Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol thanks hon, im just gutted but I will carry on as I am with walking, Pilates and yoga until I see surgeon. Ive plateaued with my weight so im frustrated though I could boost it with weights

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Just remember, fitness and nutrition is about being the best version of you, rather than aspiring to airbrushed look we often see in the media.

A physio should be able to help create a bank of exercises that you can alternate between. The trick to maintaining a level of progress is about mixing things up. Keep your body guessing. It may be that what you're doing already is enough for you in terms of body weight exercises, but you might just be doing the same (5?) say. If you could learn more and have them in your 'bank', then you might find varying your workout easier. :)

Just remember, fitness and nutrition is about being the best version of you, rather than aspiring to airbrushed look we often see in the media.

A physio should be able to help create a bank of exercises that you can alternate between. The trick to maintaining a level of progress is about mixing things up. Keep your body guessing. It may be that what you're doing already is enough for you in terms of body weight exercises, but you might just be doing the same (5?) say. If you could learn more and have them in your 'bank', then you might find varying your workout easier. :)

Thank you , im going more intense with Pilates and shaking up the routine. I finish my enhancement course next week and have booked some 1:1 with the Pilates instructor. Just getting rid of the last stubborn bits. Im not into airbrushed magazines or celebrity it just annoys me lol but I do compare myself to all my lovely slim friends. Maybe getting new friends would be easier hahaha

Thank you , im going more intense with Pilates and shaking up the routine. I finish my enhancement course next week and have booked some 1:1 with the Pilates instructor. Just getting rid of the last stubborn bits. Im not into airbrushed magazines or celebrity it just annoys me lol but I do compare myself to all my lovely slim friends. Maybe getting new friends would be easier hahaha

Yeah, i've got a friend who eats rubbish & is so slim! New friends i think is definitely the one ;)

I did lighter life, I lost 9 stone in 7 months, the diet made me Ill as it gave me gall-stones and I had to have surgery to remove it, then I put all the weight back on. I've managed to lose it the old fashioned way of eating less and have maintained for the past 3 years. sadly there's no magic cure for weight loss, just a simple equation of eat less crap and exercise more

I am starting intermittant fasting. I have started today but tomorrow will be my first full day. I will keep you guys informed on how it goes.x

I am starting intermittant fasting. I have started today but tomorrow will be my first full day. I will keep you guys informed on how it goes.x

There is a 5:2 thread on here with kors if lovely support for fast days

Came across this image. This is why I NEVER use scales :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403984287.299976.jpg

Fat Vs. Muscle

x HelloSORRISO x

So I'm on my mission now to get fit. Has anyone detoxed and is there any point to doing a detox?
Also does anyone recommend any books or magazines?

So I'm on my mission now to get fit. Has anyone detoxed and is there any point to doing a detox?
Also does anyone recommend any books or magazines?

I watched a BBC program on YouTube yesterday called "stay young,skim and beautiful" they done an experiment where one group detoxed and another ate normally and tested their bloods, urine etc to see if it made a difference. It was very interesting I highly recommend watching it before detoxifying

Thankyou Nikki May, I will definitely watch that later.
I've dug my smoothie maker out and plan to have one fruit packed smoothie a day :)

Thankyou Nikki May, I will definitely watch that later.
I've dug my smoothie maker out and plan to have one fruit packed smoothie a day :)

I have a smoothie for breakfast every day. I use almond milk, and chuck in a handful of spinach and chia seeds as you can't taste them and still get all the goodness. I do a pineapple detox one once a week. Oh dear you got me started. I love talking about health foods :D

I have a smoothie for breakfast every day. I use almond milk, and chuck in a handful of spinach and chia seeds as you can't taste them and still get all the goodness. I do a pineapple detox one once a week. Oh dear you got me started. I love talking about health foods :D

I love smoothies! Make them with Greek yoghurt (stay away from Greek "style" yoghurt!). I tend to eat fresh fruits with Greek yoghurt too... love it!

and my biggest addiction... PINTEREST! It shows me all the health and fitness tips and info, healthy eating, smoothie recipes, it's endless hours of everything I love on that app lol hair makeup, photography, craft...

I'm currently planning my whole wedding on there... Now all I need is a hubby to be haha

x HelloSORRISO x

Nikki tell us about your pineapple detox :)
I can't find that bbc3 programme but I read about it on the website.
My friend was told smoothies were not allowed on slimming world as the fruit looses the goodness, I told her that's false and strange they've said that?
Will get some Greek yoghurt :) will get Pinterest aswell.

Ohh yes what is the pineapple detox petal? Xxx

You are always better to eat fruit in its purest form. Removing peel from apples or blending into smoothies breaks down the fiber

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Whole Fruit Vs Smoothies: Which Is Better for You?

Avoiding refined and added sugars is a proven way to lose weight and prevent diabetes and heart disease, but what to do about all those natural sugars in smoothies, juices, and fruit is a bit more complicated. New research finds that when it comes to whole fruit, you can pretty much eat as much as you'd like, but you need to watch for fruit in a smoothie or juice, which can spike blood sugar in unhealthy ways. "A whole, intact apple is quite different from applesauce, even though both have all the same nutrients and fiber," says Dr. David Ludwig, director of the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center at Boston Children's Hospital. The key reason: The fibrous structure in whole fruit helps slow the absorption of fructose, the sugar mainly found in fruit, says Ludwig. Pureeing a fruit diminishes your body's ability to break down the sugar – and squeezing the fruit and filtering out its fiber (in juice) is even worse. Ludwig says that three to five servings of any kind of whole fruit is healthy, but if you're eating much more than that, go for temperate fruits such as apples, pears, peaches, and berries, which have a gentler effect on blood sugar levels than tropical fruits like bananas, mangos, and pineapples.

You are always better to eat fruit in its purest form. Removing peel from apples or blending into smoothies breaks down the fiber

Your body can't process the fibre as this is essentially what you 💩 out (sorry thought pic was better).

If you have a really good juicer you won't need to peel most fruit or veg. X

Your body can't process the fibre as this is essentially what you 💩 out (sorry thought pic was better).

If you have a really good juicer you won't need to peel most fruit or veg. X

Fiber helps keep your bowel moving. No fiber=constipation=bloating

Fiber helps keep your bowel moving. No fiber=constipation=bloating

One or two juices/smoothies a day isn't going to stop bowl movements completely. There might be an issue if it was a constant total meal replacement.

Thankyou nearlyme for that, very interesting.

Surely one smoothie a day is okay? You will still get the vitamins from the fruit?

Latest posts

Back