Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou nearlyme for that, very interesting.

Surely one smoothie a day is okay? You will still get the vitamins from the fruit?

They are ok for you but maybe one a day and not in place of seven portions of fruit and veg a day

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh it's such a confusing minefield. I was told juices remove the fiber but smoothies keep the fiber in as you keep the peel etc on? I found they help my stomach a lot in the mornings because you can take in all the nutrients without your digestion having to work to hard. Once a week I do a "detox" smoothie with coconut water, pineapple, kale and coconut oil. It's pinacolada. I only ever use fresh organic. But never use more fruit than you would eat. I once made one with 2 courgettes, mint, spinachcoconut water and lemon. My poor stomach wanted to puke it out half way through

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh it's such a confusing minefield. I was told juices remove the fiber but smoothies keep the fiber in as you keep the peel etc on? I found they help my stomach a lot in the mornings because you can take in all the nutrients without your digestion having to work to hard. Once a week I do a "detox" smoothie with coconut water, pineapple, kale and coconut oil. It's pinacolada. I only ever use fresh organic. But never use more fruit than you would eat. I once made one with 2 courgettes, mint, spinachcoconut water and lemon. My poor stomach wanted to puke it out half way through

Try looking up Jason vale juice master - he's the man in the UK for everything juices/smoothies with lush recipes x

Try looking up Jason vale juice master - he's the man in the UK for everything juices/smoothies with lush recipes x

Oh thanks I will,someone was telling me about the bullet processor which blends seeds and all.

So I'm on my mission now to get fit. Has anyone detoxed and is there any point to doing a detox?
Also does anyone recommend any books or magazines?

I did the master cleanse once but only lasted like 3 days :p

<3 Stephanie <3

Whole Fruit Vs Smoothies: Which Is Better for You?

Avoiding refined and added sugars is a proven way to lose weight and prevent diabetes and heart disease, but what to do about all those natural sugars in smoothies, juices, and fruit is a bit more complicated. New research finds that when it comes to whole fruit, you can pretty much eat as much as you'd like, but you need to watch for fruit in a smoothie or juice, which can spike blood sugar in unhealthy ways. "A whole, intact apple is quite different from applesauce, even though both have all the same nutrients and fiber," says Dr. David Ludwig, director of the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center at Boston Children's Hospital. The key reason: The fibrous structure in whole fruit helps slow the absorption of fructose, the sugar mainly found in fruit, says Ludwig. Pureeing a fruit diminishes your body's ability to break down the sugar – and squeezing the fruit and filtering out its fiber (in juice) is even worse. Ludwig says that three to five servings of any kind of whole fruit is healthy, but if you're eating much more than that, go for temperate fruits such as apples, pears, peaches, and berries, which have a gentler effect on blood sugar levels than tropical fruits like bananas, mangos, and pineapples.

I have a fitness freak friend who is a researcher for mental health so naturally she researches all other stuff too and reads deeply into lots of health stuff. She's told me to lessen or totally stop Soya Protein intake especially isolate shakes because of the HIGH oestrogen levels in them. This basically means they contain a high amount do the female hormone so men will experience mood swings and a reduced sex drive. May even affect their naughty bits and also proven that men can develop man-boobs with soya protein. I researched it via google and it's true! Women experience heavier and more painful periods. Boob-ache, mood swings and other stuff. Didn't know how crappy something from the health shop could be! She also mentioned something similar to your post about fruits. She said it's better to eat so much more veg and green leafy salads than eat too much fruit. She doesn't eat fruit at all because they have a high level of fructose in them (natural sugars). She went on her "researcher vibe" and lost me on this one but tried to explain how incredibly bad fructose is for you. Apparently fructose is found in plastics and all sorts. I'll ask her properly about this again as my explanation is gonna be rubbish but yeah... Fruits aren't what they seem o_O what the heck can we eat lol I'm already a "Lacto-Veggie" blaaaaah this is getting difficult lol

x HelloSORRISO x

I have a fitness freak friend who is a researcher for mental health so naturally she researches all other stuff too and reads deeply into lots of health stuff. She's told me to lessen or totally stop Soya Protein intake especially isolate shakes because of the HIGH oestrogen levels in them. This basically means they contain a high amount do the female hormone so men will experience mood swings and a reduced sex drive. May even affect their naughty bits and also proven that men can develop man-boobs with soya protein. I researched it via google and it's true! Women experience heavier and more painful periods. Boob-ache, mood swings and other stuff. Didn't know how crappy something from the health shop could be! She also mentioned something similar to your post about fruits. She said it's better to eat so much more veg and green leafy salads than eat too much fruit. She doesn't eat fruit at all because they have a high level of fructose in them (natural sugars). She went on her "researcher vibe" and lost me on this one but tried to explain how incredibly bad fructose is for you. Apparently fructose is found in plastics and all sorts. I'll ask her properly about this again as my explanation is gonna be rubbish but yeah... Fruits aren't what they seem o_O what the heck can we eat lol I'm already a "Lacto-Veggie" blaaaaah this is getting difficult lol

x HelloSORRISO x

Totally agree with her on this

I was really into my fitness about 5 years ago - SOYA OR SOY IS NOT A HEALTH FOOD
It is a multi billion dollar American industry that makes it's money because of the promotion
It's so heavily refined that it's so bad for you and yes will increase estrogen and make u fat

If u are serious about shedding stomach fat etc u must avoid this

As well a high fructose corn syrup ( American ) it's in all things like ketchup etc so read your labels

Also weights is the way forward, 45 mins 3 / 4 times a week and for me legs at every session

I don't look like this now lol but this was maintained by weights only, rarely did cardio ( hate cardio) and I'm not naturally lean either!!!
And I was eating about 2000 calories as day
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404104292.510346.jpg

I was really into my fitness about 5 years ago - SOYA OR SOY IS NOT A HEALTH FOOD
It is a multi billion dollar American industry that makes it's money because of the promotion
It's so heavily refined that it's so bad for you and yes will increase estrogen and make u fat

As well a high fructose corn syrup ( American ) it's in all things like ketchup etc so read your labels

Also weights is the way forward, 45 mins 3 / 4 times a week and for me legs at every session

I don't look like this now lol but this was maintained by weights only, rarely did cardio ( hate cardio) and I'm not naturally lean either!!!
View attachment 69120

Stunning figure! I hate cardio too! I like a bit of yoga but that's it! Can I really get a nice figure without all the cardio? I thought cardio was what burnt the fat

Good question EmmaLou, id like to know the answer as well :)
I've learnt so much from this thread, than I ever thought I would! In that case maybe only one fruit smoothie a day and I'll try some veg smoothies. Any suggestions?

I downloaded Pinterest. Annoyingly addictive with fab ideas! I'm seeing peanut butter a lot, I guess that's natural organic though.

Long cardio will not build you a lean tonned figure. Only weight training can do that. HIIT high intensity interval training is a good quick work out that will get you lean. Your body views fat as an assets and muscle as a liability as it has to work harder to look after muscle so building muscle through weights is the best thing.

Good question EmmaLou, id like to know the answer as well :)
I've learnt so much from this thread, than I ever thought I would! In that case maybe only one fruit smoothie a day and I'll try some veg smoothies. Any suggestions?

I downloaded Pinterest. Annoyingly addictive with fab ideas! I'm seeing peanut butter a lot, I guess that's natural organic though.

I only have fruit smoothies in the morning due to the high fructose you tgen have the whole day to use it up.

I went to like a nutritionist like last year it was a programme designed especially for me, was really hard but stuck with it. Lost a stone and 16 inches finished up just befit Xmas now iv the hole lot put on and prob more totally disgusted :( feeling worthless right now ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404116384.168861.jpg

Stunning figure! I hate cardio too! I like a bit of yoga but that's it! Can I really get a nice figure without all the cardio? I thought cardio was what burnt the fat

You have to make sure that your weight session is hard, ie short rest, work hard so that you are puffing / it becomes your cardio.

Long cardio just causes body to shut down and stop burning - as women we must build lean muscle to give us our curves otherwise we look lean but fat if you know what I mean

It took me about 5 months to get to this pic working out and eating well but was done without much cardio and if I did always at end of work out with wind sprints on treadmill for 10 mins

So yes u can do it

You have to make sure that your weight session is hard, ie short rest, work hard so that you are puffing / it becomes your cardio.

Long cardio just causes body to shut down and stop burning - as women we must build lean muscle to give us our curves otherwise we look lean but fat if you know what I mean

It took me about 5 months to get to this pic working out and eating well but was done without much cardio and if I did always at end of work out with wind sprints on treadmill for 10 mins

So yes u can do it

Jesus I would love a figure like that! Dunno if it's possible after my daughter and when I was a teen I went from a size 10 to a size 28 within two years! Down to an 18 now... Managed to get to 14 before my daughter but now I weigh a stone more than before my pregnancy and I'm 2 dress sizes bigger cos I have even more loose stuff! Hate it

I only have fruit smoothies in the morning due to the high fructose you tgen have the whole day to use it up.

Sorry to pick your brains, I just want to understand :) I thought high fructose was bad? Or is it good energy to burn off? Also what are the benefits to your pineapple detox?

I went to like a nutritionist like last year it was a programme designed especially for me, was really hard but stuck with it. Lost a stone and 16 inches finished up just befit Xmas now iv the hole lot put on and prob more totally disgusted :( feeling worthless right now View attachment 69127

Aw don't feel that way. You did it once and you can do it again! Use this thread as support and encouragement from us. The healthy lifestyle geeks are full of amazing info :)

Sorry to pick your brains, I just want to understand :) I thought high fructose was bad? Or is it good energy to burn off? Also what are the benefits to your pineapple detox?

Fruit is high in fructose but fruit also has lots of other good things in it so you wouldn't want to eliminate it. My own personal theory is just to eat it early in the day so the fructose is used. That's not fact or science thats just my own little head. I can't remember all the benefits of the pineapple smoothie I remember the pineapple has digestive enzymes, the kale supports your liver and the coconut water hydrates. It was a you tube video by a lady called Danette May. Im addicted to youtube videos, lean secrets and Elliot hulse are my favorites. Both are personal trainers in America. I can't afford a personal trainer so that's the next best thing for me. X

View attachment 69120

That my dear is a fabulous figure! I am slim, but I am getting jelly bits here and there. I also HATE cardio! I've done the slow cardio thing and I don't notice a difference. If I do fast pasted cardio ie: running on a treadmill for like 5 minutes... I actually feel sick, dizzy and almost heave because I over exert my body all of a sudden. I kept getting told to "push past it keep pushing past it" but hasn't made a difference. I still feel like throwing up when I try and smash a cardio session. I much rather walk into a gym and do squats with a bar weight, dead lifts and all that jazz.

Earlier on in this post I mentioned how recently I've been slacking and all of a sudden out of no where the past say 2-3 months I look slim but like I'm 5 months pregnant from the side view. I want to get rid of this but I'm thinking now that it may be the mix of diary, bread and the soya isolate protein shakes I've been having. if I did the weighted exercises like you did could i get rid of the jiggle and the image I currently describe as "a snake that has swallowed a football" lol!?!? I'd love to know what kind of things you did with weights to get that figure!

x HelloSORRISO x

Hellosorriso, I have exactly the same look but I have been diagnosed with ceoliac disease for 20years and I'm so strict at avoiding gluten. It just happens for no reason and I really hate the pregnancy look. I've been asked twice this year. I'd be keen to hear what other geeks say too but for now I'm trying to stick to veg, meat and fruit. I'm gonna try keep a food diary on my pumpup app and see the doctor in a few weeks. This pregnancy look is new to me and I know it's not if I've accidentally eaten gluten because I bloat and get horrendous pains. This is just bloating.

Hellosorriso, I have exactly the same look but I have been diagnosed with ceoliac disease for 20years and I'm so strict at avoiding gluten. It just happens for no reason and I really hate the pregnancy look. I've been asked twice this year. I'd be keen to hear what other geeks say too but for now I'm trying to stick to veg, meat and fruit. I'm gonna try keep a food diary on my pumpup app and see the doctor in a few weeks. This pregnancy look is new to me and I know it's not if I've accidentally eaten gluten because I bloat and get horrendous pains. This is just bloating.

I'm sorry to hear that this diagnosis is leaving you with painful bloating. It's not nice at all. Sometimes I get really uncomfortable and I'm not even pushing my stomach out but it feels forced out if that makes sense. I have noticed it happens if I have too much milk or bread.

I'm a lacto-vegetarian which means I eat dairy and eggs but I don't eat meat or fish. I tend to overdo it with the cheese and milk and bread so I think cutting that out will play a big part (I'm gonna miss pizza's!!) I have tried to find meal plans online but I only find veggie ones with heaps of fish as the main part of each meal plan OR I find heaps of vegan ones. It's super annoying!

I don't want to eat rabbit food. Definitely need to get some more weighted exercises going.

x HelloSORRISO x

Latest posts

Back