All By Myself.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
Well the day I have been dreading for months has finally come. My husband has left for a 7 month tour abroad today and I am so sad :cry:

In 6 years in the army the longest he's been away for is 6 weeks so I am a bit lost now, and he's only been gone for 1.5 hours!!

Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow as doing some fireworks for the kids with my family so I hope this will cheer me up!

I suppose on the plus side i'll get the bed, pc and tv remote all to myself:)

Oh well, I'll pour myself a glass of wine or two in a bit when the kids are in bed and watch Corrie then some soppy film and just hope and pray the next few months fly by and my husband will be safe and well whilst he is away.

Sorry geeks for my little moan! :lol:

You poor thing, that must be really hard. Hopefully it will fly by. The fireworks will hopefully take your mind off it-keep lighting loads of sparklers to keep yourself busy!!! Also have a good cry over the soppy film x :hug:

Bless you! Don't worry he'll be back before you know it! And think how great it'll be to see him again!

HUGS BABES! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

awwwwwww sorry. Mt hubby is in the forces too on Submarines. I have had to do long times wivout him and no contact. The 1st 2 weeks are 'orrible and then after that u get used to it,then its the build up to them coming hom,,chin up!! catch up wiv lots of old friends!! Keep smiling!!

hi jess,
i know where your coming from hun, the first week is the hardest then you`ll get into a nice routine and before you know it he`ll be home and you`ll be fighting over the remote control again! at least thats how it is here even after 14 years, my hubby once was away for nearly 17 months straight and my then 2 year old asked why daddy did`nt live at home anymore:eek: if you keep busy it passes quicker, the best thing we ever did was buy a couple of dictaphones and send messages back and forth, hubby read stories goodnight and i had a standby tape of be a good speech when i needed it for the kids,keep your chin up and just think of all the time you can spend geeking!!! take care karen x

I know how you feel hun,my other half works away ,not for that long mind !

The hardest part about it is it's a vicious circle,you get used to them being away they come home,you get used to them being home they go away again :rolleyes: .

It's an awfull feeling,especially at first but you just get on with it ,wait for the phone calls and welcome them home.

I am on here a lot so if you need to chat you are more than welcom to get in touch,take care hun :hug:

My hubby in the Navy so I know exactly what you are going through.

I have been on my own for 6 monthers and an 8 month deployment.I hate it.My hubby not been away for a while now but he goes on another ship in January so the whole thing will start again.

All I keep telling myself is how fantastic it is when they come home again.It's the best feeling in the whole world.

If ever you need a chat give me a shout hun.:hug:

Well the day I have been dreading for months has finally come. My husband has left for a 7 month tour abroad today and I am so sad :cry:

In 6 years in the army the longest he's been away for is 6 weeks so I am a bit lost now, and he's only been gone for 1.5 hours!!

Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow as doing some fireworks for the kids with my family so I hope this will cheer me up!

I suppose on the plus side i'll get the bed, pc and tv remote all to myself:)

Oh well, I'll pour myself a glass of wine or two in a bit when the kids are in bed and watch Corrie then some soppy film and just hope and pray the next few months fly by and my husband will be safe and well whilst he is away.

Sorry geeks for my little moan! :lol:

No need to apologise, I think you are being really brave - take care:hug::hug:

aaarrr, thank you all for your kind replies. I really should be used to him being away by now, but it just seems to stretch ahead of me at the mo like a long dark tunnel right now. I know i'll feel better soon, the first few days are always the worst.

Thank you for your lovely replies:hug:

hey hun, when my hubby was away I used to do all the stuff he didn't like, bubble baths, anne summers partys............. what ever and I used to do him parcels, photo's of me and the kids, he was in irland and they were restricted on the amount of money they were allowed to have with them, so I'd send him fags and Christmas I sent him and the guys a big Iced xmas cake, and :o once I sent him a garter with a note telling him I was wearing the matching one. Just keep it up beat, and remember he's missing you just as much as you are missing him, but you've got us, he's got a bunch of hairy a***ed squadies to chat to:lol:, chin up hun, he'll be home before you know it.

Awww I feel for you, tell yourself you'll be ok and you will be!!:hug:

Awww I feel for you, tell yourself you'll be ok and you will be!!:hug:

Yep I know, think positive... I'm getting there, I feel much better now than I did earlier thank you xxx Cheers for all your kind replies, I do appreiciate it xxx

Aww poor you, my hubby started nights this week and I ddn't like the first few nights on my own! Luckily he only does nights once every 3 weeks. I am sure the months wil go really quick babe! xx

Aww poor you, my hubby started nights this week and I ddn't like the first few nights on my own! Luckily he only does nights once every 3 weeks. I am sure the months wil go really quick babe! xx

Yep I'm hoping so! thanks x

Hope the fireworks cheer you up and you've always got us geeks to talk to :hug: xx

Awwwwwwwww hun big hugs,:hug::hug::hug:. Your not alone though as the geek family is always here!!

Latest posts

Back