How can you tell what the design looks like from the top, oh yeah, turn it over, oops, all the L&P slipped!!!!!!

I'll stick to the "old fashioned way" me thinks.

Rachel xxxx

Latest posts

Back