Wimbledon - who else is supporting Andy Murray?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's daft innit? One question - if there was an English player, as good as Murray, how much exposure would he get then?

lol - this is English desperation at it's best! Murray once quoted that he'd support any football team that played against England - so I say; come on Roger!! :)

I think there is a big difference between the rivalry in football and that in tennis. David Beckham once said he would never support Scotland in the World Cup. That comment was said but the Scotts didn't make the same song and dance about it.

I am proudly Scottish but have lived in England for just as long as I did Scotland. I support Scotland in everything and the same goes for England - it is Britain afterall. You have a rivalry in many things - the north & south divide / Glasgow and Edinburgh rivalry - but thankfully at the end of the day most of us have a sense of humour and would always support our fellow Brits.

All Brits were behind Tim, even though he often wasn't in the same league but we were proud he was there. We have a real drought of good British players in Tennis and I think it is a shame you are missing out on being proud of the great achievement Andy has made so far:rolleyes: and you'll miss out even more if he actually does it.:lol:

When I have received very negative comments from the odd silly English person merely because I am Scottish, I just let it float over my head because I call it ignorance. Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion.

COME ON ANDY - Make Britain even prouder !!!!!!!!!:)

Oh how are your subscriptions doing North of the Border lol!:lol:

I think there is a big difference between the rivalry in football and that in tennis. David Beckham once said he would never support Scotland in the World Cup. That comment was said but the Scotts didn't make the same song and dance about it.

I am proudly Scottish but have lived in England for just as long as I did Scotland. I support Scotland in everything and the same goes for England - it is Britain afterall. You have a rivalry in many things - the north & south divide / Glasgow and Edinburgh rivalry - but thankfully at the end of the day most of us have a sense of humour and would always support our fellow Brits.

All Brits were behind Tim, even though he often wasn't in the same league but we were proud he was there. We have a real drought of good British players in Tennis and I think it is a shame you are missing out on being proud of the great achievement Andy has made so far:rolleyes: and you'll miss out even more if he actually does it.:lol:

When I have received very negative comments from the odd silly English person merely because I am Scottish, I just let it float over my head because I call it ignorance. Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion.

COME ON ANDY - Make Britain even prouder !!!!!!!!!:)

Oh how are your subscriptions doing North of the Border lol!:lol:

I think the point that everyone has missed - is that it's not a team sport, so you are supporting someone because of an accident of birth; the English, Scottish or Welsh teams in any sport will obviously encourage support - but Andy Murray isn't playing for Scotland, England or Outer Mongolia - he is playing for Andy Murray. We all just empathise because he is from here. It's not the same as team sport is it?

Scottish subs are very good ta :)

I think the point that everyone has missed - is that it's not a team sport, so you are supporting someone because of an accident of birth; the English, Scottish or Welsh teams in any sport will obviously encourage support - but Andy Murray isn't playing for Scotland, England or Outer Mongolia - he is playing for Andy Murray. We all just empathise because he is from here. It's not the same as team sport is it?

Scottish subs are very good ta :)

I think Andy is doing it for Britain and hopefully he'll do himself proud too - nothing wrong with that.

Have a break and chill :).

I think Andy is doing it for Britain and hopefully he'll do himself proud too - nothing wrong with that.

Have a break and chill :).

Sorry love, I think you're wrong

Well, I am 1 million % supporting Andy, and I am 1 million % English. I am not supporting him because he is our only hope, I am supporting him because he is an amazing tennis player, and I have followed his star rise from the start. My eldest son is a promising player, and is in a tennis academy, so I suppose I am more passionate about Tennis, lol!
I think Andy has huge pressure and expectation on his shoulders, and he is still so young! Support him because he is great at his craft, dont worry about what part of Britain he is from:eek:

That aside, what a match last night! I thought I was going to be sick with the tension of it! Well done Andy, you lovely, clever, BRITISH man pmsl!:lol::lol:

Well, I am 1 million % supporting Andy, and I am 1 million % English. I am not supporting him because he is our only hope, I am supporting him because he is an amazing tennis player, and I have followed his star rise from the start. My eldest son is a promising player, and is in a tennis academy, so I suppose I am more passionate about Tennis, lol!
I think Andy has huge pressure and expectation on his shoulders, and he is still so young! Support him because he is great at his craft, dont worry about what part of Britain he is from:eek:

That aside, what a match last night! I thought I was going to be sick with the tension of it! Well done Andy, you lovely, clever, BRITISH man pmsl!:lol::lol:

I'd go with that - he's a great player, and last night he really dug one out. Who cares where he comes from

I'd go with that - he's a great player, and last night he really dug one out. Who cares where he comes from

I`ll say ...... what a "nail Biting" match I had it on sky plus as I was working till 9pm and sat in my kitchen on my tod till 12.30 last night watching and screaming I dont care where he comes from I am from England live in Wales and hell yes I want him to WIN for Britain, Scotland & himself he deserves it.

I`ll say ...... what a "nail Biting" match I had it on sky plus as I was working till 9pm and sat in my kitchen on my tod till 12.30 last night watching and screaming I dont care where he comes from I am from England live in Wales and hell yes I want him to WIN for Britain, Scotland & himself he deserves it.

I'll buy that :) - he now has a very good chance of making at least the semi's. Roll on tomorrow

It sure was a real nail biter! Absolutely brilliant and I'm looking forward to his next game.

I felt sorry for his opponant because he really pushed Andy to the limit x:)

I didn't eat until about 10pm last night because neither me or my hubby could drag ourselves away from the TV. The atmosphere at Wimbledon must have been pure electric.

I was talking Andy Murray with a client this morning and she said -
"I'm not sure if I like him or not, but you have to support him because he's English isn't he?"
:eek::eek::eek:

I was talking Andy Murray with a client this morning and she said -
"I'm not sure if I like him or not, but you have to support him because he's English isn't he?"
:eek::eek::eek:

Oh Christ - we've come full circle!!!!!! lol :eek:

I know!!
I just sat there and nodded, whilst grimacing and laughing inside.:rolleyes:

lol. . .I think I actually posted a blog about this a while back; about how the further down a thread you go, the more it gets convoluted, changes track, and eventually comes full circle - sooo true :)

It's going to be a tense match this afternoon. I have everything crossed!

I still think Murray will do it; clear favouite with the bookies, who do not think he'll even drop a set -

will be interesting for sure

I still think Murray will do it; clear favouite with the bookies, who do not think he'll even drop a set -

will be interesting for sure

I think Rod****'s serve might give him one set, but that's about it. Once Murray gets his returns in, Rod**** won't have an answer.

Come on Andy (Murray)!

I think Rod****'s serve might give him one set, but that's about it. Once Murray gets his returns in, Rod**** won't have an answer.

Come on Andy (Murray)!

Oh dear, you have issues with Mr. R. . .former boyfriend?? :eek:

Oh dear, you have issues with Mr. R. . .former boyfriend?? :eek:

Lol, I didn't realise it had done that. Poor old Andy R doesn't look good on here does he!

Lol, I didn't realise it had done that. Poor old Andy R doesn't look good on here does he!

not really lol - that one is rooted deeply in your subconcious !!! :)

Bless him. Mr R looks a lot like my fiance, so I do have a slight soft spot for him.

Latest posts

Back