Your opinions on wigs please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIVA.GLAM

Reaction score
I was having a drink in the city with my friend the other day and I saw this girl with lovely red, very long and shiny hair. I remember thinking it must be a wig because I couldn't see any signs of it being extensions. That or she has got a lovely head of hair naturally and a very good hairdresser! My friend came back from the toilets a bit later in the evening and said this girl was wearing a wig, she has very blonde hair but always wears this wig when she goes out. It's fantastic it looks so natural! I guess I noticed it wasn't her real hair because I can't help but talk to myself in my head about peoples hair all the time! (perhaps fellow hair geeks can relate?) My hair is quite short and as much as I would love to grow my hair long it's too flat and fine when I do try. So, I've just purchased a wig and it's gorgeous! I was going to wear it for a night out for my birthday in May but I'm a bit dubious about doing so. I've told my friend, nobody else, but everyone that knows me will know it isn't MY hair and I don't think I could help but feel conscious about it. So what I want to ask, be brutally honest please, what would you think to wearing a wig? I'm comfortable to wear extensions but am I going to make a show of myself to all my friends by wearing this wig?? If I can work out how to post pictures I will try attach one of the wig, and maybe of myself in my new hair so I can really get your opinions! Eep!

d56bbd09-4dc9-dd29.jpg

d56bbd09-4e04-82f0.jpg

hope it's showing! I've just got myself an iPhone and I'm slowly working my way around it!

I'd say go for it! I don't see how you'd be making a show of yourself as it's a gorgeous wig! Providing you wear make up etc that doesn't clash with it, there really shouldn't be any issues, other than your own confidence. I do love that wig! I recently dyed my hair that colourand love it. (Sadly, I have a lot of grey hair showing now lol, so next time I'm going to the salon to get something more natural to blend the greys in, but I have loved having my air that shade. I have short hair, and like my hair short as I have no patience for long hair, but if that wig in that colour comes in a nice short style........... ;-) )

Wear it out and have a great night out. Perhaps try it out before 'the' night out so you feel less 'conspicous' :D

Wig's rock! You change your shoes and bags when you go out - so why not your hair? There is a bit of fear of wigs by a lot of people - but I think they are awesome! Change your hair and style with your mood, what could be better.

Mat

Wig's rock! You change your shoes and bags when you go out - so why not your hair? There is a bit of fear of wigs by a lot of people - but I think they are awesome! Change your hair and style with your mood, what could be better.

Mat

I agree... I'd wear a wig, if I could just find one I liked enough.

Yours is gorgeous!!!

I second that---wigs rock. I have them too and I change them to suit my mood. My clients thinks its fab as they think its my real hair but I always felt the need to let them know its a wig (they still don't believe) and I sometimes take the wig off in front of them. hahahaha:biggrin: then they believe. Who has the time to do new their hair style every week? (meeeeee):wink2:

Try this site

www.contrastwigs.co.uk
I have not worn any of thier wigs,however i know alot of women have worn a wig due to personal reasons out of necessity.I hear the customer service is top notch,and the prices very reasonable.

I am told to look for a wig that has a natural hair line.hth

That wig is gorgeous.

People wear fake nails, fake tan, and hair extensions, so why not a wig?

Go for it.
Xx

I've been watching that James Brown great british hairdresser, and saw the week where they had wigs to cut and style and all about celebs wearing the all the time. When cut right I think they look natural and the wig you've pictured looks brill. Try it on and see!

Oh my god Ilvoe that wig and the colour! I'd love a wig too but not sure whether I'd feel dead self conscious, everyone is right though why should we? I have very fine hair in a jaw length bob and I'd love to have longer hair but it'd look like rats tails... Me thinks I'll give one a go too! :biggrin:

Just looked at ur photos wow I love ur wig and the style, x

Thank you all so much for your feedback! You've made such good points. I've been wearing it round the house to get used to it and when I take it off I feel naked!
I got it from http://www.annabelleswigs.co.uk/ and it's synthetic. Feels lovely but as you know with synthetic - no heat! But it doesn't need heat or restyling. I chose this particular one as it was a realistic length, short and choppy layers and it lays so naturally.
I will try and attach a picture or two so you can tell me if it looks daft on me! I feel like a wolly taking pictures of myself so don't laugh lol

Looks amazing hun!!!!I just got a similar one couple of days ago,its a little bit longer and has a fringe and its red.cant wait for it to be delivered!!yours looks so natural!!:hug:

Last edited:
I love it!!!!

If you hadn't told us it was a wig I'd have never known... you look so gorgeous, if I was you I'd wear that with pride :hug:

My hubby keeps telling me I should just get a wig as I'm never happy with my hair! I think its a good idea and would take all the hassle out of trying to grow it! I think yours looks great :) x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I've just looked at your picture of you wearing the wig & I think it looks gorgeous, not at all fake or wrong in anyway. I have recently had fantastic extensions & I love them. Go for it. All your friends & family will get used to it very quickly. My dad (66) told me he thinks my extensions look very natural & really suit me :)

Love the style, do you think it would look fake though? I'd want real hair I think, would make me feel less conspicuous! Lol anyone got a real hair one?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I like that one a lot. There are so many to choose from it's hard to pick one!

Thanks again for all the feedback. It is just so much easier than having to fluff about with my hair! I would like to get a real one when I get more comfortable with wearing a wig because the synthetic ones do malt!

Latest posts

Back