Who actually wears stilettos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,Im so interested to know if anybody actually wears stilleto nails all the time???

Ive seen some lovely work on here and in the Scratch mag, but Im just curious to know if techs actually do them ,take a photo and then file them down to a more wearable length???

The reason I asked I brought some stilleto tips and tried them out for myself...only on my left hand..but even just on that , I soon had to take them down.:confused:

So tell me do you file them down after or keeep them at this length and how the devil do you manage???:lol:

The only people I have EVER seen wearing stiletto nails is the nail techs who create them.

Never in all my travels etc have I ever seen a 'client' wearing stilettos. AND I look out all the time for things like this and nail art too .... where is it all??? All the techs on here who 'claim' that 99% of their clients wear nail art ... where is it then? I'm afraid I do not include coloured tips as nail art or glitter tips .. to me that is all in a days work but even then ... I only ever see technicians wearing it at events etc.

I did a stilleto on my little finger, I caught it within hours and it flippin hurt so that came off straight away :eek:
I dont mind the odd delicate bit of nail art and love it on toes and love to look at the nail art posted on here, but the nails I like best are a natrual looking nail that looks like a really well manicured natrual nail, I've even gone off french now !!! I know people on here will find that dead boring !

I have two hairdresser coworkers that consistently wear stilettos, but they are not outrageously long. From them wearing them, I have gotten 2 clients that asked for them. One just gets a full set occasionally (always stilettos), but doesn't come for fills, and the other does a funky set of them every few months, but wears square the rest of the time. I do wish I had a bit of a younger clientele that would wear them, but alas...the young ones don't have the money or responsibility to be a regular client that books 2-3 months ahead and doesn't cancel on a whim.

Hi,
I would wear them all of the time if I had someone in my area who could do them.
I had them for my hols, but had to travel to a geek friend :hug: to get them done. They were awesome. There is a pic of them on geek profile 1999judy. Pink glitter.
I do however wear them on my little fingers all of the time, with the rest of my nails square, they never break on me and they are long, I have a couple of clients who think they may have them just on little fingers too.
I obviously don't use my little finger much :lol:.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

I have worn a set that I have done for a few days, a week at the most but they were just too impractical so I soaked them off and put on some short p&w's. They were a good conversation starter though.

When I do a stiletto now it's usually just on one or two nails because I feel like doing a design on them, once I have and I've taken my pic I do then file it back down to a short length. They're nice to look at but I just can't do anything with them apart from scratch myself up (I'm talking about long stiletto's).

I have a fantastic set of stilettos on just now and have had them for over 2 weeks. So far i have not had one accident with them (but probably will now i`ve said that):lol:. They are reasonably long but arent causing any problems. I only got them to see what they were like because i``ve read so much about them recently, but would definately get them again.
Just have to mention it was fifitrix who done them and they are amazing, ive got 10 different nails, all different colours and could not pick a favourite, they are all fab. Thanx francesXXX :hug:

Hi Geeks,Im so interested to know if anybody actually wears stilleto nails all the time???
Not all the time, no. There so many other beautiful shapes. ;)

The reason I asked I brought some stilleto tips and tried them out for myself...only on my left hand..but even just on that , I soon had to take them down.:confused:
I don't like stilettos tips. Stilettos need to be sculpted - IMO

ps) Yes, and they are pretty manageable - at least I don't have any problems I thought I would have.

I do!!!!!!!!!

I do!!!!!!

:)

/I see that my Fotos are popular :) ..niiiiiiiiicccccccceeeeee ..

Everybody need somethimes a fresh wind......

Never in all my travels etc have I ever seen a 'client' wearing stilettos. AND I look out all the time for things like this and nail art too .... where is it all???

You was in wrong Countrys Gigi.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ilive in Germany but I was born in Poland and Iam often there.

East Europe and Asia and South America - all wearing long Nails,all wearing nailart....

I think its depent of Country Middle Europa /Germany, Schwizerland or France and -how I see here - also UK) wearing natural nails.

Nederlanden, Belgien, Tschechei or italy- there are many of Stilettos fans....

It seems to be like with Fashion - the same THING could be in London "Trendy" in mailand "NO-GO".

This is beautiful - we are different!

I don't like stilettos tips. Stilettos need to be sculpted - IMO

100 % right.
There is no stiletto Tips- that is a Monster but not a nail!

A Stiletto nail ist a SCULPTURE, architekture ,magic!
Like Manolos or Louboutin - not for everybody ,not for 21 Jump Street but for 5th Avenue Feeling :)

You like them or You hate them- but You watch it !!!!!!Always!

I wear them 99% of the time and i have to have artwork too lol,
i have one client that will wear no other shape at all,
but she only has nail art when going away on holiday,
i would honestly say 95% or more of my nail clients all wear short P&W, hth

I wear stiletto nails but not all of the time, and definitely not 'extreme' length ones! :eek: I tend not to go for the nailart on them either.

I like stiletto nails because I don't tend to trash the shape of them like I do when wearing other shaped nails :green:

The only people I have EVER seen wearing stiletto nails is the nail techs who create them.

Never in all my travels etc have I ever seen a 'client' wearing stilettos. AND I look out all the time for things like this and nail art too .... where is it all??? All the techs on here who 'claim' that 99% of their clients wear nail art ... where is it then? I'm afraid I do not include coloured tips as nail art or glitter tips .. to me that is all in a days work but even then ... I only ever see technicians wearing it at events etc.

Living in spain i would have thought you would have seen more stiletto nails and nail art. As its very popular in the spanish comunity, then again your in benissa which is quite english. I must say that at least 70% of my clients have some sort of acrylic or gel nail art on their nails as thats my especiality and some 20% of those have stilletto nails. Obviously it also depends on their work etc because for some people its just not as comfortable.

Living in spain i would have thought you would have seen more stiletto nails and nail art. As its very popular in the spanish comunity, then again your in benissa which is quite english. I must say that at least 70% of my clients have some sort of acrylic or gel nail art on their nails as thats my especiality and some 20% of those have stilletto nails. Obviously it also depends on their work etc because for some people its just not as comfortable.

Maybe you might think it would follow, but it doesn't and I am in touch with all the nail artists in the area and none of them do much at all in the way of nail art (although Minx is starting to take off for toes). Most of the techs I deal with do many Spanish clients and a good cross section of Europeans too. The Spanish clients adore natural looking nails with long nail beds and very short whites. The English are the last to pay out any extra for anything in the way of nail art.. Also just to put you straight .. Benissa is a Spanish town and could not be classed as English in any way. I live in the campo and have no English neighbors at all.

Maybe 100% of clients would wear nail art if they didn't have to pay for it .. who knows. You say your clients wear it .. but do they pay what they really should be paying for it?

All I know is that wherever I travel in the world (which is extensive) I do not see it being worn and yet I see enhancements everywhere!! Funny that. I am well aware of the countries where nail art is popular and where I travel it is not.
People can argue the point all they want ... but the evidence is not out there in Europe anyway.

As to shape, I am not talking about short almond or stiletto shape ... I thought this post was about the extreme stuff.

Last edited:
I live in Valencia (if that qualifies as being Spanish enough lol :rolleyes:) and I haven't seen one set of stiletto nails anywhere locally OR in the city. The nail art that I've seen tends to be just the odd flower here and there, nothing proper 'arty'... the only embedded or 3d art I've seen is on the nails of the EZFLow distributor in Valencia... and that's it!

As Gigi said, the Spanish ladies seem to prefer the natural look, they like a lot of nail bed and a very thin free edge... a classy look I'm sure you'll agree :wink2:

When I was living in Spain my boss at the nail bar I worked at asked me to do Stilettos on her when I first saw them in Nails Magazine from USA. This was ages ago. She liked them and has worn them ever since. She works in the nail bar as well as running it. So daily use of her hands. She has a different colour on each finger. Good for showing off the various colours of acrylic we did. She is however quite an extrovert. Personally I think they only look right if worn long.

i would love to have stilettos but no one in my area does them and im not good enough to do them myself yet. :cry: i would love to try them though will have to have a look if any geeks are near to me that can do them

I have my first set on at the moment having been inspired by seeing the girls at Young Nails in Manchester both wearing them and applying them in the salon to a couple of ladies. They are not the exaggerated long ones in the arty photos but much longer than I would normally wear. They have encased art in the tips and I absolutely love them.

I have learned, over the years, that we should try things, at least once, before we offer them as a service. That way we have an idea of the problems clients may have with them. I must admit, I never really fancied them and though I would have someone's eye out with them! To my surprise I find them easier to wear than any other shape! There are no corners to catch, or sides to bash, they also feel stronger, very different to what I thought.

Not every client will want them, probably only a few but they are easy to do and you don't need to buy any different products or invest in any different equipment to offer them. Variety is the spice of life, so they say, so why not just try just one, maybe on a little finger and see what you all think? You might be like me, although I think I might have a reputation as being a bit like the mad cat woman in the Simpsons, :lol: xxx

To my surprise I find them easier to wear than any other shape! There are no corners to catch, or sides to bash, they also feel stronger, very different to what I thought.

xxx

Yes,yes,yes..... !!!!

F.e. : I hate square-form! its also unnatural - who had a natural square-nails???

:eek::eek::eek::green:

Latest posts

Back