What Does The Tooth Fairy Do With All The Teeth She Collects ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My 5yr old daughter lost her 1st tooth earlier this evening...bless...

Was just wondering what: a)the going rate is for the Tooth Fairy to leave behind
b)what to tell her if she asks "what does the Tooth Fairy do with all the teeth"
c)what does eveyone else do themselves with the teeth - do you keep them or bin them?

Answers much appreciated :)

She gives them to people who don't have any teeth.

£1 per tooth.

I bin them but I have the first lost tooth from each of my kids, although I don't know where they are!

I've heard tell of a very rich tooth fairy that pays up to £20 per tooth - that particular tooth fairy is banned from our house!

Hell at that price i am very nearly extracting my own!

can't help with a, my youngest is 19years old:lol:
B the tooth fairy takes them to the babies that don't have any teeth yet.
C I still have them all, I have baby boxes which have the hospital bracelet, first shoes, first paintings, hand prints, foot prints, baby teeth, school reports, in fact all the special things form them growing up. My mum did the same and gave me my box when I became a mum.

Mine got £1 for the first one and they get 20p for each one unless it is a back tooth which is £1.

I have kept every one except one which was knocked out by a thrown teddy and I think she swallowed it LOL.

Mine have recently started writing letters to the tooth fairy - scrabbling about in the dark searching under pillows and you come across a list of 20 questions, not funny!

They then complain in the morning because their friend's tooth fairy gave different answers LOL.

I might make a necklace out of all the teeth :lol: :wink2:

I still have them all, I have baby boxes which have the hospital bracelet, first shoes, first paintings, hand prints, foot prints, baby teeth, school reports, in fact all the special things form them growing up. My mum did the same and gave me my box when I became a mum.

Aww....thats so nice!

Oh my god, Are you trying to say the tooth fairy isnt real????
Next you'll be saying Santa doesnt exist!!

OMG my tooth fairy pays far too much, £5 for the first tooth and £1 there after.........The fairies make everything out of teeth from their castles to their jewellery & I've kept every single one I've got 4 kids thats alot of teeth

My daughter got 10$ for her first tooth because she was so brave.
2$ for each consecutive tooth.

Because she was so distraught about "never seeing my tooth again", we told her that the tooth fairy needed the teeth for babies when they are ready to eat real food. She seemed content with that.

The next time we saw a baby, she stuck her finger in the baby's mouth and said "Look Momma! there's my tooth!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

(which we then of course had to explain to the mother of the baby. Good thing it was a friend of ours LOL)

My mother in law inspired me with what to do she showed me the letters my 31 yr old hubby got from the tooth fairy when he was small, they are the size of 4 little stamps with tiny writing and in tiny envelopes, saying something like, "thank you for the lovely tooth it is perfect as an armchair in my little house," how cute! lots of effort but when Mia's first tooth came out about 6 months ago she loved getting her first letter:)
oh and the going rate in our house is £1 att the moment x

The going rate in my house is £1 per tooth.
I keep the first few then they go in the bin.
The tooth fairy grinds down the teeth and she adds a magic fairy potion and then she sprinkles on the children she visits. So their teeth make magic fairy dust! :lol:

£1 per tooth, we bought a big carved toadstool years ago we sprinkled it with 'fairy dust' and told the kids the faries had chosed our garden to move into, from then on the kids right a note to the fairies and leave their tooth in a box under the toadstool at the bottom of the garden, then the 'fairies' right back ! tradition's are funny things ! oh and they build their houses out of the teeth they collect !!!

Thanks for the replies Geeks - there's some great traditions going on :)

I quite like this one that I found on t'internet: "Grinds them into fairy dust and sprinkles it on herself; that's the magic that makes her fly" :)

Im feeling a bit hard done by. the tooth fairy was never that generous when i was younger! Although the one that visited me at my grans house was a bit more reasonable

L x

£1 for biggies 50p thereafter, although 9-year old doesn't believe anymore.

I got him a book on the toothfairy, and we would read it together (got if from the works), and it came with little letters and fairy money.

I also bought a tooth fairy cushion from a craft fair which hung from his bed and had a little pocket inside for his tooth.

I've kept a few.

The book stated that they used the teeth for furniture but special teeth helped to make the fairy queen's throne.

It was allways $2 in my house. We had a few that were swallowed or went down the sink (ooops my bad), so we had to write letters to the tooth fairy to explain.

My pain in the butt daughter didn't tell me when she lost a tooth after a while, then one day she asked me why te tooth fairy only came when she told me about it.

I was so dumbfounded I didn't know what to say.

that happened to me, resulting in my son not believing anymore!
He got up one morning and said he hadn't had any money left, I was dumbfounded and asked why he would have money left (not the quickest me).
He then explained that he had lost a tooth at school the day before.

ahhhhhhh!

My daughter did not twig till prob the last two teeth - she had all her adult teeth by the age of 9 so we were able to keep up the pretence much longer.

Its a shame really loosing her baby teeth so young she hardly had them then they were gone, awww.

She had her first tooth at 8 weeks and they had all popped in by the time she was 18 months - very quick.

Anyway it was lovely whilst it lasted. :hug:

that happened to me, resulting in my son not believing anymore!
He got up one morning and said he hadn't had any money left, I was dumbfounded and asked why he would have money left (not the quickest me).
He then explained that he had lost a tooth at school the day before.

ahhhhhhh!
Tiana knew what she was doing. She'd put it out and not tell me, then the next day she'd tell me she lost a tooth and put it out. She did this a few times unbeknownst to me, until she confronted me. The rotten witch.

My 6 year old gets between 1€ and 5€ depending on whether we have any coins or not...no coins then it is a 5€ note :irked:

I am terrible though...I forget it is under the pillow...then I have to spend the next morning explaining how the tooth fairy is so teeny tiny that she couldn't lift my daughters head off the pillow...:rolleyes:
When I have managed to leave money under the pillow on time then the fairy that came must have had strong muscles!!!!!

I am soooooo bad...and I have never had to explain where the teeth go...because I have to explain why the teeth are still there more!!!

I don't keep them either...with 5 children I would be like a dentists surgery!

I have one more child to go after this one...then we will be rich!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back