Another before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carend

Reaction score
Hi,did my friends nails last night-she has really ikkle nail beds so i tried to extend them with the akzentz warm coverage gels-still couldn't blank out all of the natural free edge tho but they looked ok i think,here are some pics!Critique welcome-but the pics are really crap-not sure whats goin on with my camera-think the batteries may've been low as it wouldn't focus properly:cry:

ps why does everyone want just white tips?noone wants glitter!!!!!!!!!:cry:
Oh and had another friend over at the same time so we could have a girlie night and our other friend started crying halfway thru so i had to stop to cuddle her so it took agggeeess in the end!Another late night yet again!:eek: :lol:

Well done for trying to extend her nails beds. You are right that you can still see the free edge through which is a shame. I have never tried to use a coverage Gel so can't help with that one.

The depth of your smiles is nice and consistent.

However I think that they would look better if you brought those side walls in a little xx

You're smiles are great! Wish I could get mine like that on all 10 nails!:lol:

He he!Thankyou both!yeah they are still a bit wide at the ends but i found it really hard to make them look slim as her natural nails were quite a bulbous shape anyway...
But they were a huuuge improvement on the 1st set i did on her-when i was having major glue problems and the tips kept popping off after i'd blended them-i will post the pics just to give u a laugh-they were awful!!!!

As her nails are quite fan shaped, next time you could try tapering the tip more before application or even go for a more almond shape.

Good idea!I haven't been brave enough to try an almond on anyone else yet-have cracked it on mine but looks scary on others....i thought about sculpting but i imagine with a wider free edge than cuticle they'd probly end up even more fan shaped looking?....
I really need some more training tho-thinkin about getting a loan now-just need an income first to repay the bugger with!:irked:

Hi Carend, As you rightly say, the photies are quite blurred and a bit far from the subject. However, based on what I can see in the pics, it looks as if the whites are a bit too thick with a ridge where the white begins. The apex looks like it could perhaps be built up more although a side angle pic would show this to be the case or not. I also agree that the sides should be tapered in more at the free edge.

This been said, I have no doubt your friend is very happy with them. I would be too:) xx

As her nails are quite fan shaped, next time you could try tapering the tip more before application or even go for a more almond shape.

I agree....

well done to you.:hug:

Hi

i think youve done a great job of enhancing her nails - well done !!!!

jules x

I'll bet the client was really pleased, well done.

Thankyou all!i know there is alot of room for improvement and they are far from perfect but one day i hope to iron out all of my weaknesses money permitting:green:
But she was happy with them and i was too so coulda been worse!Lol:hug:

well done hun x

Thankyou!!!!:hug:

i think they look lovely, although i'd take in the side walls a little more. Is the white a little thick on some or is that your camera?

In regard to the akzentz coverage, i find that if i apply it a touch thicker where the natural free edge is, a bit like a builder it covers a little better. However, it never completely covers it, normally customers are just pleased to get rid of their stumpy nail beds.

BTW, your smiles are good esp as you had no natural line to follow! xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back