Where did you get your website from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
hi

i am looking into getting a website and not sure where to get it from, which is the best etc.

where are your websites from and whats the price like?

thanks
xxxxxxx

Hiya,

At the moment i just have one of the free websites which you design yourself and don't have to pay for. If you go onto www.freewebs.com and have a look at there and you just register and then create :) i'm using that at the moment to get some customers and i have also registered on yell.com just for free advertising.

HTH's

xxx

microsoft small business is fantastic! Free hosting, no pesky untidy adverts, and free domain names so you dont need a poster sized business card to advertise your website on!!!

health hosts very good pay 10.29 per month very easy to design set up all been smooth and brill not needed to use their free help service as could not fault anything. def reccommend them

I got mine from mr site - website in a box!! You can design it yourself from one of their templates and it was quite easy to do. Mine is www.hrhbrackley.co.uk if you want to look at the sort of thing you can do with it!

hth and good luck x

My cousin is in the process of doing mine. He is a computer programmer and knows everything about computers. As he is family, he is not charging me so bonus (although i did give his wife a free hair cut and colour).
Sometimes it's not what you know :)
I need someone in my family to marry a solicitor now, oh and an accountant oh and ..........................

microsoft small business is fantastic! Free hosting, no pesky untidy adverts, and free domain names so you dont need a poster sized business card to advertise your website on!!!

hi

Do you not need to pay for the microsoft small business after a year? or did I miss-read it somewhere???:confused:

Ruth Mills from this site is making mine as we speak,
it is coming along nicely and very competitively priced considering all the hard work that she puts into building them,
quite a few happy geeks have a website that Ruth has built, hth :hug:

Ruth Mills from this site is making mine as we speak,
it is coming along nicely and very competitively priced considering all the hard work that she puts into building them,
quite a few happy geeks have a website that Ruth has built, hth :hug:

hi loubylou

Can you pm me the prices she gives to use geeks if you dont mind? im using one off these freewebs ones at the mo.... Thanks x

I got mine through vistaprint. Its free for the 1st month but after that for unlimited pages its £10.97 a month (a little high I think especially since it says its about £8.00 a month until they add their VAT on!)

The perks though you can have the matching business cards, car decals etc. I like the site....Bad points site stats are bad! Only gives you location of views, search engines and words used and links viewed from other sites. I dont like the stats!!

I have used freewebs before which are really good you just don't get all the matching buisness stuff etc! but you can have as little or as many pages as you like for about £6-£7 a month, really good site stats, gives you dates, times, locations, ip address etc etc (really good!) you can also add the subscribe tools and bookmark tools etc so much better for pulling in extra customers.

Both have pros and cons I suppose!

Hope this helps or maybe I've just confused you!

Kim x

Iv just had mine completed by a fellow geek, seanny. He made it all very easy for a complete non computer person like me!!! It went live about 10 days ago and Iv already had business from it:):)

hi loubylou

Can you pm me the prices she gives to use geeks if you dont mind? im using one off these freewebs ones at the mo.... Thanks x

It all depends on what you are wanting really but she is very reasonable and a lovely person,
just send her a pm hun and let her know what you wanting and she will let you know how much, hth :hug:

step one look out for people who say " they know everything about computers " a good website has nothing to do with computer experts. it has to do with marketing, layout, navigation, feel, clarity, purpose, compatibility, and on top of all that , what do you want your site to do ? anyone can get you or you can build your own site but thats the easy part !

and dont forget, is it search engine friendly , will google be happy to index it ? theres way more to a website than most people realise.

most folks have know idea what " search engine compatibility " is and thats what its all about ( after ) you have your site created ! as i say making a site is a breez and can be cheap but will it do what you want it to do, afterall, you could have the best looking salon in the world but its no good unless it has a door to get in or a telephone number to call it !

hey racheal , that mrsite.com tht you got your website looks good.:)
ive just been on to your website it lovely.
did you get the beginners pack , or one of the other ones ..its relly not bad priced for a one off payment of 19.99

i might look into getting one of them x

:hug:Mine is the standard one from vistaprint and free for 1st month, the £7.00 a month thereafter

I paid about 200 quid for a website after being approached by a company. I was really disappointed with it and regard it as a lesson learned. Am now having a proper one made by salon doctor. Will post it on here when its done.

When my hubby was setting up his own business (bathrooms) last year he looked at a few website designers and they wanted extortionate amounts of money, he came accross a guy on eBay and it cost £150 its fanatastic, since we had it done 5 other business friends have had thiers done also.
It depends on what your want, how many pages ect...

take a look there is also a link at the bottom to the guys website itself (dawnbreaker) on ours xx

www.h2obathroomsolutions.co.uk

HTH xx xx

When my hubby was setting up his own business (bathrooms) last year he looked at a few website designers and they wanted extortionate amounts of money, he came accross a guy on eBay and it cost £150 its fanatastic, since we had it done 5 other business friends have had thiers done also.
It depends on what your want, how many pages ect...

take a look there is also a link at the bottom to the guys website itself (dawnbreaker) on ours xx

www.h2obathroomsolutions.co.uk

HTH xx xx

I'm not knocking your site, it looks very professional in appearance which is ideal once your visitors (potential clients) have arrived, ie, IF they already know where your site is located because you've already told them the address, or becasue they've seen the address written on your leaflets, flyers, etc. Why do I say this? Your site uses a FRAMES setup, and most web experts will tell you that this is a very unsatisfactory arrangement as FRAMED websites are not search engine friendly. Simply put, this means that your site is unlikely to be found by the search engines and consequently, highly unlikely to appear in any search results. To take this a step further, if someone enters a search phrase for "new bathroom installations in Sheffield", your site as it is right now wont be appearing in those search results.

If you wish to confirm this for yourself, simple enter your web addy into any search engine simulator.

Here's one to try : Search Engine Spider Simulator

For anyone else considering a new site (regardless of the cost), establish right at the outset if your designer intends to use Frames, if he does and refuses to give you any alternative, get a different guy.

Last edited:
Seanny is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did my site and is always there for me and I trust him implicitly, I get loads of business from my site.

Thanks mate xxxxx:hug:

Hi all I got mine done my a guy named geoff he is just fab and as you can see from my web site it is clear crisp and sharp and has everything i wanted on it . He has done other website and i looked at these before i ask him to do mine and just loved the clearness of them and how great they looked and the price was very reasonable to which always helps , he aways made sure i was happy with everything before it went live and if i didnt like something it was changed straight away.Everyone that has see my site loves it and its really bringing in the customer as it was desiged to do. Posh Pinks-Nails & Beauty Plymouth take a look and see what i mean you can also see some of geoff work by clicking on the link at the bottom of my site. xxx

Latest posts

Back