What fininsh do you prefer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaseyboi

Reaction score
Hi all

As I journey through my training I am discovering & experimenting with different methods & products to bring the enhancement to a high shine. I was just wondering how you like to fininsh? Me I think im warming to just buffing to a glass like finish & then slathering in oil. So

WHAT DO YOU PREFER?????:Love:

Hi there, totally on the buffing to a high glass shine, i use my koala, to buff with the 240 grit, then apply solar oil and use 1200 grit to buff oil, then scrub fresh to remove oil and then use my glossing block or or buffer to shine, and it really does shine,,lol. I must admit I have not tried anything else so I could not say this was the best method. I am going to try a gel topcoat onsted of buffing, to see wh\at this is like,

xxxx kate xxxx:Grope::Grope:

Yeh I buff to a shine with the cnd girlfriend buffer and then oil. I tell my clients they must oil daily and I tell them to use a top coat between appointments if necessary xx

I'm affraid I like my Glaze nd Go...because I'm lazy :smack::o :lol:
:hug:

i love buffing to a high shine using my ezflow snow monkey and miracle shine....i love it. but just lately i have been using my gel top coat...mainly because it is alot quicker and the shine is very good

hi,

I like finishing my nails off with a coat of UV gel! Shine is always there and does not go dull over time!

A gel top coat does it for me

I prefere buffing to a high shine my l'n'p-s with solar oil and girlfriend. I think, oil is good for the fresh enhancement: make it healthy and strong. For gels I use gel top coat, as I can not buffing to a high shine.

I do a combo of both when I have time I will buff but I must admit the gel topcoat is a quick and easy option and it guarantees the enhancement will nave a much longer lasting shine for the client.

I do a combo of both when I have time I will buff but I must admit the gel topcoat is a quick and easy option and it guarantees the enhancement will nave a much longer lasting shine for the client.

absolutley!!!
the other thing i like about it is that if they do decide they want to paint their nails they can...and when they take it off the enhancment is as shiney as it was when they were first done as the remover doesnt touch it....so there is no need for them to buff them back up to a high shine......not that any of my clients would bother doing that anyway.

I just love using my girlfriend......:lol: gets the perfect finish everytime, then lil drop of solar oil...

I have used the buffer blocks but I just keep going back to the old girlfriend she is the best!!!:lol:

Glaze'n'Go for me! Used to do the buffing thing but too lazy now

glaze n go for me too....

i think it really makes glitter nails sparkle, more so than buffing....maybe im doing it wrong...

and you dont have to worry about touching acetone or other solvent, and dissolving your own nails any! :)

which is good for people like me who are forever spilling things!

:)

I buff smooth and then apply brisa gloss. I'm not into buffing but if I do I use the glosser which I like

Gel Top coat for me, quicker and easier !

Glaze and go for me too, it saves so much time, cuts down on use of files and all my clients love the finish it gives.

I use young nails finish it. It´s a really thin gel, the gloss last very well and it goes faster. I actually prefer the look of a buffed nailenhancement since it blends in smoother with the natural nail and with the gel you always have a more marked area near the cuticle when it grows out. I just follow with what my customers ask for + i have the extra benefit that it goes faster. works for me

I used to use Brisa Topcoat, but then I thought I was getting too lazy, so now I use my girlfriend buffer :) Prob saving me a fortune too :lol: xx

I have different preferences for different looks. If using a colour or glitter i prefer to use a gel - i use young nails finish and its very good, it could be a trick of the light but find the glitters sparkle even more. On a pink and white i prefer to buff to a high shine. I quite enjoy buffing and watching the glassy shine appear! I think clients like that bit too lol! PLUS i have retailed buffers to clients. Being mobile, retailing is hard enough, but if your using something they can buy its win win!!

Latest posts

Back