what do you use to cover your couch ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lots of lashes

Reaction score
hi, looking for some advice please.
I have never own a beauty couch before and will only be using it for eyelash treatments could I just spray it after each client or should I still cover it up and change it after each client?
If yes best to cover it up, what do you use over the top of yours?

many thanks
sorry if this sounds like a silly question:eek: x

ps some couches I have looked at seem so nice it would be a shame to hide them or is that just me ??

I have a stretch terry couch cover, and a fur throw, covered with a chocolate brown towel. I do use couch roll when I'm waxing or fake baking, otherwise my clients just lie on the towels and I wash them after each one.
I also have an electric blanket on the couch too because you can get very cold if you're lying still for any length of time.

I have a stretch terry couch cover, and a fur throw, covered with a chocolate brown towel. I do use couch roll when I'm waxing or fake baking, otherwise my clients just lie on the towels and I wash them after each one.
I also have an electric blanket on the couch too because you can get very cold if you're lying still for any length of time.

thanks for that Lynne,
you do have a lot of layers:eek: is the terry couch cover to protect the couch and then the fur through to help with heating or more for comfort as you said you have an electric blanket?
Then I take it the towels are to make it easy to change over after each client.
Here was me thinking I could just get a protective clear cover and a few towels glad I asked now.

It's all done to enhance the client experience. I probably go a bit over the top, but I want them to be comfortable!

It's all done to enhance the client experience. I probably go a bit over the top, but I want them to be comfortable!

By the sounds of things your clients could quite happily spend the night on it as it sounds so cosy

Funnily enough they always say I could just leave them there for an hour and they'd still pay!

Funnily enough they always say I could just leave them there for an hour and they'd still pay!
Ooh, sounds lovely! I'm booking in when I'm next in town! :)

For a shorter treatment, as long as it's not a cold wipe-clean surface - then you shouldn't need a couch cover or towel as they are fully clothed. This may change if the treatment is longer.

Put yourself in their shoes - how would you like to be treated? What would you like?

hth? Jason

I have stretch terry couch covers and white/black towels, then cover with couch roll. I change couch roll each client when doing things like eye brow wax or tinting. My clients just lie on the towels for facials or massage which I wash after each one.:)

went to salon once and they had a duvet on said "leave your shoes on", haven't been back!:irked: Di

I have electric blanket, stretchy couch cover, fleece blanket and quilt. Couch roll is used for each new client.

I offer some treatments whereby the client is laying on the couch for some time...I want them to be as comfortable as possible.

xx

For a shorter treatment, as long as it's not a cold wipe-clean surface - then you shouldn't need a couch cover or towel as they are fully clothed. This may change if the treatment is longer.

Put yourself in their shoes - how would you like to be treated? What would you like?

hth? Jason
Thanks for your comments Jason, treatments will take 1-2 hours so I understand what you mean about not lying on a cold wipe clean surface.
The salon is normally very warm but as said comfort and cleanliness and very important. So I am now thinking it would be better to cover the couch.:)

I have stretch terry couch covers and white/black towels, then cover with couch roll. I change couch roll each client when doing things like eye brow wax or tinting. My clients just lie on the towels for facials or massage which I wash after each one.:)

went to salon once and they had a duvet on said "leave your shoes on", haven't been back!:irked: Di

better not start using my old curtains then eh :eek::smack:

I have stretch cover, then use large towel on top, use a hand towel if needed as a head rest when lying on their back.

For some treatments I'll use couch roll, for others I use an EasyDry towel as the top sheet - much nicer to lie on and much more resilient and then I just bin it.

Mat

I also use stretchy terry toweling cover with some throws over them xx The throws are from asda and Ikea wash up great and dry fast. xx:hug:

I have a duvet with couch roll over the top. The couch roll gets thrown away and replaced after each client.

Towels and velour throws are also used if they are having a treatment such as a facial, massage, etc, which is put in the wash after each client.

HTH xx

I have stretch cover, then use large towel on top, use a hand towel if needed as a head rest when lying on their back.

For some treatments I'll use couch roll, for others I use an EasyDry towel as the top sheet - much nicer to lie on and much more resilient and then I just bin it.

Mat

Thanks everyone for all your replies.
Mat think I will have to investigate the easydry towel as I have never heard of these before and they do sound interesting.
So it looks like stretchy terry towelling cover and either a few nice throws or towels or even both.
I'm glad I asked now before I spent a fortune on a bed that you don't even see bang goes the brown leather look one I seen:cry:

If anyone uses anything different please let me know. I seen a sort of plastic protective cover on Amazon but I guess with all thats mentioned above you dont really need that now.

I have a duvet, a pillow for the head,, then a throw, then towels that are changed for each client and then more throws and towels to put over the client..............
i dont use couch roll except for the pillow area, that i obviously change per client, I find i get stuck to it (am a bit clumsy), or the client does when waxing, so just use clean towels per client.

I use Easydry beauty roll and Easydry towels (in different sizes: bath, hair, manicure and in different colours: black, white and pink). They work really well. You just chuck em in the bin after and they're biodegradable so you don't have to feel guilty about throwing them away.

I think they still do free samples so you can try before you buy.

Hi, we use terry towel cover, with towels on top, covered with bed roll.
If you contact Easy dry and say your a salon they casn send you a sample pack. We didnt like them but worth having a try incase you do.
Lou xx

Latest posts

Back