What level would you say you are with Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where are you with Nails?

• I am 100% happy with my sets of nails

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • I am almost there, just a few problems with consistency

Votes: 133 55.4%
  • I trained on a short course with an unknown company but now know which direction I'm headed

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • I am not trained at all, I taught myself and am happy with my nails

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • My nails are terrible, it's upsetting me and I just don't know why

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 36 15.0%

• Total voters
i would say im totally 100% happy with my services and performance but never can you say your not willing to learn, my mind is always open to new ideas, hints, tips etc:)

I voted 'other'.

I believe there is always room for improvement, and I am always looking to find ways to make a great set of nails even better.

My clients are always more than happy with the nails I do. However, I suppose I would like to make every set as perfect as a competition set.

(Saying that.... I would like to make my competition set..... a perfect set!)

Sue x

I voted for number 2. I am always striving to perfect my smile line and although my nails are'nt bumpy, I know I still need to work on my finish. I look at nails I have done and always think they look really nice but ........
there is always something that I think I will improve on next time. My clients always walk out really pleased.

I voted ,,other" too.
I never will be satisfied with my work. I always find something to pick on. But it is more in a professional aspect. Like the Arch ( apex?) could be better the Baselines or Sidelines, there is a little bump and so on. My Clients are happy with my work and more then satisfied. Least thts the Feedback I get.
Also my Customers and other Nail Tecs think I am crazy and to self critical. But I think this stops me from doing to big of mistakes and lean back and not go on.
I LOVE my Job and I always find a new challenge. I will improve.
I see so many Pictures of Nails where I think ,, OmG, they are awesome and perfekt" But when I see my work.................................well maybe I should stop to compare Gel Nails with P/L Nails.
I work as a Nail Tec since last year and I still feel like I just started. Especially now because I start to work with P/L as well and plan to take some classes for it.
I just want to be able to offer more than one system and I want to do a good Job with all systems I'll work with. But thats still a long way to go and I really look forward to it.
I just love it to much to sit down an practice and to study. I guess thats another reason why I never will be happy with my work because there is so much to learn in this Branch.

But now I have to learn the English professional terms so I can write more in here.

I am sorry if my English is not that well in some places and that this statement turned out so long.

Roni
from Germany

I am 100% happy with my manicure, pedicure, nail art, enamel etc. But my fibreglass I need some more confidence with. I have been practicing quite a bit and I have only just 'perfected' one to the standard I would be happy with, but I am still in training :)

I voted other. I feel i still have more to learn even after 16 yrs of doing them . That's why I only showed u all the 'acrygel' set I was wearing that day & none others . ( I was having a happy day...lol). Maybe some day though.:wink2:

TRAINING!! I voted other, I've done man/pedi at college with my beauty course, and now am about to train in nail enhancements with a well known company! :):):)

i don't think i will ever be 100% happy..i love education, and it seems that there are always new techniques to learn..and products are always evolving. with me, i believe it is a continuing process.

The don't exist (in my world)
Ihave to say 90%, been this for the past 10 yrs, and will be when I quit or die. Lol

Hi , I love doing nails, and I'm getting to a sort of happy stage with them on my models,
but I will never stop striving for better,
and when I think I am ready I will charge for them, but not just yet as my re balances need more refining,

I think I have come a long way since my first doorstop ones, which I thought were fantastic at the time lol x :hug: x

I am 100% happy with my nails however, this is for the level that I am at I know that there is more learning for me but at the moment I am really happy with my nails and the feedback I get from my clients, I am happy with. I am on my way to doing a creative nail course but still researching the different systems :lol:

Hiya :)

I had to vote 'other' because I'm not trained - yet, as I am booked onto my Creative Foundation Course in August :green:

I think I may get to 99% happy over time as there is always room for inprovement and education in anything we do :)

xx

Hi there. I'm currently training.
I've had a few guinea pigs and done on my own hands.

My free hand paint white tips is good but not mastered.

My filing technique needs to improve so that I don't look like an amatuer when holding file. Especially around the cuticle area.

Can do free hand paint with those fine liner brushes that come with the bottles.

Still trying to get that perfect smile line with with acrylic pink and white sculpture.

I need to improve consistency. Nerves always get the better of me.

I'd say I'm progressing at a steady rate but there are days when everything just blanks from my head.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back