Which do you find gets asked for more - Shellac or Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I have done a search like I always do but nothing really came up to answer my question as such, plenty did come up but nothing specific to what I wanted to know. Things like whats more popular came up but not anything like what gets asked for more? (I always search before starting a new topic)

Which do you find gets asked for more? Gelish or shellac.

I have money in my bank account & I'm backwards & forwards on which to buy into :( I don't want to buy a full system & regret which one I've bought. So the last few days I have done some mega researching (literally all day everyday) lol

Still no closer to making a desicion! I can't afford both so it's one system or the other, how hard is it choosing?!

Thanks for any input x

Hi lush, I use both, but people ask & know shellac by name and have contacted me because of my shellac logo in Facebook. Love them both, clients have them 40/50 but have to say shellac I'm asked for by name. X

I have both and have had the training for both.
I got Gelish as they have done great colours and huge variety, they offer a structure gel which was a draw to the range. It's suitable for most people.
I bought Shellac as I thought I should try it... I have not looked back since. Now that Brisa Lite has been launched that's fabby.
My clients choose the colours they like. I have more Shellac than Gelish now, due to people asking for colours.

I like both systems.

I chose 2 CND lamps to cure my products rather than 1 CND lamp and 1 Gelish lamp.
The CND lamp is a great lamp, easily programmable and nice visible timer, fan for comfort etc.

I started with Shellac and then brought in Gelish. I still stock Shellac but i would say 90% of my clients have Gelish due to the fab colour range, strength & staying power. I still believe Shellac is a great product but i am defiantly a Gelish girl :) x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Thanks for your replys.

Still haven't ordered lol, I 'think' I'm going with shellac, will have another little think then just order quick before I change my mind again!

will report back when I've made a desicion xx

I currently use Bio but I have purchased Gelish just and just used it on a client of mine, I thought it was absolutely fab. Great range of colours too. Can't comment on Shellac though, sorry.

Thanks for your replys.

Still haven't ordered lol, I 'think' I'm going with shellac, will have another little think then just order quick before I change my mind again!

will report back when I've made a desicion xx

Try them both on your own nails before you buy so you can make an informed decision.

Hi hun, I am just starting out and was just like you! Unsure as there were so many brands. After visiting the PB show this week, i decided on Gelish. I am based in Herts and went to their London/Herts office today to meet the team again and i have signed up to do their conversion course and got my student kit. I am really pleased ss i always kept coming back to Gelish. Xx

I use both. Clients ask for shellac but when they see gelish they choose gelish 9 times out of 10. Once they try both they tend to go for gelish after. In fact I havent used shellac for a few weeks until today but use gelish all day long!

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fab!

I started with Gelish then bought in Shellac due to requests but I actually get asked for Gelish more often. I carry a range of 'classic' Shellac colours for those die hard fans, gotta be able to meet any requests, but I would say Gelish is by far the most asked for product. I've carried Gelish for over 2 years , almost from launch and in the beginning had to promote it but not anymore, I get asked for it!

Arguably they're very different in product and application but in my humble experience for the clients it's generally a colour choice. For your info unless you have very ridged or very flaky nail the removal of the shine on the natural nail is not necessary for Gelish which then makes the preparation very similar to Shellac.

Have you experienced both as a client yet ? A fun way to research and see what your thoughts are.

Have fun xxxx

Shellac all the way for me we never get asked for any thing else

When all this "gel" business really took off it wa shellac being asked for. I got gelish due to colour range and hearing it lasts longer etc. and im glad i did because i think gelish have really upped their name. Thats all i get asked for now and in glad i can say yes i do gelish!! X

I trained in Shellac because I had people ringing up asking if I did it.

Never had anyone ring and ask for any other brand.

That's not to say which is best..... I've only done Shellac so wouldn't be able to comment. Just that Shellac is better known and there is much more brand awareness as it is mentioned in magazines and celebs wear it.

I agree, you should try both on your own nails first before making a decision, that is what I did. I have to say Gelish is more asked for round here though, it has a massive Celeb following now!

The client's I have who have had Shellac, now prefer Gelish as it's harder wearing on them hth x

I picked Gelish as shellac wont stay on me or family members, Gelish is more hard wearing, which i need as i'm a hairdresser.xx clients have never asked for a certain one really.xx

They are different things, really, for doing different jobs, and suitable for different people. Shellac is a power polish, and the removal is very gentle.

They are different things, really, for doing different jobs, and suitable for different people. Shellac is a power polish, and the removal is very gentle.

The removal of Gelish is also very gentle if done properly and you don't have to buff off the shine on the natural nail if you prep properly, I never do and never have any problems.

Clients want strong, shiney nails that last in a good choice of colours. Often they don't actually care that much what product you are using or even sometimes how you do it. If they did the NSS all over the world wouldn't be so busy :lol:

The OPs questions was "What do you get asked for more?" Personally, I have never been asked for Shellac only Gelish. But I assume this is because it is all over my website.

I still think the OP should try both products on her own nails and then decide. Its such a big investment.

Our clients have never asked for anything but Shellac and the only thing they ever get is Shellac. Pure Class.

I've never been asked for Gelish, not once, my clients want, and get, Shellac. I dont think you can go wrong with it. Clients have heard of Shellac because CND/S2 have already done the marketing for you therefore will seek out salons that offer Shellac.

I've never been asked for Gelish, not once, my clients want, and get, Shellac. I dont think you can go wrong with it. Clients have heard of Shellac because CND/S2 have already done the marketing for you therefore will seek out salons that offer Shellac.

So MANY ASK SPECIFICALLY FOR SHELLAC that S2 have set up a salon locator for people to find genuine Shellac professionals who are using the whole system and CND protocols and who have signed themselves up to be on it.

It is very important to S2 that consumers/clients get what they are asking for instead of people using other products that they claim is Shellac or LIKE Shellac and hoodwinking clients in to thinking they are getting Shellac. It's here if you would like to take a look ... I do not know of another company who has invested in their professionals in the same way in order to help their businesses grow.
Shellac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back