Would you take on and treat a Celebrity client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I've just 'acquired' my first celebrity client. I can't say who it is yet but she is part of a girl band and a model in loads of magazines like Nuts and was on X Factor.

She's been in touch through my Twitter marketing and I met her for the first time a few weeks ago. She wanted lip fillers and Botox.

I began my detailed and thorough history and consultation and realised that her lips were already really filled and her forehead was completely frozen. I advised her that she wouldn't benefit from any more treatment at this time but was welcome to come back in a few months once the botox had worn off and the fillers needed topping up.

However, she tried to insist on treatment and even said " I love the fake look like Jordan"!

Needless to say I still refused and a few months have passed now and she is ready for treatment and has been back in touch. I said that for a significant discount would she allow me to use her before and after pics for publicity using a professional photography which she readily agreed. ( I think she actually did expect a freebie treatment but it's too expensive to buy the products and do them for free so I said just cost price)

My only concern is treating celebrities as they are obviously in the media and god forbid something went wrong or they didn't like the end result then this would have consequences for the business!

However, if all went well then this would be a massive opportunity to publicise the business and would drive in clients as she moves in circles where they all have this done!

Any advice please fellow geekers?!

Adam

You are clearly completely professional and I admire you for sticking by your guns when others would have caved due to being star-struck.
Go for it.

Hi Adam
Your good at your job, rite??? Your not gonna do anything wrong
Go for it I say!!! X

Hi,

I'm relatively new to aesthetics but I've been a qualified nurse for six years and have worked my way up to one of the most senior clinical posts possible in the NHS by doing a degree in nursing, a prescribing course and I'm almost done with my Masters degree in Advanced Clinical Practice so I feel this makes me more able to fully assess clients for medical treatments in a similar way a doctor would.

I did stick to my guns as it's my registration and reputation on the line!

I tend to be very cautious with new clients and give a low to moderate dose treatment with a routine review two weeks later to assess the response. My mantra is that you can Always put more Botox or filler into a clients face but you cannot take it out so I feel the cautious approach is best until you get to know the individuals response to the treatment. (everyone responds differently to Botox!)

In addition to me doing the treatment I have arranged another experienced injector to come and supervise and assist in the treatment so I think this is extra safe!

It's just I did have some anecdotal evidence to 'stay away from people in the public eye' etc

But realistically, I believe my practice is safe and effective and have had consistently brilliant results for all my clients so far and they are now coming back to me after having been 'loyal' to other aesthetic nurses and even consultant dermatologists!

I also think one of the differences I offer is a more thorough assessment, complete contact ability if people have questions via my personal mobile and a mandatory two week review where treatment can be adjusted or tweaked or at the very least reviewed.

I believe that if you invest this time in the client they value your service more and can potentially remain with you for years and years and my clients are now starting to bring in friends and friends of friends which I'm obviously delighted with so I think I will go for it considering all the options and steps I've taken to make it as safe and effective as possible!

I'll keep you posted n the results once I get written permission to share the pictures etc!

Adam

Last edited:
Sounds like you're doing all the right precautions and an excellent way to receive some celeb endorsement.

Most of my celeb clients are not interested in free treatments for publicity .. they're more interested in promoting themselves as naturally beautiful (in the eyelash department anyway!)

Best of luck!

Francesca

I have no clue about bottox or anything but would defiantly treat a celebrity for what I do offer :)

Just wanted to post to say congratulations! :)
Your right, this will be amazing for business,treat her like any other client and I am sure you'll do great :)

Yes I have done loads, talk to me off line if you would like my p.o.v (point of view!)

Heidi Worman

Hi Adam.

Treat them exactly the same as your other clients………..in the strictest confidence. Charge them exactly the same unless they asked you to treat them out of hours or at their home. To be honest, unless it was someone really high profile and I'm talking Madonna or the Beckham's and the like, I would insist that they come to your salon. You'll be treating loads on celebs in your field and you'll find them really lovely and probably more nervous of you blabbing to the press.

You sound like a real pro so good luck with it all. My only observation would be that comments like 'I can't say who it is yet but she is part of a girl band and a model in loads of magazines like Nuts and was on X Factor.' gives a lot more away than you think and it really doesn't take a lot of working out who it is and could lose you business in the future. xox

I agree with Kim. Also you need to remember that this is an open forum and anyone can see it. People search for things in Google and Salon Geek just comes up.
Now if I was a celebrity and came across this post, it would certainly put me off using you. Why? Well, you've given too much information away already.
I would see this as blabbing and bragging. I'm not saying this was your intention but that is how, as a celebrity, I would see it.
There was no need to impart that information. All you needed to do was ask the question and ask advice without giving titbits of information away.
Yes I would treat celebrities but I would treat them the same as any other client and ensure discretion at all times.

For me I would treat them the same as every other client. My marketing is about me an my treatments, not who I treat.

Just because someone is famous they don't get any discount! They get the same loyalty scheme I offer all my clients.

I would rather get a reputation for good service and respecting confidentiality.

Also the celeb world is moves so quickly, today's a or b list is tomorrows z list.

The real celebs are the ones who do what everyone else does ... pay. The 'I'll recommend you to all my friends if you do a free treatment.' doesn't cut it with me. Pass enough referrals and you can then get a freebie as a thank you with my referral scheme, just like everyone else.

Mat

Hi Adam.

You sound like a real pro so good luck with it all. My only observation would be that comments like 'I can't say who it is yet but she is part of a girl band and a model in loads of magazines like Nuts and was on X Factor.' gives a lot more away than you think and it really doesn't take a lot of working out who it is and could lose you business in the future. xox

Spot on Kimmi. I have to say I agree strongly about this. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to not even hint towards a client's identity or celebrity status especially on a public forum or unless given the absolute OK.

It is excellent , however, that you refused to treat this client due to your assessment of what was in her best interest.

Hi Adam

You're not going to want to hear this but you have just commited the ultimate sin, as a fellow NMC member you have just breached patient confidentiality by detailing who this person is, you may not have mentioned names but you did clearly write where this person is known and it doesn't take Einstein to figure it out.

Anyhoo, I have very well known clients, I don't use them to build up my business as I don't need to. The very last one I didn't actually know who she was nor her very famous husband, so when I asked what brought her to England and she said her husband, I obviously asked what he did. She gave me a look as if to say "Are you serious?" She told me who he was and I just looked at her and said, "Oh sorry I don't take much interest in ******** so we spoke about other things and she was so relaxed and actually really pleased he or what he did wasn't mentioned again.

I and many others will personally steer clear of using famous people as an example as they are often looked at as z lists, or impose the "so what" attitude. One of my friends treated a world wide female singing star when she lived in London, very impressive (this person is one of my idols) but again it was not something that she would use to drive business.

They only have to go elsewhere and be pictured looking dodgy and then you are there saying "Look who I treat", you could get the blame, giving out a cheap treatment doesn't mean they'll come to you forever unfortunately. Just keep thinking what the NMC say about patient confidentiality and what repercussions there would be for breaking such things unless you have amn air tight contract in place that will not be frowned upon by the NMC. xx

Well I'm 19 and should really know all this but I've been racking my brain and don't have a clue who it is!! Haha x
So wouldn't worry too much, these days anybody famous has been on x-factor/BGT and ends up in nuts!! x

Also look at the HD brow website!
There's a celebrity testimonial page! Pics of all celebrities treated!

And I got a Vani-T brochure which has a list of all celebrities using it including Rihanna x

I think it's an great idea if she is okay with it to say you have treated her!

Pro's-
Boost of business
More celeb client

Con's-
....? x

Last edited:
Also if a celebrity approached me for a spray tan I'd find it hard not to jump in the tent with her, start taking photo's like a maniac and uploading them straight to facebook haha x
It's an exiting thing! x

Hi All...

I've already had permission to use her name and photos etc... I just didn't want to say it until I've decided what to do.

She's already been to the salon and has discussed it in an open forum online where she has thousands of followers so I'm afraid Tracey et al, there is no confidentiality issue here and I'm more than aware of these issues as a senior nurse still working in the NHS!

But thanks for your concern and I look forward to showing the pics soon.

Adam

Hi Geeks!

I've just 'acquired' my first celebrity client. I can't say who it is yet but she is part of a girl band and a model in loads of magazines like Nuts and was on X Factor.

Adam
Our comments were based on your initial paragraph where you mentioned that you 'couldn't say who it was'.

If your client is happy for you to go ahead and comment, then that's fine. I really do wish you well. Best wishes.

Fair enough... Yeah was just saying that as didn't wanna jinx it! And yeah, I wouldn't come in here breaching confidentiality and my post was definitely carefully considered. Just wanted some general advice about celeb clients.

All exciting stiff tho and can't wait to work with her again xxx

I think you may have gathered by now that posting on here you don't always get what you want to hear. However, again as it has already been said before, you have stated you couldn't say who this person was and yet you left a clear trail as to who it was even though our excited geek loux couldn't figure it out adn would herself have kittens if she had someone in her salon bless her. (hug)

Obviously you do know NMC standards as every nurse should and this includes things such as :
discussing matters related to the people in their care outside the clinical setting
discussing a case with colleagues in public where they may be overheard

These are all not acceptable and with you not being able to say who yet allowed us to know who this person is, it is a breach of confidentiality. Obviously if permission has been given then not a problem but then why would you initially say you can't say who it is?

You know me Adam, I'm not being mean or anything as I have helped you out heaps on here through private messages. This forum serves to inform all readers about certain matters and that is what we are all trying to offer advice on. Hope you've had a great weekend. xx

As I said in post above, I didn't wanna say straight away as I didn't want to jinx it.

An again it's not a breach of confidentiality if I have permission already from the client which is more than clear on the posts.

Didn't think anyone was mean, at worst a little negative but the post was about general advice not confidentiality as the info is already public and I had permission so
I'd rather just focus on the discussion of the positives and negatives of celebrity clients.

Adam

Latest posts

Back