What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was Wendynailedit that originally posted about using the mineral powders.

One wee thing, I read up on them and there is advice about being careful when using them. Have good ventilation etc. I used a face mask just to be on the safe side. A bit much I know but better to be safe than sorry xx

I've just bought these as your nails look so fab! X

Ooo fantastic! Enjoy, it's a lot of fun - remember to let us see the results xx

Hi, use Barry M dazzle dust which give a similar look to mineral powder, I'm not currently wearing them but will try and upload a photo x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hi, use Barry M dazzle dust which give a similar look to mineral powder, I'm not currently wearing them but will try and upload a photo x

Ooo never thought of that! I love the Barry M colours. Can I ask, where is the best place to get them? I've been on the hunt for the Barry M polishes tooto use with Kinad xx

My nails today.

Inspired by Twilight - I'm obsessed with it :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334247699.309629.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334247699.309629.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 417
Thanks everyone, I can't take any credit for the idea. I will trawl through and find the lovely geek that first came up with it. I got my powders from eBay (bad me)
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=120889075977&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=63458473147
I used Shellac for this and did:

Pep and base as normal
Then one coat of colour that matched as closely as I could,
Then dipped and brushed on the mica.
I then brushed off all the excess. (it really clings to the sticky layer)
Top coat.

HTH xx
Thanks for this.

Thanks so much! Was really nervous about posting as everyone's look so darn amazing!!

That's what I'm like! Lol.
Honestly though they look amazing.
Was it a black gel polish with silver glitter? I want to try this out with Shellac's Blackpool! X

Fee01, I got my Barry M dazzle dust from superdrug, they had loads to choose from.

Ps your nails look gorgeous

I currently have these on, pink blush on left hand, jade sparkles on right hand and purple fade on toes xx

photo (2).jpg

Shellac. Hot pop pink, blackpool and cream puff. Nail art doesn't have to be complicated to be striking. Hope you agree xx

These are beautiful!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My first attempt at half moon manicure.

Don't think my picture uploaded I'll try again later

Here's the picture :) I hope lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334253423.177689.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334253423.177689.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 467
I want to thank everyone who posts in this thread! I am always looking for inspiration and ideas I hope I can pull off. Back a few pages (page 102) in this thread Elmo did a beautiful mani that was inspired by spring.

Elmo I hope you don't mind but I had to take a try at your mani, it was so very pretty!!!

Here is my version:

H9oAU.jpg

I used a toothpick to make the flowers but as I was doing them with my left hand they are a bit wobbly.

Shellac. Hot pop pink, blackpool and cream puff. Nail art doesn't have to be complicated to be striking. Hope you agree xx

Love this. Did you use nail stripers?

I want to thank everyone who posts in this thread! I am always looking for inspiration and ideas I hope I can pull off. Back a few pages (page 102) in this thread Elmo did a beautiful mani that was inspired by spring.

Elmo I hope you don't mind but I had to take a try at your mani, it was so very pretty!!!

Here is my version:

H9oAU.jpg

I used a toothpick to make the flowers but as I was doing them with my left hand they are a bit wobbly.

I looove the colours you've used! They look almost Japanese like :)

Here is my version:

H9oAU.jpg

I shall be pinching this idea for a wedding I'm attending on Saturday ;)

That's what I'm like! Lol.
Honestly though they look amazing.
Was it a black gel polish with silver glitter? I want to try this out with Shellac's Blackpool! X

Hehe! Glad it's not just me ;) it was a silver/grey artistic gel polish called metro and I mixed black and silver fine glitter from hobby craft and voila! X

Latest posts

Back