Will you vote today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
Sorry but I want to have a nag.....
I've been confined to quarters with a health prob this week but I had to make the effort to go to the polling station.
I'm not going to make this biased politically; my opinion is that I don't care how people vote as long as they do. I think it's particularly important for women as it's not that long historically that we didn't have the vote at all.
Rant over! What do you think?

I totally agree with you I think it is really important to vote especially as a woman. I always vote and I also think that if you don't you really cant complain about anything afterwards if something happens that you don't like because you should of voted.

Well done for going even when your unwell and I hope you feel back on top form soon

I don't vote.I would't even know who to vote for lol. I have to agree with Lauraj about you shouldn't complain if you don't vote though!

I have just come back from voting. I went down to the station and was giving the forms. I asked for info on what each party is going to offer. And why each party wanted to voted in. I haven't got a clue what half of them were offering. And they had no info! I was shocked. I couldn't have been the only one who hasn't got a clue what each party has to offer. So it was all blank from me!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

They can't give you the info there though because it has to be nutral so that it doesn't sway anyones vote to what they want

I totally agree with the OP. We have the vote so should use it. You can't moan about what happens if you didn't contribute to the decision, after all.

Personally, I hate flogging down to the polling station so I vote by post. Sent my decision off two weeks ago. It saves going out in bad weather in the winter, or when I really don't want to, and I know it's done. Love being able to vote by post.

Of course we should all vote and if you have no political ideas or opinions then find out.Watch question time, its actually really good entertainment as good as Jeremy Kyle sometimes :).
Everyone should at least be aware how their local council are doing, are you happy with their services do they keep the streets neat,hows the rubbish collection what are the services like etc.If the answers no, then vote for someone else and see if they will do any better.If everything generally seems good then vote to keep the same ones in.

I also opted for postal voting, so much easier.

Completely agree with others regarding the female vote, Emmaline Pankhurst and the rest of the suffragettes were brave, courageous women and the least we can do is vote!

Jacqui xx

Quite agree with you Dandelionpoppy, I didn't feel like voting today after a day from hell at work, but I always think about the women who gave their lives so I have the right to vote. Also remembering the countries where people do not get the vote, or worse still where women do not get the chance to vote. Good on you !!!!

They can't give you the info there though because it has to be nutral so that it doesn't sway anyones vote to what they want

A fact sheet about each party and there promise!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Sorry but I want to have a nag.....
I've been confined to quarters with a health prob this week but I had to make the effort to go to the polling station.
I'm not going to make this biased politically; my opinion is that I don't care how people vote as long as they do. I think it's particularly important for women as it's not that long historically that we didn't have the vote at all.
Rant over! What do you think?

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

:)

Yes, Yes, Yes! I have always voted since the age of 18 as I feel if I don't, I can't complain, lol!

Very important to vote in my opinion.

Xx

I do postal voting too as I never know where I am on polling day.

I heard on the radio today that only one third of london voted yesterday and they are going to try and change the way in which they do it.

One of the proudest moments in my life was the very first time I got to walk into my local polling station, hand over my polling card, take my ballot paper and draw a cross, and then drop that piece of paper into a box. It took then, and it has taken every time since, less then fifteen minutes of my day. But each and every election I do it and enjoy the fact that I can.

I simply cannot understand how any would throw away or ignore the opportunity vote. It is just too important a task. A few minutes from one day every few years is all it takes.

Quite frankly I think the turnouts at our elections is shameful.

Mat

Hi all, i didn't vote because i did Evan know it was happening lol. I didint get anything through the post am i suppose to i don't really no how these thing work. I did the main election because i got letter through post. X

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I also got nothing through the post! I only knew because the house at the end of my rd turns his garage into a polling station.
I think if they want to get more votes then they need to work a bit harder. If all the info had come through my door and I knew who was claiming to do what then I would have voted!

I too got nothing through my letterbox and have been so busy the past few weeks even when I've managed to watch the news it hasn't really sunk in. We didn't get enough info about this election and so I didn't actually understand it... I don't see why we should vote on how to vote anyway, no system ever works, there will always be problems! I always vote for actual people though since I turned 18 especially general elections, rather have who I want in power even if IMO they are pretty much all the same lol

Latest posts

Back