What was the day that changed your life?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadisonsMummy

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I am happily smushy today! Today is my husband and I's 4th anniverary! :Love:
We have been happily married for 3 and a half years and have a beautiful 2 and a half (well 3 in December) year old daughter!

So 9pm ish Tuesday 18th September 2007, in a bar in Chester, changed my life completley and made me see what actual all consuming love is! :Love:

Followed by 3.16am 19th December 2008, which showed me how powerful holding my new born baby after 29hours of labour was.

I think I really am feeling the love today!!

xx

Me nearly dying in a car carcrash in the early 70's.
The birth of my 8th grandchild ... my Sonny.

holding my son for the first time was profound and unleashed the feelings of being complete and totally and utterly deeply in love with him.

In 2009, having my Anthony changed my life after a horrendous labour... seeing his little face and holding his perfect tiny fingers in my hand just made everything seem so insignificant.

Moving to Chester on the 3rd Sep 2010 was a big life change as well as it made me determined to succeed.

My being diagnosed with breast cancer and being given a prognosis of 3 - 5 years to live. It changed me completely.

Prior to my diagnosis, I was a hateful, mean, venom spewing b*tch. Seriously, people hated me and told me as much. I took pride in hurting people. It was empowering. After my diagnosis, I realized I didn't want my legacy to be one of hatred. I decided to change. I stepped out of the darkness and into the sunshine.

The birth of my first son changed me in ways I can't imagine! I never knew I could love someone SO MUCH! You love your parents/sibs/husband but a child is a whole new realm of love.

My kids have made me stronger. Strong enough to leave an abusive marriage and raise them on my own. I've never looked back.

I thank God every day for my kids! :Love:

The day I left home. I had just turned 18 and had spent the majority of those years being scared and abused (physically and verbally)

That first night on my own should have been scary, but it was such a relief. One of the best decisions I ever made :)

Giving birth to my first son on 20th December 2007. I would love to say how much I loved him but that just didn't happen. I was given this little thing that I didn't know and just looked at him and thought how can I love you, I don't know you?! I knew it was wrong to feel like this but I couldn't change how I felt. I knew I had to care for this baby and do everything he needed but I felt silly talking to him and kissing him etc. I found it so hard, went back to work after 2 weeks and almost broke down. Soon enough it came, the fact that when I picked him up he would stop crying. This little man loved me, he knew me. I loved him too. So when my second son was born I didn't waste anytime at all and the second he was put on my chest, I smiled. It wasn't a fake smile it was a I am so glad you are here smile. My children are now my whole world and I regret feeling the way I did and feel guilty too.
I feel really good getting that off my chest!

The day I left home. I had just turned 18 and had spent the majority of those years being scared and abused (physically and verbally)

That first night on my own should have been scary, but it was such a relief. One of the best decisions I ever made :)

Bless you, it must have been so hard for you. Well done for changing your own life and making yourself happy x

The day my Father died totally changed my life.

I would never experience unconditional love ever again.

I also knew that I would never experience so much pain again. Nothing could ever be as bad as that day. Nothing would ever matter so much. Freed me from a lot of fear knowing that.

Sorry, not very cheerful, but you did ask.......

30th November 2007... falling hopelessly in love with my baby boy :Love:

Waking up in intensive care after an emergency section in a totally different hospital from my newborn, covered in tubes and wires. Finding out I hemorrhaged after the section was done and sewn up, that they fought for 8hrs to stop the bleeding, that I had to have an emergency hysterectomy to finally stop the bleeding when everything else they tried and repeated failed, suffering a sliced open then repaired bladder in the emergency, receiving 6ltr full transfusion initially then a further 2ltr a day later, finding out my new tiny tho late daughter had the cord round her neck 3 times and so tightly she was still bloody and raw from it when I met her, seeing my older kids crying each time they looked at us in hospital thinking what if, reading the whole traumatic evening in the notes I had been given to help me understand why it had happened and help me come to terms with it all... A long 15days in hospital had me KNOWING my life had just started, I had been re-born and so began the long slow recovery after 3 huge surgeries and transfusion but everyday I thank the skies above and my family who've passed for looking after me and enabling me to continue being a mum, a lone one at that to my crew.

I am on the train to work now and reading your stories...and I am in tears. You should see the face of the woman sitting opposite to me!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful and difficult moments xxx

I am sending my love to all of you- amazing strong individuals.

Last edited:
Amazing stories! Im having a bit if a down day today and reading all your posts has given me a good kick in the bum to get over myself. Huge love you all and thank you all for sharing.

The birth of my children was my changing moments. The first baby coming after a long time trying, I am truly blessed to have such beautiful healthy children.

Another would be the day I came to the decision to leave my well paid job as a business analyst for Sky TV and start my own business. I've never felt so free, proud and petrified all at the same time.

Some really inspirational stories on this thread, it just shows that everyone has a story worth telling.

The day that changed my life forever was the 1st of April this year, when I found out that my wee cousin had died. She was 24 and she was my life long best friend, more of a sister really. As Persianista said, the unbelievable pain I have felt has made me less fearful in life as nothing will ever be as hard as losing Nicola...
So I have tried to turn all of the grief into a positive force to succeed and enjoy every single day, even the rubbish ones lol.

Then of course the days that my two baby boys were born were amazing and have indescribably changed my life, I am so grateful that I have them otherwise I don't know what kind of a hole grief would of left me in. xo

Waking up in intensive care after an emergency section in a totally different hospital from my newborn, covered in tubes and wires. Finding out I hemorrhaged after the section was done and sewn up, that they fought for 8hrs to stop the bleeding, that I had to have an emergency hysterectomy to finally stop the bleeding when everything else they tried and repeated failed, suffering a sliced open then repaired bladder in the emergency, receiving 6ltr full transfusion initially then a further 2ltr a day later, finding out my new tiny tho late daughter had the cord round her neck 3 times and so tightly she was still bloody and raw from it when I met her, seeing my older kids crying each time they looked at us in hospital thinking what if, reading the whole traumatic evening in the notes I had been given to help me understand why it had happened and help me come to terms with it all... A long 15days in hospital had me KNOWING my life had just started, I had been re-born and so began the long slow recovery after 3 huge surgeries and transfusion but everyday I thank the skies above and my family who've passed for looking after me and enabling me to continue being a mum, a lone one at that to my crew.

I don't mind admitting I cried reading that.

Have a hug just because *huuuuuuuuuuuug*

All our stories seem to center around death, birth and rebirth...the circle of life. The stories here are heart wrenching, heart warming and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

All our stories seem to center around death, birth and rebirth...the circle of life. The stories here are heart wrenching, heart warming and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

I agree totally agree!!
Thanks to everyone who shared their stories!!! :)

xx

I'm the same...

The day my Sister's only child died of Meningitis changed me forever... I have never felt fear/horror and grief like it and I knew from that day, when we all went on living after it, that nothing could ever frighten me again. (although I have come very close)

I now know that I can cope with whatever life throws at me!

An*Gel, there is something so horrific about the death of a child. It tears at my heart. It really does.

Latest posts

Back