Who is best

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willie

Reaction score
what is the general opion: who has the best liquid and powder? and which line?
there are so many on the market.

Hi Willie,

Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers :)

Look at REPUTATION and you will find THE answer you seek.

Look at which companies are high profile and have a reputation for being the best (have they won awards for training? What are the competition winners using?? WhAt are the NAMES in the industry using? What are the best high end salons using?) This is where you will find your answers.

For that matter look at this site and go to 'search' and put in the names of product lines and see what the technicians are saying.

I use Creative Retention+ and love their powders too.

Ezflow products are also highly regarded, although I haven't used them.

Why not send for try-me-kits from a few suppliers and see what you like best.

You will find the majority will say Creative but I trained with NSI products at college and they suit me fine.

It's personal preference at the end of the day.

I am an Ezflow gal through and through!
I love the L&P, all those colours and glitters!!
But I woluld also say its what works for you. I would go for the try me kits as suggested.

Geeg is right.......

I have only worked with Creative so cannot give you any other opinion other than that they are the best for me.

I have had fantastic training, and just love the products. The reputation is globally very high, and I love the support you get as a tech from the minute you start your tech career.

If you can affrd it, try and get a few "test me" kits. Creative do them and I should imagine other companies do too. See what you think and make a decision.

But in all honesty you cannot go wrong with Creative in my opinion.

Good luck shopping and testing :)

Love
Marslie

For me - as a convert from Star L & P it has to be Creative that gets the thumbs up. Not just the product but the training too.
Jules
:green:

Having tried L & P by Star Nails, Galaxy, Pure Nails and IBD I have now settled with EZFlow and love it.

Spend a couple of days (it will takle you that long :lol: ) to read through other Technicians thoughts on the search facility.

It's all in what works for you! We used Tammy Taylor in school, that was okay but I wanted to take a look around. Then I took a Creative course, lots of great pedicure and manicure products that I still use, but I didn't care for the L&P (don't beat me up please!!!). Their L&P was a little too quick setting for me. But I've been turned onto EZFlow, and they work best for me (creamier consistancy, little longer working time).

I'd say get a few try-mes and see what you like. It all depends on your style, needs and personal preference.

Hi

I like cnd ret+ for pink and whites i am a fast worker so it suits me fine.
I lurve ezflow's glitter powders though! I use their liquid and you do have ages to play with it.

So i suppose it really depends on you and your needs.

There are about 10 maybe 12 companies out there supplying reputable L&P, Gels, Fibreglass etc etc.

That question is just like asking " which soap opera is the best ; Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale?"

There is no right answer. (and it always causes a stir judging by past threads)

Take everything you hear about a company, digest and bear it in mind.
Take it on board and remember it's not all about "who places the biggest ad's" "who gets talked about the most" "who's the most competative" "who wins awards" and "who's name is most recognised"

You should find what suits you! Speak with these companies and judge for yourself: Call them, contact them, ask about a demo or sample kit. Compare their training, customer service and above all quality of product.

Just for the record i have tried NSI, Creative, Star Nails, E Z Flow, Young Nails, OPI, Tammy Taylor and Ceasers, not nessassarily in that order.
Out of all of them I would give maybe 2/3 of them my business. And judging by other people's comments Im not amongst the majority.

Make your own mind up sweetie! It's your business so don't be brainwashed.
Luckily most posts will just give you there own personal opinion but others seem to read as though their on commission!

Pick up one of the industry mags, go to the shows and find out what suits you. GOOD LUCK

Although I'm Creative trained and biased, I believe there's room for everyone.

However, I go to an independent wholesalers for various things and asked the owner who really knows his stuff, what he thought the best liquid was. He said that with no shadow of a doubt, Creative are the best in the world, in his words "Nothing can touch them". He owns nail salons in Texas, USA and they wouldn't use anything else.

I thought this was particularly good as although he sells a few different brands of liquid, he doesn't sell Creative (you have to be trained by them to buy it). HTH. xxx

hiya willie
let me start by saying that even though i now educate for creative nail design, i dont earn any money from selling products as i dont have a one-stop nail shop.
i've been in the industry for 16 yrs and ive only represented creative for the last 3 yrs.
i had won compititions in my own right before then, and done photographic shoots.
i spent the 1st few yrs trying just about every product on the market, (like a lot of us do) and chose the best for me.
there are really 3 things for you to consider:
1) finding a product that gives you all that you need from it.
2) finding a company that can give you the back up of the research and development of their products (you would b amazed as to haw many companies do not manufacture their own products)
3) you need to consider how that company projects itself and it's products. you will have heard that certain employers require specific qualifications from specific companies. also, possible clients will see a brand name and request it.

your 1st step is, (as it has been suggested) to approach a few of the companies mentioned on this thread. ask for a trial kit and for their education literature.
then, play with all that you receive, read all that you have been sent, and make the decision that feels good for u.

lastly, people will often comment in a negative way about how passionately some people respond with regards to their chosen product line.
when a simple question is asked, their is nothing to be ashamed about answering that question in a passioate and informed way.

have fun with your trial kits!
liza

ps, sorry i forgot to say that moxie by cnd is currently my favourite liquid, as it sets fast and makes the colours "sing"!
liza x

thank you honary geek for your words of wisdon, i will now set off on my quest to find the best of the best, that is of course if i don't get lost in the process. wish me luck

I purchased a retention + try me kit today, i love it

I love retention+ by Creative nail design and their L&P, files and manicure & pedicure products. But have to say I love the EZ Flow powders as well, the clarity of colour is fantastic and really smooth & creamy.

At the end of the day it is what you find works best for you. Ez Flow (navigator on here) Maria is lovley if you contact her she can sort you out with a trial kit and so can Leeds head office for Creative.

i take it you have to be trained to purchase these try me kits??

Tammy Taylor acrylics are my fave. Her traditional is awesome and the odorless is excellent. Her training is excellent as well. I also really like and OPI's clarite'/absolute lines. I used creative years ago. There is a creative product available at Salley's beauty supply in the U.S. that is very good and I've used it in a pinch because it's always available. For the last year, I've been hooked on Le Chat which is a gel and powder mix. For me, TT is #1, OPI # 2 (the specific lines I named) in terms of acrylics.

Latest posts

Back