A Really Unhappy Geek Today....pls Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You poor babe!

Have a little listen,

Have had my own salon for last three years, not going bankrupt but managing to attract the completely wrong staff again and again and basically being frantic all the time. Being stuck to a 3-year lease (yikes) and even though being proud of being a 'business woman' not really being happy!

Then my mate (mobile beauty girl-24 and a business brain to be scared off) said: 'do you realise that if you get rid of the shop you can stick the rent/rates in your own pocket?'

I made the decision, and next thing I get a really fab job offer and I have joined Virgin Vie as a consultant!!! Hon, things will look up for you soon!!!!
(hint: if you, in your situation of needing cash, join this month you don't pay for your kit! First £500.00 in sales are without commission but at least kit is for free!!! Once you start parties, women will see your nails and you will get extra business out of that!!! Think about it! Doesn't cost you a penny to try and it might help your mobile nail business! and please no-one accuse me of canvassing now!!!!)
Will still see to my regular girls so all will be happy...

Am annoyed (from a far) at your partner, but playing the devil's advocate he might not really understand how s***ty you are feeling??? He is a man after all...:Grope:
And that didn't sound like a Dutch feminist at all.....I really am not!!

Moral of the story? I was ready to contract an ulcer with worry!!! And I will be fine!!!!
Can you get a job in PC World, Tesco? That would at least pay the bills while you get your head sorted? Stuff that stupid job with those d**k heads!!!!!:mad:

Enough waffle now!

Huge hug!!!!!!
xx
Christel:hug:

Hiya

Just had to say, and don't shoot me for this, I was a vigin consulatant last year with all the big promises, anyhoo I found myself out of pocket big time. The kit is nowhere near £500 worth, especially when you see what you can purchase items for as a consultant. The range you get are the current season there is so much more you are "encouraged" to get. You need more than one kit to show people what is in the catalogue. Learned this!:rolleyes:

Gemma is obviously in a very vunerable position at the moment and I do not agree with your sales pitch. Your intentions may well have been good but I have heard it all before :rolleyes:

Hello all:)

I just wanted to update you all on my situation.
You were all so fantastic to me the other day when I posted my thread "I am an unhappy geek today..pls help!"
I really was not prepared for the response that I received from you guys:hug: You were all so supportive:!:
Anyway I had a really long think about things and eventually decided that I had had enough of being treated like a complete doormat. So I never went back to my job:):):) and I wrote a letter to the top boss there explaining how I was treated and that I wanted to terminate my employment straight away!!!!!!!!!:) It felt so goooooooood!

I am a bit concerned about the money side of things but have decided that I am going to put my heart and soul into making my beauty business work. I am finding out where all the little fayres and shows are locally and trying to get a stall in everyone to offer hand massages and generate business with handing out my leaflets/cards. If anyone has anymore ideas pls let me know.
Thankyou so much to all of you that replied and PM'ed me this week with well wishes and support, If I can return the favour you all know where I am
:hug::hug::hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi Gemmanmarie

Im glad that you had all that support. I am in a quandry about getting my business out there. Its always a worry but I do believe it must be worth while working for yourself rather than someone else.
Has anyone else got any thoughts for all of us who are about to take the plunge

Teresa
Hello all:)

I just wanted to update you all on my situation.
You were all so fantastic to me the other day when I posted my thread "I am an unhappy geek today..pls help!"
I really was not prepared for the response that I received from you guys:hug: You were all so supportive:!:
Anyway I had a really long think about things and eventually decided that I had had enough of being treated like a complete doormat. So I never went back to my job:):):) and I wrote a letter to the top boss there explaining how I was treated and that I wanted to terminate my employment straight away!!!!!!!!!:) It felt so goooooooood!

I am a bit concerned about the money side of things but have decided that I am going to put my heart and soul into making my beauty business work. I am finding out where all the little fayres and shows are locally and trying to get a stall in everyone to offer hand massages and generate business with handing out my leaflets/cards. If anyone has anymore ideas pls let me know.
Thankyou so much to all of you that replied and PM'ed me this week with well wishes and support, If I can return the favour you all know where I am
:hug::hug::hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Teresa

GO FOR IT HUN:):)
Is my honest advice now! I have had real sleepless nights this week worryin about what the hell to do. I had a part time cleaning job that I hated. but was so worried about the money side of things that I carried on, put up with crap and made myself quite ill!!!
Well since I have made this decision I have felt like a different person!
I dont care that I am penniless I am sure it will turn out ok in the end, and if it dont at least I have tried 100%
Give it a go mate, I am behind you 100% of the way, if you want to exchange ideas, tips, that will be great :hug:

Hi there.
Isn't it a great feeling! :)
I have recently done exactly what you have done. You have done the right thing gemma. I have not regretted it a bit.

You have a nice blank canvass now for you to work on. I am going through the same so I know how you feel hun.

You know where I am if you want a chat.

Good luck :hug::hug:

Well done hun, you know you've made the right decision - and you're smiling to prove it!

I'm sure that you will make a go of your business, I admire your courage to do that! I have had my business cards made up but don't have the confidence in my own work to get out there and do it - despite getting comments on how nice my own nails are!

I'm so glad that you were brave and got out of the job that was making you so miserable so GOOD LUCK with everything and I wish you all the success xx

Well done you and all the best :hug:

Great news - good for you :hug::hug:

Hi Fiona,

I just tried to help the poor thing out!
As you would have seen, I have only just signed up myself because I wouldn't have to pay a lot of money to begin with.

It might be a load of crap and if it is I will find out for myself as anyone else will. As said in my message, I am not canvassing (why would I?) and was also suggesting maybe getting a job in Tesco to at least start getting the money in so she can quit the horrible job.

I was only trying to help and it was only a suggestion that might also help her mobile nail business...

Christel

Good for you Gemma and I wish you all the very best :hug:

Go Girl - well done Gemma!

It may feel a struggle at time but you will get there, and we are here to support you through it all. x x x

Good luck in your venture, I know just what a hard decision it is giving up a job that has a regular pay attached to it, but if you are just not happy it has to go, life is too short.

I gave up a job I hated and despite not having worked for the last four weeks due to illness and absolutely NO money coming in I am as happy as a pig in muck! I know that once I get back to work, hopefully next week, I will start earning again. I also have a BF who helps with bills etc and his support in all of this is vital.

**Sings** I am woman hear me roar.. in numbers to big to ignore...*

Ok I'll stop.. but well done you!! feeling your power vibe mate.. Go for it and GOOD LUCK in your venture!:green:

Well done GemmaMarie, you made the right decision there honey! Don't be a doormat for ANYBODY. Good luck with your beauty business, you can do it.

When doing fayres etc, I've found it's quite good to offer one FREE nail to anyone who wants one, just overlay on their own nail so it's thicker but doesn't look any different to the others . . . they will be so impressed that it's bound to lead to bookings, especially if accompanied by a special offer.

The good thing is that when folk see you actually demonstrating on somebody, everybody will gravitate towards your stall to see what's going on (such is the nosey nature of us humans:lol:) and hey presto suddenly everyone wants a nail . . . (or massage or whatever you're offering:hug:)

hth and I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better. xx

Hi Honey :hug:

The geeks are right in what they say ... life is far too short ... I believe this with all my heart!

I have been through so much and I know we're all different but I found that when I was unhappy in my past jobs, I was always sick. I didn't have the energy I needed and started hating life itself. So what I did was, I made myself a promise one day ... I PROMISE I WILL ONLY DO THINGS THAT I WANT TO DO! I resigned and did my own thing and gave it my all!

Why force yourself and make yourself more unhappy, do what you feel is right and by doing that you will give your all, be very happy, feel satisfied in what you've accomplished and live your life with no regrets.

I know most people will think this attitude towards life seems irresponsible and impractical but it works, happy people live better and fulfilled lives.

I'm not saying you don't do your best ... just do your best in doing what you love and no matter what comes your way, you will always do well. You just need to persevere.

Hope this helps somehow :hug:

P.S. And everyone that loves you will support you no matter what!

xxxx

Hi there , I totally agree with Rose I think this all made perfect sense and you are right,
Its just like following your heart, instincts / feelings ect ,
We sort of know what makes us happy and what is makes us feel unhappy about things ,

Hi gemmamarie

You can't really ignore your feelings if it doesn't feel right at this place of work ,
as that would be totally unfair to yourself,
You could make yourself ill,
and then you may not be able to cope with the other work, so its just not worth it,

Also it doesn't really matter what other people think,
I don't justify myself to these people anymore because if they cared about you they would understand and support you,

( even the closest to us sometimes just don't see how upset we are inside)
so its then down to you to make your life better for yourself,
and at the end of the day you will feel better for doing so,

If people are pushy I say well "I have made my choice and its not up for discussion," (nicely of course)

If you stick at something you you don't like it will only make you depressed
and feel ill . much better to be a happy bunny :hug:

Well done you've done the right thing!!

Good luck! :hug:

xxxx

Congratulations on your strength of character...!!!
And thanks for the update....Good Luck xxxx

Hi gemmamarie Good on you , I am so glad you stood your ground , and I know how hard that is sometimes , I'm really happy for you and I hope you are feeling happier too now :hug:

I think sometimes it takes people who are in the same occupation as yourself to understand what its like,
and they know what you are going through and can see where your headed,

Sometimes when your sat thinking on your own, you can't see the woods for the trees, even though you know it deep down in your tum,
you need that reassurance that you were quite right in your instincts,
(and you were right)

best wishes and happiness for the future :hug: minky

Latest posts

Back