What to buy a girlfriend that you have been seeing for 5 months !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Mmmmmm Interesting conversation in the office today, Chris our newbie has been seeing his girlfriend for 5 months and inevitably has to think of a good christmas gift ! So he has thought of an Ipod (Chris also brought his last girlfriend an Ipod for christmas)

Now I think that its a bit impersonal and if the GF already does not have one then probably does not need one !

I suggested a piece of Jewellery ie a bracelet..................... apparantly it is to soon for that sort of gift !

So does anyone have any ideas for Chris for a christmas present please, and if anyone can tell me why its to soon for jewellery........................!!!

I got a laptop, nail trainer and peter kay ticket this year but mine and tom's first xmas which was after we'd been together 8 months..
I think he got me a phone...? ooh an a uv lamp. and some other bits?

Its totally depends on the type of relationshipe you have.
I was with my partner 5 months prior to christmas when we first got together and he brought me a ring (not a wedding though I add), but we got close very quickly and had alrady moved in together.
I think an ipod is a bit flash personally.
I would opt for a bracelet as you suggested or how about a pamper voucher!!!
But again, I do think it depends on the relationship.
hths
x

It depends on what she likes!!
I'm really not a jewellery person and although i wear it, i am very particular.
I've never liked any jewellery my hubby has bought me. I even had to take my engagement ring back as i didn't like it. He doesn't buy it for me now.
I think as long as he buys her something that she likes he will be fine. What music does she like? What shop does she buy her clothes from? What are her hobbies?
Without knowing things about her, it's impossible to say!

No no no it is never too soon for a bracelet,
the only jewelry time they need to consider if it is too soon is when buying a ring,
if my other half bought me a ring i would run for the hills and we have been together over 5 years lol (marriage is a big no lol)

i do think the ipod is a bit too flash unless she has hinted that she wants one,
he needs to listen to her or get a mate to do some detective work and find out what she really wants,

i had been with my OH 2 months on our first xmas, he bought me a gold necklace, i bought him a jumper,
yes i felt bad lol :hug:

My ipod was the best present my husband has ever got me......yes of course he has bought me jewellery and flowers and more expensive gifts...but the one thing I wouldn't be without is my ipod !!
Even better present if he puts some music on it for her of a romantic nature lol ans some pictures of them together!!
Of course it is a rubbish present if she already has one!

Lol I currently have chris on the run its quite amusing !!!

Good points so far, the GF likes R&B and pop, she shops in Topshop and 'other girly' shops and her hobbies are ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................well she like films '

I have pointed out Loubylous pertinent question re the IPOD, and he will facebook her friends !!!

By the way the GF jointly Co owns and manages 3 hairdressers with her dad and she is 22 and not that is should matter but Chris is Ginger lol xx

My ipod was the best present my husband has ever got me......yes of course he has bought me jewellery and flowers and more expensive gifts...but the one thing I wouldn't be without is my ipod !!
Even better present if he puts some music on it for her of a romantic nature lol ans some pictures of them together!!
Of course it is a rubbish present if she already has one!

Nice one Izzi, have relayed the information and instead of going into a manly fit, he thinks that this is a nice idea.:)

see it depends if they are soppy or not!! lol. for my first xmas with my ex he bought me a charm for my charm bracelet which meant a lot to me, and some bits and pieces. We had been together since end of October but were pretty close between then and xmas and he was spending xmas in uSA with his friends. last year i got a locket which was also something i really wanted...

some girls would run a mile at an ipod with romantic songs but some would love it (i would personally be like...eeeeeek) but maybe just a few songs she likes would be nice. I personally think something a bit more personal like a bracelet or necklace but that doesnt scream MARRY ME like a diamond ring lol. good luck....

Tell Chris not to focus to much on what to get her but to focus more on what she should get for him:eek: :lol::lol:

Tell Chris not to focus to much on what to get her but to focus more on what she should get for him:eek: :lol::lol:

mmmmmm I relayed your message and qoute ' thats a bit selfish'....................

I did say he was ginger !

i say go with the ipod ! even if she has one , i have 3 :lol:, lmao and an i phone :lol: but then am a bit obsissive with things i like , plus i am such a dim bugger i lose stuff ..... i put things places and cant find em again , lol
jewellry is awkward ... dave spent a fortune on my eternity ring , he took my engagement ring to jewellers and got it made to fit round it ... when i got it i just said take it back i dont like it , lmao :lol:
the poor bloke was devastated and has sworn never ever to buy me jewellry again !! but ........... i had just had a baby and was feelin a bit blue so i blame hormones , ... i did keep the ring and it is gorgeous but he still seethes over it , lol

so go for technology , you wont go wrong , lol

mmmmmm I relayed your message and qoute ' thats a bit selfish'....................

I did say he was ginger !

well at least you didnt say hese a "minger" :eek:

Time I think more focus needed on what you gals are going to get us for a change...lets face it you know your going to get something extra special from us anyway's :irked:

and shouldnt you be working...does your boss know your on here all day every day :)

Lol I currently have chris on the run its quite amusing !!!

Good points so far, the GF likes R&B and pop, she shops in Topshop and 'other girly' shops and her hobbies are ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................well she like films '

I have pointed out Loubylous pertinent question re the IPOD, and he will facebook her friends !!!

By the way the GF jointly Co owns and manages 3 hairdressers with her dad and she is 22 and not that is should matter but Chris is Ginger lol xx

R&B Yearbook 2009 CD
A topshop voucher for a lot of money!
A DVD and some microwave popcorn-Sorted!!

I was with my bf one month before our first christmas, he gave me a new mobile with new tarriff as we were spending a fortune. It was pink therefore i loved it. A teddy and one of those bad news bears.

I'd given him a stereo and though oops, but never that he's bought too much, lol x

Lol colin i'm still a mouse so she cant see me ! Any hoo had to catch up from the weekend ! Thanks guys for all your great answers I will relay them tomorrow ! And when I find that dastardly money tree I will certainly buy my BF the DJ Hero he wants as a stocking filler !!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

My Bf bought me underwear from ann summers, loved it! all chris has to do is check her sixe lables and go by her style cant go wrong! lol xx

I got together with my boyfriend of 5 years just 10 days before my 26th birthday. He got me a hot water bottle (it was winter) and a bottle of jack daniels as it's my favourite tipple.

My mum's reaction was "Hmmm, well he wants to get you drunk and get you into bed!".

My mum is ace :)

Latest posts

Back