500 business cards in the bin!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electra

Reaction score
I just had 500 business cards printed and when they arrived i realised i'd given them the wrong website address!!!!!! :cry::smack::cry::cry::cry:

Should i just cross through the web address? or should they go in the bin and start again?

I'd cross it out hun save wasting them. You can also get some clear labes printed from a company called Mini Label (online) to stick on them with corect address

HTH

Rachel x

Hi,

Did you pay alot to have them done? I would just neatly cross the address out, and put your correct one on!

Angie

Luckily i only paid £30..

think i will cross it out and put sticker on otherside with web address on!!!!

How could i get my own web address wrong??????:smack:

I disagree, I would bin them...... Personally I think it looks unprofessional to put a correction on - it just draws attention to the fact you made a mistake.

JMHO.....

I'm with Vetty on this one its only £30, or if its possible change your web address to the one on the card?

I agree with Vetty

I would bin them too , I think the correction would make them look unprofessional. :hug:

I too think you should bin them - it really doesn't look great when there are mistakes (of any sort - grammatical or spelling - remember the flaming I got for explaining the difference between i.e. and e.g.!)
Put it down to experience - and get someone to test out your cards before you send off the proof!
Better luck next time.
:)

If its any consolation to you, when I started in November at my new place, I got a pile of stuff from vistaprint, 250 biz cards, 100 postcards, 50 tri fold pamphlets and 25 gift vouchers, and I had one digit of the phone number wrong!!!!!!

I spent a whole day typing up tiny labels to adjust the number and still gave them out on my open evening and the first month of opening.
I then threw everything in the bin and started again from scratch.

If I had to do it again, I honestly would throw everything in the bin and start again, it really wasn't worth the hassle of adjusting the number, the time spent and it looked rubbish tbh.

Definately bin them.Always put yourself in a potential clients position your business cards are your promotional and advertising material you really do not want to be giving the wrong first impressions.

Hi hun :)

Sorry to hear about your mishap! Is there any way you could get the website address that is on your business cards? For example, I have just bought urban-nails.com for my website (when it's up and I'm running :)) but I also have .info, .net, and 2 other dots I can't think of off the top of my head!

If it's not that simple, I would bin them hun :sad:

HTH's

Sarah. x

I too would definitely throw them out.

Can't you use them for appointment cards ?
Most folk write the appointment on their calender when they get home, and then bin the card.
Maybe it's my Scottishness.............but I hate waste ! :rolleyes:

Can't you use them for appointment cards ?
Most folk write the appointment on their calender when they get home, and then bin the card.
Maybe it's my Scottishness.............but I hate waste ! :rolleyes:

I hate waste too!!!

£30 quid is £30 quid when your starting out!!!!!!

thanks everyone for your advice, i'm gonna get some more printed and use these for appointment cards.

use them for general note making.
its surprising how many general enquiries you get that aren't appointment related, I'm always looking for scraps of paper to write recommendations, etc down for clients.
I have personalised post-its for that reason now, but often grab a biz card and scrawl on the back of it.

and, DON'T beat yourself up about it. A few of us have done the same and its not worth getting chewed about it. At least you won't make that mistake again, I know I won't!

The pro's make these mistakes. My bf's business is Greetings Cards ... he once had a print run done and it wasn't until this one card had been in the shops for a few months before anyone noticed the mistake on them!

Personally, I'm a bit of a perfectionist on these things and would have to bin the whole lot to get reprinted - I just couldn't let my clients, and more importantly my potential clients see them. In all honesty what do you think of any company that gives you something that has clearly had a label or marking on something to cover a mistake or out of date text, it doesn't look good.

I've got 5,000 double sided flyers at the printers at the moment ... really hope they are ok!

Mat xx

I would bin them (but I'm a perfectionist).

BUT .... you could keep them for existing clients to write their appointments on, they don't give a shyte about your web address, they are already coming to you.

To be honest, anyone that has the nouse to look up your website from your business card and can't find you, also has the nouse to look you up on google if they can't find you (it's the nature of the beast).

I agree with everyone who said to get them re-printed. I would keep the old ones though, for emergencies. It's better to have something than nothing IMO. I still have my old cards, from my previous address in case I have run out of new cards for some reason. I just cross out the old details.

Last edited:
bin then as you say

Hi there

Personally i would throw them in the bin, the reason why i say that is when i first started out I made a simular error probably could of got away with it as it was only letter error, but i wanted everything spot on, so i binned them and started again.

If you cross the web address out it may look tacky and unprofessional after all anything selling you info on is your selling point for what you do, so if your cards come across unproffessional peaople may get the wrong impression of you ( you know what people are like ) id just start again even though you have already paid out money,.

And at the end of the day when your business is soooo successfull the £30 will be nothing hun,

a big :hug: for you coz i know it can be so upsetting and annoying,

Latest posts

Back