What parts could I spray on myself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hey all.

Im fed up with my mum tanning me she rushes it and dont do it properly!
So im considering spray tanning myself but i know of course i cant do my entire body i would get her to tan my back and back of legs.

But what parts could i spray myself, what parts have you sprayed yourself and how?

:hug:

Hi, I have managed to master the top half of my body - (well the front at least). During the winter that's all I ever did as I had tights on all the time.

Your arms, face and chest are ok, just keep the gun at arms length but make sure you dont miss the under side of your arm.

Htp and good luck trying x

Maybe visit a salon and have it done proffesionally...(unless of course your mum is a tanning professional) you walking round with a patchy tan wont be good for business...your a walking advert for your business.

Oh ha ha...o dear ...i very stupidly attempted to do my whole body and i'd only just qualified. To say it was a mess would be an understatement. I have sworn that I will never do it ever again. The only thing i will do is my face if it's wearing off but apart from that i'm staying well away lol xxx

Oh god what is Violet gonna attempt to do next!!!!
Don't do it and especially if you have concocted your own solution :lol:

Oh god what is Violet gonna attempt to do next!!!!
Don't do it and especially if you have concocted your own solution :lol:

HA HA ...i have told her that i will make her a little book of 'don't try these at home' Oh how funny would it be to be her friend...never a dull moment xxx

i realy wanted to have ago myself to but didnt wana atempt it...i think i wont bother now.lol

Hi Hun,
Don't do it........tried it once........went straight into the shower.
So I trained my hubby to spray tan me, he is very good.......I do have to remind him not to shake the gun, he gets that from car spraying, they keep shaking it to keep the paint mixed......when he does that with my gun it dribbles, so I remind him just before he sprays not to do that.
He is very good at tanning........maybe you could ask a girlfriend to help you, with you telling her what to do, if not why not try Sun Lab Express, goes on with a mit, just get your mum to do your back, then you can do all the rest yourself. It dries really quick and is not sticky, works the same way a spray tanning, I use that if hubby has no time to spray me.
Good luck.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

i have finally managed to spray tan myself, and it doesnt look too bad although i have just noticed a white bit on my arm but as i have no one to do it for me i have to make do. i must admit this morning when i woke up i thought omg what have you done especially as i have a hen party booking this afternoon but a little bit of shimmer gel on my arms will cover that spot and once washed off looks good. should just go and get it done really but as i had some friends come round for theirs last night once they had gone everything was still out i thought why not lol and i had a fair few wines so seemed like a great idea at the time, i would give it a 7/10 though hehe.

I trained my husband too and i have to say he is excellent.

ALthough he does keep telling the ladies that if i am booked up he can always do it!

Oddly enough he hasnt had his offer taken up!!

Ok maybe ill leave it then! lol I do usually do my face pretty easy i guess i will have to train my mum properly as of wednesday ill be able to make her a qualified spray tan technician.

i guess i will have to train my mum properly as of wednesday ill be able to make her a qualified spray tan technician.

That's pretty scary really :eek:

Just because of all the problems you say you have been having lately! I'd want to be fully competent at spraying before I started to train other people!! Will you not just be causing whoever you train to have the same problems as you??

I know that I can rely on my trainer to answer any questions or queries that I might have - could you do that if your 'students' were on the phone to you? I'd say probably not as you are on here asking for help yourself. Not that there is anything wrong in asking for help, but to be training others....? :eek:

Just because of all the problems you say you have been having lately! I'd want to be fully competent at spraying before I started to train other people!! Will you not just be causing whoever you train to have the same problems as you??

I know that I can rely on my trainer to answer any questions or queries that I might have - could you do that if your 'students' were on the phone to you? I'd say probably not as you are on here asking for help yourself. Not that there is anything wrong in asking for help, but to be training others....? :eek:

Ive been doing it for long enough to train, ive only been having problems as i didnt clean the gun but now i have and everything is back to normal! Never usually have problems over the last 2 years ive been spray tanning.

Of course i could answer questions for my students im not dumb i know everything there is to know about spray tanning apart from how to clean the gun but now i know.

Not that i have to prove anything to anyone :)

We knew it would be the gun as you never had any problems before :hug:.
Can't believe you hadn't cleaned it before-wot you like :lol:

Just the fact that the gun hasnt been cleaned for 2 years is enough for me :eek: so if you hadnt been having problems how would you have trained someone to clean their gun?

Good luck with it :wink2:

That's pretty scary really :eek:

I agree with you jaffacake :eek:,
im also quite surprised that Debbie Easter from Couture has not seen these help me threads as she does come on here

I agree with you jaffacake :eek:,
im also quite surprised that Debbie Easter from Couture has not seen these help me threads as she does come on here

The reason i have been having problems is because i didn't clean my gun as i didn't know how to or even that i had to, we all learn from mistakes in life. If i had known i wouldn't have been having these problems.

Doesn't mean I'm bad at tanning or not good enough to be a trainer i just didn't know that i had to clean it out, which i'm sure Anne will cover on Wednesday

If I'm totally honest guys i am a little upset with this as your kind of making me feel like I'm really not good enough and that i shouldn't be allowed to even tan let alone teach others.

I know im not a bad tanner at all its just not my fault that i didnt know that i had to clean it

If you don't know then that is a reflection on your training! :irked: I hope that they train you to train properly so that you can send people off with a lot more knowledge than they sent you off with, otherwise there will be loads of people out there tanning who havent been trained properly and that is a reflection on the whole industry.

I cant judge if you are good at tanning or not because I dont know, hopefully now your gun has had a good clean your problems will be sorted out and you can build your confidence back up.

Latest posts

Back