Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I ask some advice from you fitness buffs?

I'd like to lose weight but mainly feel healthy. I am a hairdresser so on my feet a lot and regularly get sore muscles. I know that building up my weights will help that. But my main problem is I am getting very sore hips. It can come on after exercise (walking, biking or cross trainer) or sometimes just by itself. I want to be able to do something to make this happen less like some form of building the muscles at my hips to help support the joints. My mum has arthritis and I'm concerned I may be susceptible especially as I'm only 27. I have about two stone to lose which I know will help but I'm not morbidly obese so I don't think weight loss alone will help.

Also does anyone have any tips for joint health? My mum takes glucosamine which I'm going to get and I know fish is supposed to be good too. Any other tips?

Really enjoyed reading rveryones experiences.

Kimi

Hi Hun. Maybe something low impact like swimming would be good for you ? I'm not buff (far from it lol!) but I know from working with a trainer that swimming works all of the body (if you do all the strokes) and maybe try getting fish oil and a massage once in a while when you are sore ? I always loved the jacuzzi when I was sore as well! Hope this helps a wee bit :) xx

Thank you. I thought that using the bike or cross trainer would be good as I'm not pounding on my joints but I have also heard great things about swimming so maybe I will start going to the pool. I'm just worried that I leave it too long or do the wrong thing and cause more damage

Thank you. I thought that using the bike or cross trainer would be good as I'm not pounding on my joints but I have also heard great things about swimming so maybe I will start going to the pool. I'm just worried that I leave it too long or do the wrong thing and cause more damage

Bike could be good aswell plus it's good cardio. I'm not sure about the cross trainer for as much as it's good the action is similar to walking for the legs so that might still make you feel sore ? Bike and swimming I would give a go xx

Cycling and swimming is a good exercise if you want to lose weight easily. You can reach your weight goal if you have a balance and proper diet. Having an active and healthy lifestyle can help you to achieve your goal too. My secret is to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day and drink some lemonade/tea. I make sure that I drink plenty of water every day to increase my metabolism.

Is it silly to ask, does running tone your body? Or what do you do to tone it? :eek:

Is it silly to ask, does running tone your body? Or what do you do to tone it? :eek:

Running is cardiovascular so it would burn fat and you'd loose weight. I think things that will tone you up is weighted squats, burpes, things like the ab challenges, swimming will work aswell :)

HTH xx

body balance, legs, bums and tums, green tea and it works wraps ;) xxx

Just this moment finished the squat challenge, 175 squats just now 😳 still a week left of the ab challenge which is getting really hard!

So my question is; I'd like to carry on doing squats daily, is it a good exercise and how many a day should I do? I struggle after about 30!

If you haven't already, incorporate weights. I do 3 sets of 12reps on a new weight increasing up to 20reps, once you find that easy, go up to the next one, and so on. I also like to vary my squats.

It will to a point, but it's lifting weights that really helps with toning.
When i trained for the marathon, i noticed my calves were more toned, but it didn't really impact the rest of my body significantly. With weights, you will start to see the results within a few weeks.

Hey

All of these weight fades are a waste of money and time, they work really well at first but are not long term. You will find you put on weight again really quickly after the 1st month. Also, this weight will be even harder to shift again.

The only way is to eat healthy and exercise.. and when I say exercise I don't mean long agonising workouts or cardio sessions at the gym, I mean high intensity workouts that last 20mins - mixing cardio with weights. alternate the days and you will be amazed at the results!

in regards to eating, personally I have found Paleo the most easiest to fit in with my lifestyle (its basically a cave man diet/way of life). I have cheat days too, but save those for the weekend!

But the most important thing to remember is to make sure you eat enough. not eating will make your body appear smaller but its not fat you are losing, its your muscle. your body will go into starvation mode and cling onto every bit of fat you have, and eat in the future. ideally you should eat small amounts every 3-4 hours, this will speed up your
metabolism.

Don't forget the water :)

I could go on, but will stop with the rant!

I wish someone had told me from the start before I also tried all these fade diets and cardio workouts.

hope it helps xxxx

Been told by a physio I can't lift weights EVER! I am gutted I was getting so excited about getting some kettle bells. I might get a second opinion on this from my surgeon but not seeing her until Sept. Pilates it is then

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I think I've developed an intolerance to something. All of a sudden the past 2 months, I've become extremely bloated. My figure is quite slim and toned but my stomach is bulging to the point I actually look around 4/5 months pregnant! I actually got asked if I were pregnant in hobby craft the other day! I was mortified. I'm sure pregnancy is a wonderful experience but the awkwardness of the moment was just horrendous when I shockingly said "NO! I'm not pregnant!" In fact I've never been pregnant!

Has anyone ever experienced this at all? I wouldn't say I've ever had a flat stomach but it certainly hasn't ever bulged out as if I'm carrying a baby!!!

x HelloSORRISO x

I think I've developed an intolerance to something. All of a sudden the past 2 months, I've become extremely bloated. My figure is quite slim and toned but my stomach is bulging to the point I actually look around 4/5 months pregnant! I actually got asked if I were pregnant in hobby craft the other day! I was mortified. I'm sure pregnancy is a wonderful experience but the awkwardness of the moment was just horrendous when I shockingly said "NO! I'm not pregnant!" In fact I've never been pregnant!

Has anyone ever experienced this at all? I wouldn't say I've ever had a flat stomach but it certainly hasn't ever bulged out as if I'm carrying a baby!!!

x HelloSORRISO x

Im gluten intolerant, I started with bloated pregnant belly but lots if other nasty symptoms too like acne, brain fog after eating, dizziness, ataxia, irritability after eating. The only way to tell is through an illumination diet, if it gets worse or you develop further symptoms ask your gp for a celiac blood test and referral to dieticians.

Im gluten intolerant, I started with bloated pregnant belly but lots if other nasty symptoms too like acne, brain fog after eating, dizziness, ataxia, irritability after eating. The only way to tell is through an illumination diet, if it gets worse or you develop further symptoms ask your gp for a celiac blood test and referral to dieticians.

Oh no really? So it's trial and error then of what to eat what not to eat. I'm not due on or anything either and when I have been it doesn't affect what I call "the miracle baby bump" lol I dno what's going on I just want it gone.

From the back of me I look ft and healthy, toned and what not, from the side I look like a snake that's swallowed a football 😢

x HelloSORRISO x

Been told by a physio I can't lift weights EVER! I am gutted I was getting so excited about getting some kettle bells. I might get a second opinion on this from my surgeon but not seeing her until Sept. Pilates it is then

I would recommend a second opinion - even if it means you can't lift heavy, a couple of kilos in each hand added to compliment your squats/ lunges etc will make a difference. In the meantime, focus on exercises that use your body weight.

hey - hope you don't mind me asking but why cant you lift weights again? If I were you I would get a 2nd opinion :)

hey - hope you don't mind me asking but why cant you lift weights again? If I were you I would get a 2nd opinion :)

I have malformed blood vessel in my brain and they can bleed. The physio thought the pressure of weights could cause a bleed. Im not to sure so im looking to see what the neutologist and surgeon say. I do Pilates so that uses body weigh which is much heavier (in my case) than weights!

Oh no really? So it's trial and error then of what to eat what not to eat. I'm not due on or anything either and when I have been it doesn't affect what I call "the miracle baby bump" lol I dno what's going on I just want it gone.

From the back of me I look ft and healthy, toned and what not, from the side I look like a snake that's swallowed a football 😢

x HelloSORRISO x

You have to eliminate all suspicious foods for 6 weeks which is miserable and then you add the suspicious good in one at a time and see what reacts. For ne it was worth it. Im much happier now

I have malformed blood vessel in my brain and they can bleed. The physio thought the pressure of weights could cause a bleed. Im not to sure so im looking to see what the neutologist and surgeon say. I do Pilates so that uses body weigh which is much heavier (in my case) than weights!

My advice, is don't listen to our advice lol

Definitely go for that second opinion. I imagine that anything weighing the same as a grocery bag would be considered ok, but i have no medical expertise whatsoever so that's just an assumption. :)

My advice, is don't listen to our advice lol

Definitely go for that second opinion. I imagine that anything weighing the same as a grocery bag would be considered ok, but i have no medical expertise whatsoever so that's just an assumption. :)

Lol thanks hon, im just gutted but I will carry on as I am with walking, Pilates and yoga until I see surgeon. Ive plateaued with my weight so im frustrated though I could boost it with weights

Latest posts

Back