What tool do you use to cut your nail tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Hello all.I was having a debate with a fellow nail tec,on how we cut the tips once glued on.I myself use clippers,cut from one side to middle of tip,then from other side till they meet & them twist off.My friend uses nail tip clipper which cuts off the tip in one go.When ive tried this the tip pops off?

Hello all.I was having a debate with a fellow nail tec,on how we cut the tips once glued on.I myself use clippers,cut from one side to middle of tip,then from other side till they meet & them twist off.My friend uses nail tip clipper which cuts off the tip in one go.When ive tried this the tip pops off?
I do the same as you - I just can't get on with tip cutters, they are never the same length:irked:

ive always used tip cutters and never had any problems with them.to be honest i had never really thought about it before as i was taught with tip cutters so ive never thought about using anything else.
interesting thread though.xx

i use tip cutters it's personal preferance isn't it !! i couldn't get on with the side to side thing :lol: whatever works i guess ..

I use clippers side to side then twist off, like you. Didn't get on with tip cutters.

I agree its a matter of personal preference. When I did my training the course was started with one teacher, but finished by another. The first lady was a "clippers" lady, but the second one told us not to and only to use tip cutters! Horses for courses and all that I suppose!

With the tips coming off when you use the tip cutters, I can think of two possible reasons - either not enough adhesive, or are you a very quick worker and you get all the tips on and get round to clipping before the adhesive is thoroughly dry????

When i did gel i also used tip cutters.

Last edited:
I use both (got to be different eh? :lol:)

Tip cutters for square or soft square (aka squoval Izzi lol) and clippers for stiletto, almond and rounded.

I was taught with tip cutters great till they go blunt. But sandi's way for the stiletto and almond etc is a great idea. Saves all that filing never thought of that, so shall be getting some clippers tomorrow save me some time. cool!!! Thanks for the idea.

I was taught with tip cutters great till they go blunt. But sandi's way for the stiletto and almond etc is a great idea. Saves all that filing never thought of that, so shall be getting some clippers tomorrow save me some time. cool!!! Thanks for the idea.

OHHH what kind of clippers do you mean?.....:green:

I always use clippers unless I am doing dead square.

It is a matter of which tool gives me the quickest result.

I can cut oval, soft square and round nails with clippers so I use them for these styles ... virtually no filing. Same with squares, and tip cutters.

A variety of tools for different jobs is essential. Work SMART not HARD is a good motto to have.

I use both (got to be different eh? :lol:)

Tip cutters for square or soft square (aka squoval Izzi lol) and clippers for stiletto, almond and rounded.
Ditto :hug:

ive always used tip cutters and never had any problems with them.to be honest i had never really thought about it before as i was taught with tip cutters so ive never thought about using anything else.
interesting thread though.xx

Tip Cutters for me also most of the time. If a new client wants to go shorter than I have cut then I use the other method with clippers

Latest posts

Back