What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I've dug this thread up again because I need to have a good laugh after the cr*p day I have had today! I gave someone a hollywood instead of a Brazilian, and also painted someone's nails in the wrong colour. Glass of vino, in fact the bottle now awaits my company....:)

So sorry hun but lmao! Merkin anyone? ;) xx

What else can you do but laugh. I'll be a brilliant Therapist tomorrow!:)

Oh it will grow back, bet she gets to like it & wants one again next time. Lol xx

I had only been in my job a few weeks had gone out on the Friday night had an arguement with a girl who know my boyfriend at the time. Next day she was booked in for an eyebrow wax. Was so nervous was talking and sorted everything out. Next minute I droped the stapula, I was standing over her head she had lovely long, curly hair, thought it had gone in her hair,,,, lucky it got stuck on my chest,,, so grateful for my big boobs!!!!!!!!!!

Worked in a spa and had a man for full body massage,,, told him to get unchanged and lay under the blanket,,,, when I came in he was laying naked on top on the blanket,,hands over his private bits,,,, told him I would give him a minute to put his underwear,,, couldn't stop laughing and really didn't want to go back in,,, since then I have always explained to males client's to unchange to their underwear!!!!!!

I have a client who has a hollywood wax and I said "if you could just move your flaps" ment leg,,, we re always in stitches with that one.

lmao at the flaps !!!!! lol x

I once felt a sneeze coming and turned my head away from my client, only to see a stream of something land on my own right shoulder :eek:

I dropped her hands and with a swift turn to the right got up and excused myself and said I must get a tissue and fled from the room . . . I don't know if she saw or not

I was mortified. She never said anything bless her and still comes now

Great thread, had some right laughs :hug:

Ok guys, I'm going to have to lower the tone here. Lets face it, most of us have probably had this happen...

So I worked in a 5* Spa, very lovely place. (And Just to note my treatment room was very dark) I was working until 8 one evening and my last client was a young gentleman with his girlfriend. She went off into another room for her treatment.
So I have done half his massage and turn him over to find a 'tent' in the towel (if you know what I mean) this has never bothered me so I wrapped him in a blanket and covered him up so he didn't feel uncomfortable. So it comes to the end of the treatment and I went to get hold of the part of the wrapped blanket to remove it and grabbed something that felt hard....I probably don't need to go any further. I was MORTIFYED, as was he !!

Love this post, I think everyone can relate to it. We are all the best dealing professionally with these situations! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had to read this in stages, as I'd go laughing so hard I'd be shaking and couldn't read my phone! Tears running down my face. This is priceless.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Lol this thread is so funny, I remember a few years ago I was waxing someone's brows and suddenly realised the phd wax tube I was holding had somehow overflowed and dripped into the ladies lovely curly hair! This turned into the longest brow wax treatment in history, as with one hand I kept just kind of wiping her brows and just messing with them to make her think I was still working on them, whilst with the other hand I spent the next ten minutes trying to 'cut' the wax out of her hair without her noticing!! Oh my god!! Lol, we learn from these things at least. X

Haha, all very funny stories.

I've had a client trump while turning over for me to wax the back of her legs. She was in her fifties and very well to do. Farting makes me laugh and once I started I couldn't stop. I was actually crying, but trying to say I was sorry for this it was just nerves. Like holly and Phil do sometimes on this morning...... She glared at me the whole time with a horrendous look on her face like she wanted me to die! Awful, but I couldn't help it!

Another is I used to regularly get colds and sniffing up while you're doing massage, facials isn't very attractive, so to soak up the snot I used to put two screwed up pieces of tissue up each nostril with the rest hanging down...... Not that attractive but it worked. Ve had other therapist sneak in for things while I'm in there and have to leave through laughing!

Last edited:
On friday I was doing my friends spray tan, and I commented on how my new extractor didn't seem very good, and what a waste of money! When I realised it was plugged in but not switched on! Oops!

After spray tanning a male client I took my gun of the hose and told him " I'll just blow you off " Mortified to say the least.

After spray tanning a male client I took my gun of the hose and told him " I'll just blow you off " Mortified to say the least.

Ha ha !! X

hahaha some really funny stories, its really cheered me up after a rubbish monday morning:D

I have no idea why it is but giving massages always makes me fart and need the loo more often! When I have a full massage morning of 4 massages I generally do a poo between each one - why on earth is this!

Sorry if this is tmi ladies!

Well after 20 years quite a few things have happened, but I wont bore you with all of them.Now I will just say I am actually a mature professional therapist.....One of the spas i was working in did a japanese silk eye treatment,the receptionist used to get out our record cards in order and stick post it notes on with the treatment etc, I went to meet my client and picked up her record card to find the receptionist had abbreviated the treatment to "Jap Eye",I couldnt stop the laughter.

Dont ask me how I thought this possible but nearly 20 years ago I did my first gents chest wax and somehow couldnt see one of his nipples and thought id waxed it off,at the time I felt sick with fear and just thought how am I going to tell this guy"I think I have you nipple on my wax strip".

After doing a gents back wax,he got off the couch and as he turned around I could see a wax strip stuck to the back of his head(he had thick hair) took me ages to get it out:eek:

Oh my god, I have just been hysterically crying with laughter at the fact that you thought you had actually waxed his nipple off , its the way you have worded it too "I think I have your nipple on my wax strip" I cant stop laughing :) x x x

I've had a client trump while turning over for me to wax the back of her legs. She was in her fifties and very well to do. Farting makes me laugh and once I started I couldn't stop. I was actually crying, but trying to say I was sorry for this it was just nerves. Like holly and Phil do sometimes on this morning...... She glared at me the whole time with a horrendous look on her face like she wanted me to die! Awful, but I couldn't help it!

Another is I used to regularly get colds and sniffing up while you're doing massage, facials isn't very attractive, so to soak up the snot I used to put two screwed up pieces of tissue up each nostril with the rest hanging down...... Not that attractive but it worked. Ve had other therapist sneak in for things while I'm in there and have to leave through laughing!

Just reading through these again........this has made me cry with laughter as i find farting really funny too! Even when im on my own i have to laugh loudly at myself!
Sorry if tmi but.....At work the loo is next to the nail room and one day i was desperate to go. So sat my client down and just excused myself. I was trying to be quick so 'pushed' anf a huge fart came out and echoed!! I knew she had heard as u can hear everything from the nail room and obviously i started cracking up! It took me a while to compose muself and return to her. Nothing was said!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I am in stitches. I don't think I've laughed this hard for a very long time.

My most embarrassing moment was I was doing a clients nails luckily I'd done her for years I had the cold she said why don't you make your self a coffee something I'd never normally do and she made me laugh I had coffee all over her I could've cried though she was In hysterics I contined to do her nails for many more years thankfully

Haha - Can definitely relate to this one!!!
Hayley x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

These are brilliant sories!!

A few months ago, I had a new clinet in, i didnt hear her slip into the salon ( she turned up very early )
she sat down and waited in reception, during that time, i was on my mobile speaking to my mum when I cracked a colossal burp!! !
when i got off the phone thats when I saw the client waiting for me, she must of heard it, it sounded like a mating hart!:)

Latest posts

Back