5 year old girl has been abducted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkes1980

Reaction score
I hope nobody minds me posting this here but a little girl has been abducted tonight in Machynlleth, not sure if any geeks live near here, but if you click the link below it'll take you to an fb page which will give you more info and a photo. Just need to let as many people know as poss to try and get some info on where she is... X
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....149722958416101.40905.115826585139072&type=1

how awful! i was going to share on my local facebook page but someones already done so, fingers crossed she is found safe soon!

I am miles and miles away but I have shared the photo anyway just in case. Hope she is found safe & well very soon. xxx

I have shared too. Hope she's found soon :(

It's saying cannot open page :/ i hope she is found very soon, safe and sound xxx

My local Mecca has it on their fb page too xoxo

LITTLE 5 YEAR OLD APRIL JONES WAS KIDNAPPED FROM MACHYNLLETH LAST NIGHT JUST AFTER SEVEN! SHE WAS WEARING A PURPLE KNEE LENGTH COAT, WHITE SCHOOL POLO SHIRT AND BLACK TROUSERS. SHE WAS SEEN GETTING INTO A LIGHT COLOURED VAN TYPE VEHICLE. THIS IS ONLY DOWN THE ROAD FROM WHERE I LIVE, I KNOW THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM BUT PLEASE PUT IT EVERYWHERE YOU CAN SO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE CAN SEE IT AS SHE COULD BE ANYWHERE NOW! ANY INFO PHONE THE POLICE! PLEASE HELP BY PUTTING THIS EVERYWHERE!
Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching sky news now, live police conference. They have arrested someone but April still hasn't been found.

this whole story is making me very anxious, I have a little girl the same age and I dont want to even try and imagine the pain her family are going through right now. i really hope they find her very soon so they can bring her back home to her family safe and well

this whole story is making me very anxious, I have a little girl the same age and I dont want to even try and imagine the pain her family are going through right now. i really hope they find her very soon so they can bring her back home to her family safe and well

I know what you mean, it's the worst thing a mother could go through, I'm saying prays for her x x x

I too have a 5 year old daughter. We tried to tell her about little April at tea time and to warn her and all our other kids not to get in a car with anyone unless mam or dad knows that they are going.

Never to get in a car with stranger and to run straight home if anyone they don't know tries to talk to them or get them to go with them etc...

My 5 year old laughed at first and her dad explained we were serious and that if someone was to take her away we might never see her again. She looked so scared at the thought of never seeing us again I almost burst in to tears and had to change the subject by offering everyone a chocolate bar.

I too have a 5 year old daughter. We tried to tell her about little April at tea time and to warn her and all our other kids not to get in a car with anyone unless mam or dad knows that they are going.

Never to get in a car with stranger and to run straight home if anyone they don't know tries to talk to them or get them to go with them etc...

My 5 year old laughed at first and her dad explained we were serious and that if someone was to take her away we might never see her again. She looked so scared at the thought of never seeing us again I almost burst in to tears and had to change the subject by offering everyone a chocolate bar.

Awww bless, it must be such a hard conversation to have with children getting them to understand without terrifying them, youve done the right thing though.

I hope they find her soon xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I've been watching all day. Am very much in awe of those amazing people searching for her. It puts my faith back into us as humans. I hope she is found safe and well.

One thing I have heard echo through Facebook though is "why was she alone" and sorry I have to agree. Not a chance would my 5 year old be out alone let alone at 7pm. It's time for parents to learn a d accept that unfortunately we do not live in a world where it is safe for children to play on streets and estates out of the view of their parents. Whether your in cardiff like me, London, Liverpool or in rural Wales.... It's not safe.

Hope your found soon little girl xxxxxx

We taught ours much the same back when we lived in London, all about "stranger danger" but the sad thing is I am sure they said on the news that April knew the mans daughter? (or OH told me so anyway) If that is true, she may have known him and not even thought of him as a stranger. Trust is so hard to have and so easily abused these days :(

I've been watching all day. Am very much in awe of those amazing people searching for her. It puts my faith back into us as humans. I hope she is found safe and well.

One thing I have heard echo through Facebook though is "why was she alone" and sorry I have to agree. Not a chance would my 5 year old be out alone let alone at 7pm. It's time for parents to learn a d accept that unfortunately we do not live in a world where it is safe for children to play on streets and estates out of the view of their parents. Whether your in cardiff like me, London, Liverpool or in rural Wales.... It's not safe.

Hope your found soon little girl xxxxxx

I completely agree with this far to young to be out on herbown at any time of the day let alone at 7pm.

Obviously this is very sad but this happenes far to often ie madeline mcanne she was left on her own and dissapered.

I would not let my 7 year old out on her own ever unfortunately this is the society which is unsafe.

I hope they get her back I really do.XX

I agree that it was late for a little one to be out and for no adults to have the kids she was with in their view.

The latest news - the parents know the bloke who has been arrested:
April suspect 'known to family' - Yahoo! News UK

God I feel sick with it. I have a 5 year old too. I explained it to her and let her watch it on the news. Watching the 10 o'clock news now. Those poor, poor parents. Oh my god, you just can't imagine what it must be like for them. I hope little April is found safe soon.

This is just awful, I really hope they find this little girl soon.

As much as I can understand people's points of view regarding a young girl playing out at that time of evening I think its distasteful to be criticising the parents at such a horrendous time. I'm sure they will be torturing themselves as it is for not watching her closer, can you imagine that happening to your child and knowing you could have prevented it? They are suffering enough as it is, the last thing they need right now is to be reading comments about their lack of parenting skills all over the media.

Latest posts

Back