Always looking at people nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XeLeGaNcEnAiLsX

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was curious to find out if this was just me or does everybody do it ...

Ever since i started doing nails i have realised that whenever i see someone on the TV, the first thing i notice is there nails if they have got enhancements on or just a polish and sometimes even their natural nails!! I don't remember doing it before i was qualified but since i have been it's the first thing i notice about people now!!! :)

xxx

Yep. I've been doing nails for over 25 years and I still do it (as in, OMG, those nails don't look right for that person, shape, etc.)

I am also a seamstress so I also do it when looking at clothes on the rack in the store to see how they are made or on people in the street cos if they don't fit right I automatically alter the pattern in my head.

welcome to the obsession (and there are quite a few of us).

:)

Nancy

We all do it. It comes with the job.

Before you have a baby, you never seem to see any buggies around, and then as soon as you get pregnant and you're looking for one to buy, everyone seems to be pushing a pushchair.

Yes I do it....:lol:

Plus I have a foot obsession....I hate feet with a passion and yet I can't help looking at peoples toes...:eek: Both men and women.....

Not seen any Minx toenails yet though :lol:

me too. in addition to checking out enhancements i am always looking to see if someones natural nails would make a good model for photographic nail work.

Yep, Im one too! lol I ALWAYS look at peoples hands and feet. Sometimes I comment on them too....said to a lady in the bank once, "oh, your nails look nice, where did you get them done?" and consequently she is now one of my very loyal and regular customers! xx

You are not alone, I do it too. And I always look at peoples eyebrows too!
xx

I always look at nails. Oh, and for some unknown reason, eyebrows, too... :)

Lol i thought it was just me, i just can't help it sometimes when out and about i'll say to friends\hubby did you see her nails! and they are like eh!!!! :lol:

oh me too! so glad we are all alike, all geeks together lol! I'm pretty sure i did it even before i was qualified too!

me too...can´t let it be.
Often when they have enhancements on i will double check to see how they compare to my work. I like to know where i stand amongst other nailtechs and if i see a gorgeous set it makes me work harder and do better.

I look all the time and I hate it when they're poorly done. I just think to myself, Did you really pay for that??

Same with people's hair after cosmetology...I could not stop analyzing people's haircuts.

It's very normal, so no need to feel alone ... I guess we all do it within our subconscious.

Mee too. And since I was a child, I did it with feet also. Maybe I was a desperate nail technician :)

me too...can´t let it be.
Often when they have enhancements on i will double check to see how they compare to my work. I like to know where i stand amongst other nailtechs and if i see a gorgeous set it makes me work harder and do better.

plus its useful to know who does a decent set because sometimes you might need someplace you can recomend if you are booked up.

Yes me too and ive even got my partner doing exactly the same much to his disapointment

plus its useful to know who does a decent set because sometimes you might need someplace you can recomend if you are booked up.

indeed! I will need to do this in the near future since i will move back to Belgium and need to send all my customers somewhere else. I´m keeping an eye out towards other good nailtechs.

I'm always doing it ! I was in a meeting today staring at the service managers nails, lovley long nail beds thinking how nice they would look with a french, it's a shame lol x Glad i'm not alone :hug:

I'm always doing it ! I was in a meeting today staring at the service managers nails, lovley long nail beds thinking how nice they would look with a french, it's a shame lol x Glad i'm not alone :hug:

lol x I was busy looking at your nails and toes lucydog too when you came over to mine :) I remember your finger nail enhancements and toenails were immaculate and all sparkly with your lovely summery sandals on to match ,
I think you had some little sparkley shells enscapsulated in them ,
anyway they were lovely :lol: ,
so yes I do the same too lol x

Latest posts

Back