What would you change at your nail station?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you change at your Nail Station?

• Total voters

Lana

Reaction score
If you have to change something at you nail station ,what would that be?
1.Your desk
2.Your chair
3.Both
4.Nothing
I was suffering from headache and lower back pain for quite some time.Endless sessions with chiropractor gave me just a temporary relief.I switched chiropractor and she started with different aproach.First she came to see my workplace and suggested some changes.Both in my posture and my furniture.Desk was to wide and my chair was "junk" (I din't think so).She also suggested me to change my matress.Gave me piece of paper with measurements and list of suppliers.I got my custom made desk at Europian Bauty Sypply and my kneeling chair at Staples.I also bought memory foam matress .Let me tell you, I feel like a brand new person.I don't even know what is headache or back pain.I am glad I made those changes and I can keep doing what I love to do.Check my picture galery.

on my home nail desk, i would remove the polish stand that is attached to the side of my desk, as then there would be lots more room, and make me do more excercise lol
the nail desk at the salon is a very basic manicure table with no drawers etc so i would add drawers, and have a better chair!

I've got to say that I have a very similar chair to your as I have back problems - I find it really comfy and would definately recomend them.
Jayneym

really please to hear that you feel better bet your over the mooon! so you had desk made for you how much was it if you don't mind me asking or pm me! was thinking about have new nail bar need 3 positions made

thanks jan

Well I am just setting up my station but I really need to fine a good chair as I had a back op last year and need a bit of support.

I would change my desk,i was thinking of getting a glass top and then have coral stone as the base to give it a really classy look.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

Hi Jan!

I paid around 270 GBP for my desk.It has two tiers .One is raised, for client to be comfy and for my two UV lights.Lower level is for me,lot of room for my supplies and implements.It has one cabinet on the side with slide out drawer.Great for storing all your supplies and sundries.If you want to see more pictures,let me know.
f6cac31b.jpg

x1pb4lnKEHD-4C85OceuE_b51EaCvvf6QmC.jpg

it looks great where did you have it made please, do u have there number or web.

jan

It would be nothing.....( I've had a chair like yours ) but found it did not work for me I kept trying to run over clients feet with my chair.... My husband helped to build my space including making my custom desk .....I think it's perfect the way it is.....:)

I would love to change my chair and will do soon,
i fancy one i seen years ago in a salon in Baker st in London, its like kneeling down with a bit at ur butt... meant to be good for your back and posture.

it might be no good for me, at present anyway as i have some sort of cartillage prob with my knee...

nail2heart said:
I would change my desk,i was thinking of getting a glass top and then have coral stone as the base to give it a really classy look.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last[/quote

that sounds fantastic and you are in the right place to get a coral stone, please send me a pic if you do it, i love coral.

a couple of yrs ago my mum took my son on a caribbean cruise and a week in barbados, he brought me back a 'brain coral' that he got whilst snorkelling - its gorgous and weird looking at the same time

Your desk looks fab Lana!
I am desperate to get a proper Nail desk - at the moment I am renting a Beauty room in a hairdressers and because the room is small I am doing nails across the Beauty bed. Not the best - I have problems with my lower back (due to a car accident) and this isnt helping. The salon is being renovated soon and I am getting the space where the sunbed is currently for a Nail Desk so I can keep the Beauty room for Beauty treatments - cant wait!!!

I find when I use the mobile desk with the wheels on it on either laminate, wood or tiled floors, it moves about a bit, particularly with a twitchy client and usuallyits right when i am placing a bead...:irked:

my nail desk and chair are fine

so at the mo i have no need to change anything

I need to change everything because at the moment I am practising, while training, at the kitchen table. This table is only 3 months old and looks like an antique due to spills with acetone (varnish gone!), blobs of acrylic, dents from the e-file, etc etc....

Training to be a nail tech has made me realise how clumsy I am!

I've got to say that I have a very similar chair to your as I have back problems - I find it really comfy and would definately recomend them.
Jayneym
can i ask what chair youve got and where you got it from as i also have back problems.was it very expensive?thank you.xxxxxxxx

I would have a bigger and taller desk, with more room, and a better thought out nail art display area on it. I wouldnt fall for buying a package deal on furniture again! my desk is sooo wobbly and I never seem to have room. as soon as i have the money i'm gettignt he joiner to build something special!

i would change the room my desk is in :irked:

i hate my desk at work!:mad: it's too wide so i constantly have to lean over which gives me terrible back ache. and the chair doesn't help matters either!thing is, my boss has never actually dones nails so i don't think she understands how important it is, she jus thinks it looks nice:mad::mad:

I would change my desk as it has a creased effect on the top and its a real pain to keep clean, I would go for a smooth glass surface I think.

Latest posts

Back