Why don't you "do" feet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love doing pedicures it is so relaxing for me and the client.
i also like putting lots of diamontes on their big toes in the summer as it looks fantastic i had mine done last year and when iwent to pick up my new car the guy noticed my toes and booked his wife and daughter in before they went on holiday xXx

Lots of NHS chiropodists will not just cut the toenails of the elderly . They only want ot deal with bunions, corns, ingrown nails etc. So I've found a gap in the market - I cut the toenails, file them smooth and apply a bit of cream around the cuticle area. £5 - nae bother - for a 10 minute job. Most people, if they know they're coming to you, wil l have nice clen feet, but I liberally douse them with antibac spray anyway.

I do gel toes which are great!!! I can just about cope with nails on toes but all the other stuff? Bleugh! That's just me - can't be doing with all that hard skin & thick toenail malarky!! Gel toe clients are usually my enhancement clients & they always make sure their feet are clean & non smelly!! Fortunatley my time in the salon is mostly booked up with L&P enhancements so no time for pedicures!!!

I don't particularly like doing feet, but they are good money earners. I can make alot more doing pedis then doing enhancements, so I'm happy to do them.

i like doing pedi's

i also LOVE having one but no one to return the favour:cry:

amb x

But the difference in the before and after is the most amazing thing.

I feel the same way! There was only on client i never go back to her, first time happened.

I just got a parrafin bath, and i was woundering if any of you use parrafin in you pedicure treatment ??

I need to make a confession here - I've never had a pedi...... BUT, I really want one!! Any offers?? I'll pay gping rate....!

I will polish toenails and do gel toes butI haven't done any pedi training (yet), so if people ask I say I will polish or gel their toes but that's it...... I need to do the Spa Mani and Spa Pedi day soon!

I can't say feet have the most appeal for me, but I like the thought of adding another income stream......

i quite like doing feet , apart from the ones with really bad feet :eek: but even then i do em , i think feet get so neglected and it is a really relaxing treatment so i always try harrass people into having them , lol

I haven't read all the answers in this thread ..... BUT
I now do feet, it took me 18 years to get my head around it, for various reasons. Now i quite like doing them, but no way as a primary source of income although I charge much more for feet per hour than nails.
I kinda love picking at them and beautifying them, i also make most of my own products ( a secret that will remain secret) until it's bottled.
I soak feet for 10 mins before i touch em (after checking for contras).... i overlap appointments so soak time doesn't affect me.
The most difficult part of doing pedicures for me was getting over the felling that i was "subservient".
My way around this was to charge like a wounded bull, but offer a pedi like they have never had before, i have very strong hands (as a man does) and i go mid thigh with massage, after the soak i concentrate a good hour on pampering their feet and many almost need to be scraped off the chair with a shovel. I do max 2 per day, if people want to book for pedis i say "no" unless i'm in the mood.
I love to finish of the day with a pedi, i have a great little chair and while i am doing them, i utilise this time and the posture i am in to stretch my own back, exfoliate my own hands and leave the salon feeling like i have given myself a treatment.
Something i have noticed though..... pedicures are more draining on me..... i seem to absorb more from the client and really need to shake it all off after i've finished.

I don't particularly like doing feet but if someone wanted a pedi or gel toes I would not have a problem doing them. Not many people ask for them though, in fact I have only had one customer for gel toes and if I did'nt keep up my pedi practice on my husband and family, I would'nt have done a pedi since I left college.

Guess I will chime in here. I have done maybe 5 pedis in all of 25yrs of doing nails. I don't like messing with ppl feet, I don't like the water mess, I don't like standing on my head to put polish on little toes. but the worst thing for me is fitting my texas size butt on a stool made for a toddler :green: Plus the wear & tear on my poor knees.
then comes the price issue, ppl will not pay for pedi, what I can get for other service's in that same time slot. Its not worth it for me to do them at all. In fact , there is a pedi throne in my nail room, that is going to be removed, due to it takes up to much space, & its not condusive to santition issues. If we decide to have a pedicurist, we will use glass/pottery/stone,/metal etc foot bowls. No where in my world of doing nails, is it said I must do feet because I am nail technicion. I leave that to the one's who want to do them :eek: :eek: I make more money not doing them.

i dont do feet as i have tara in the salon to do them instead of me!.........lol

no joking aside.... i dont mind the odd pedi and i do have cl,ients who hve overlays on their toes...... and if tara is busy ill do a pedi :)
infact i quite like to get 'stuck in' with the old crystal mineral scrub and ..... oooo how can i forget the buttermint buffing scrub....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've thought about this often.
SO many techs don't touch feet. They may well train to do pedis etc but once trained they refuse point blank to do them.
I don't mind as I get a lot of business due to this, but have you actually thought about the income that you are losing?:confused:
If you don't "do" feet you are missing out on a lot of trade.
When you started out in this career did you think about this?
Pedis, gel/acrylic toenails, nail art.
When the summer comes this is a massive source of income.
Are you prepared to miss out on a major part of the industry?
If so, why?
Did you think about this before you started training?

So glad you started this thread as i am one who "refuses" to do feet! I do not offer pedicures because i HATE feet! LOL i know that i sound silly, but feet have always grossed me out since i was a kid...i know i am missing out on the extra money, but i dislike looking at and touching feet SO much that the money just is not worth it to me. The only feet i touch are mine, and babies feet are ok too lol :)

Its true that feet MING!

But I dont really mind.

I love doing gel overlays on toes - its doubling the income for an extra 30 mins work.

I dont really like doing full pedis as they take time to set up and sometimes the client want more hard skin off (dont they always want more!!)

I also do a mini pedi which is just tidying the toes up pushing cuticles back, oil and a quick footspray and painting for £10 only takes about 30 mins. clients have usually washed feet first or showered then I use a sanitising gel to cleanse.

When you think hands have more history than feet - you know where their feet have been - where have their hands been? Lets not go there!

Well...I love doing feet, people seem to forget about this part of their body and concentrate on their fingers.
I love doing a new set of gel toes. the bfore and after is just amazing they leave with a spring in their step! lol
Nic

I really love doing pedis - especially the Creative Spa one. This is my most expensive pedi but once someone has had it they never go for anything else.

My clients say that a pedi is more relaxing than almost anything else and I just love watching them unwind before my eyes.:)

Latest posts

Back